Dagenham and Redbridge V Torquay Utd. A Saturday 30th September 2017 -match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 19:26 Disgusting , not a whimper since that video interview thing ... coward
Not sure what you would be expecting to hear: other than I know absolutely nothing about football so I handed over the reins of running the club to a General Manager - he asked for money to improve the pitch - I gave it to him - he asked for money for youth development - I gave it to him - he wanted money to rid one manager and money for a new managers compensation - I gave it to him - he asked for extra money to increase the squad - I gave it to him. And what do I get in return! a ranking of 4th in the 'Worst starts to a season'. Why blame him, would you want to waste your Saturday afternoon on a team of losers when you don't even like the sport. He's a property developer - its time to get use to it.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national ... nzung/alle
Maidstonegull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Sean McGinty

Post by Maidstonegull »

I thought that Today was an amazingly improved performance all round compared to Macclesfield . I attended both games and to be honest , after Macclesfield , I was really concerned .
We looked sharper, more organised and defended really well throughout today , with all the back 4 outstanding up to the 70 minute mark . We then seemed to lose focus after 70 minutes at the back . This coincided with some substitutions from Dagenham . It felt like we thought our job was done , but it should have been , let's go again and deal and adapt with a different approach from their new forwards . So , a lesson to learn and realise that on several occasions this season , we have conceded late because of this . If it's 0-0 away from home after 70 minutes, surely we focus on a minimum of a clean sheet ?
Anyway , after having seen such a good performance today , I am absolutely sure that we will start getting points in the bag very soon , as long as we learn our lessons .
We will not be going down this season , that is for sure after watching today . So , tell everybody to get down to plainmoor on Tuesday night because I absolutely guarantee after watching today , that if we improve as much as we have over the past week and learn from our mistakes , we will be getting our first win of the season on Tuesday night
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

There is something to build on lets get behind the team the next home game.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

MellowYellow wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 19:57 Not sure what you would be expecting to hear: other than I know absolutely nothing about football so I handed over the reins of running the club to a General Manager - he asked for money to improve the pitch - I gave it to him - he asked for money for youth development - I gave it to him - he wanted money to rid one manager and money for a new managers compensation - I gave it to him - he asked for extra money to increase the squad - I gave it to him. And what do I get in return! a ranking of 4th in the 'Worst starts to a season'. Why blame him, would you want to waste your Saturday afternoon on a team of losers when you don't even like the sport. He's a property developer - its time to get use to it.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national ... nzung/alle
He owns the club and the last interview he gave had within that several key pledges, none of which came to fruition. Now is no where to be seen , even sharing in the misery and having some empathy would help. Along with some positive encouraging statement.
I won't get used to seeing him as a property developer at the expense of our club
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Come on everybody, the tide is turning.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 21:51 Come on everybody, the tide is turning.
It certainly is: ebbing out of the National League and flowing into the Southern League.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 21:08 He owns the club and the last interview he gave had within that several key pledges, none of which came to fruition. Now is no where to be seen , even sharing in the misery and having some empathy would help. Along with some positive encouraging statement.
I won't get used to seeing him as a property developer at the expense of our club
And if he did come out and say he equally shares your misery and he feels great empathy for you and concluded his sole mission in life was the success of the club, ask yourself truthfully - would you believe him? If no - what use a statement!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The only issue with saying we are going to win on Tuesday night that we are playing a team that won 3-0 today and have already won six time this season
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

brucie wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 19:42Every game we seem to be on the arse end of refereeing decisions.
There was nothing wrong with that penalty decision brucie; it was stonewall and there was nothing 'unlucky' in the manner of today's defeat......unfortunate and self-destructive I would say and THAT is Gary Owers biggest problem to deal with.

I thought Maidstonegull summed it up perfectly for me and all I wold add is the need for more pitch time for the two front men ~ McQuoid & Murphy ~ who looked a little ring rusty and not really fit enough yet for the amount of time they were left out there on the pitch today.

But it was a good, competent performance, good shape to the team; good balance and (on the whole) good discipline and determination to stop crosses, close people down and press. I never saw that under Nicholson. I think this management will sort them out.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Sep 2017, 23:10 [
But it was a good, competent performance, good shape to the team; good balance and (on the whole) good discipline and determination to stop crosses, close people down and press. I never saw that under Nicholson.
Flabbergasted! Never thought I would hear you say a negative word about the previous managerial incumbent.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yeah; well YOU especially need to get real and see the shit left in the toilet bowl for the paper on top of it..........it's eye opening what a bit of professional management can achieve when a side is set up properly, with square pegs in square holes and round ones in their appropriate pockets of the pitch.

Pressing, closing down and preventing crosses in a manner that Nicholson's lacksadaisical sides never did and controlling a game on the road as hardly ever before.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 00:08 Yeah; well YOU especially need to get real and see the shit left in the toilet bowl for the paper on top of it..........it's eye opening what a bit of professional management can achieve when a side is set up properly, with square pegs in square holes and round ones in their appropriate pockets of the pitch.

Pressing, closing down and preventing crosses in a manner that Nicholson's lacksadaisical sides never did and controlling a game on the road as hardly ever before.
You may well be right, but yesterday is not ours to recover, although tomorrow is ours to win or lose, so I will wait until the present incumbent exceeds the previous incumbents tally. Not looking too good so far but the next two home matches against [font=Arial Black]part-time clubs [/font]should tell us more.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Sounds like a positive reaction from today, despite defeat. I thought the same at guiesley. The fact is a good performance every half dozen games constitutes nothing and further highlights how shit we are. Mathematical it's not too late, but it's going to have to be a miracle of the greatest magnitude to sort this mess out. This is a joke, our last win in the league was April, now that is depressing.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 00:08 Yeah; well YOU especially need to get real and see the shit left in the toilet bowl for the paper on top of it..........it's eye opening what a bit of professional management can achieve when a side is set up properly, with square pegs in square holes and round ones in their appropriate pockets of the pitch.

We lost...........................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

lucy6lucy wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 02:30 Sounds like a positive reaction from today, despite defeat. I thought the same at guiesley. The fact is a good performance every half dozen games constitutes nothing and further highlights how shit we are. Mathematical it's not too late, but it's going to have to be a miracle of the greatest magnitude to sort this mess out. This is a joke, our last win in the league was April, now that is depressing.
This is similar to the sentiment I felt leaving the game yesterday. Based on what I saw, I could have quite easily proclaimed that we will never get relegated playing like that and we will be fine. But then you look at the league table and realise how much ground we have to make up and I'm not so sure. Good performances are promising, but we need to turn it into cold, hard results asap.

Somebody posted a great stat when GO took over, states that from the day he took over, in order to get to the magical 50 point mark we would need 1.33 points per game - solid midtable form rather than promotion form. So far, under GO we are 3 games in and have 1 point on the board - we're 3 points behind schedule. So we now need 2 wins and a draw from the next 3 to keep on track.

Saying that, if we can dig out yesterday's performance levels with a little more polishing we will start winning games soon. I'm not going to proclaim we will smash Maidenhead - they are clearly a good side and playing well. But so we're Dagenham, and we've just given them one hell of a workout on their own patch so it's not beyond the realms of reality that a win is just around the corner