Dagenham and Redbridge V Torquay Utd. A Saturday 30th September 2017 -match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Dagenham and Redbridge V Torquay Utd. A Saturday 30th September 2017 -match thread

Post by Glostergull »

I will start this off just in case others have lost the will to live. We travel to Daggers on the back of a run which makes Diahorhea look fun. Out of 12 games. we haven't managed a win yet. ? but with an ever lengthening injury list. well, not so much a list as a Horizontal. Daggers are out for GI and the players. Management still has a little time to earn respect. so I wish Gary Owers and MArtin Kuhl the best. But you might as well be Ceasar cos the daggers will be in for us. if not in our back. Line.
I don't expect to get any points on this one and might even agree with Wivel for once. not sure what to agree with him on yet but I will give him benefit of the doubt.
If we get away without a heavy defeat I will be surprised. I don't go for double figures although some might Where are ya Brucie. But if we take home any points I will be staddaggered.
To quote Shakespeare, ye heathens. bowt time yoo learneded a little culcher.

You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!
O you hard hearts, you cruel men of Rome,
Knew you not Pompey?

oh that we were playing Pompey let alone know them, although I doubt we will ever meet Roma

I am not gamesome: I do lack some part
Of that quick spirit that is in Antony

he doesnt yet play for us anyway.

Set honour in one eye and death i' the other,
And I will look on both indifferently.

and such is the lot of gulls fans that we are now in danger of this nefarious apathy.

He reads much;
He is a great observer, and he looks
Quite through the deeds of men.

Although I have doubts our lot is reading anything more challenging than the Beano at the moment.

Caesar. The ides of March are come.
Soothsayer. Ay, Caesar; but not gone.

Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar!

march. ? we will be relegated by then anyway at this rate. But as they say. Et tu Brute. Then Fall GI

To qoute another great Shakespearean writer. with the plays wot he wrote.

Alas, Poor Yorick. I knew him, Horatio. lets put him in defense. HARSENAL
Last edited by Glostergull on 26 Sep 2017, 02:04, edited 4 times in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Your nuts😀

Most will see this as a certain defeat, let's face it we are hardly on fire. Some how, this is Torquay and I can see us winning this 2-1.
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 01:56 Your nuts😀

Most will see this as a certain defeat, let's face it we are hardly on fire. Some how, this is Torquay and I can see us winning this 2-1.
Hellfire. Ive been accused of being a rosetinter. But your positively Burgundy
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

If Anderson plays we lose

If he doesn't we have a chance
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

A hammering
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

Dagenham and Redbridge (2) 6
Torquay United (0) 1

Att: 1339.

p.s. at least dear old GILBERT looked happy at the Macclesfield game. The rest was silence [Hamlet].
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

wivelgull wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 10:13 Dagenham and Redbridge (2) 6
Torquay United (0) 1
That'll be a Uzzell special then!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Glostergull wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 01:40 I will start this off just in case others have lost the will to live. We travel to Daggers on the ................
In fact it's better than Shakepeare that. It's worthy of the great Bard.

Not my words, the words of Alan Partridge.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Personally I don't see this as a hammering.

Sure they are a top seven team but its Dagenham and Redbridge not Manchester City. The difference between top and bottom teams is less in this league.

Hopefully we can man up, cut out the ridiculous mistakes and perhaps get a couple of key decisions go our way for a change because that has not happened so far this season.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by wivelgull »

John Uzzell! Every team needs a 'big boot', and Uzzell was the biggest boot ever.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Glostergull wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 01:40
He reads much;
He is a great observer, and he looks
Quite through the deeds of men.
For a moment, I thought you were referring to Merse.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 01:56 Your nuts😀

No Lucyx2 - you're nuts !! ;-) I can't see us getting anything from this game although I agree with Brucie that it won't be a hammering - maybe 2 - 0. Something - nil anyway. By the way, does anyone know what has happened to Dan Sparkes? He did sign for the Daggers, didn't he? I don't think he's played for them yet this season. Is he injured? If this is the case, it must be Nicholson's fault, obviously ....... :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 10:13 Dagenham and Redbridge (2) 6
Torquay United (0) 1 Att: 1339.
Good to see the Seasiders edging away from the relegation places, Wivel. Did John Campbell play last Saturday? He didn't get on the scoresheet ......... I think he could be a good signing for Whitby.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

A result for us on Saturday would be a draw but we need to sort the left hand side out. Any novice could see that it was very poor last Saturday. McQuoid starting should improve us and maybe Davis will be fit. 1-1 for me but hope for a win. :whip: Martyn get your whip out!
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

tomogull wrote: 26 Sep 2017, 17:29 Good to see the Seasiders edging away from the relegation places, Wivel. Did John Campbell play last Saturday? He didn't get on the scoresheet ......... I think he could be a good signing for Whitby.
From Yellowsforum.co.uk:

Sep 23, 2017 at 7:23pm on Sep 23, 2017

As the stars align I found myself back in my home town today and, with the sun out and a beer or two in town behind us, a mate of mine and myself decided to venture to the Turnbull Ground to witness the home debut of John Campbell for Whitby Town.

Kick off and the ball gets passed to the left back. JC looks for the channel and gets a ball over the top to run onto. Gets caught in a divot and twists his ankle. And on comes the sub after four minutes...all of 25 seconds action for our Geordie hero.

Had a word with him afterwards as he hobbled by. His comment "gutted, I'd have scored a load against this lot". Given that the score was 3-2 in the end hard to disagree!