Dagenham and Redbridge V Torquay Utd. A Saturday 30th September 2017 -match thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Highlights here

observations -

1 - How has McQuiod missed that!?!?!?

2 - McGinty is a moron
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Just to clarify, I wasn't calling into question Andy's mental health... like your goodself WYG I too have suffered (and continue to do so) the 'black cloud' and know how debilitating it can be.

Time to draw a line under this methinks.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

United62 wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 16:43 All valid points and thank you for the detailed explanation Andy.

The 'joys' of being a football fan, eh!
Very respectful of you United 62 and i appreciate your understanding with what must seem like a difficult concept for most to get their head around. The very fact that you are willing to do so is also greatly appreciated. I accept my posts are annoying as hell and i come across as an arsehole but that's never my intention despite what anyone thinks. However, we aren't all going to get along and that's just life i guess. Just wanted to make my points.

Football, bloody football! :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

United62 wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 16:51 Just to clarify, I wasn't calling into question Andy's mental health... like your goodself WYG I too have suffered (and continue to do so) the 'black cloud' and know how debilitating it can be.

Time to draw a line under this methinks.
Why not? I question it all the bloody time!! :)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Looks a definite penalty to me, what the hell was McGinty doing?
I like him defensively but his distribution seems to be getting worse, he hoofs it upfield without even looking
for a yellow shirt. He must have talent if Ferguson paid a million quid for him as a 16yr old, not sure where it
has gone though. I was there on saturday, I dont really like one striker on his own up front, I hope Gray or
Keating support Murphy tomorrow, no need for both Evans and Lathrope at home, if not McQuoid and Reid have
to do a lot better.McQuoid was a disappointment after his encouraging 2nd half v Macclesfield, shocking miss
on saturday. Reid unlucky with the top corner volley but overall rarely delivers, tries his guts out but that
should be a given for every player
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 16:45 Yorkie I understand what you are saying and have 100% compassion with any kind of mental health , I suffered with depression for years and I still have to manage it. I was once told to just get on with it !! Would you tell someone with a broken leg to just get on with and get walking ???? No you wouldn't....

I don't judge peoples support , if it's bit part of full time or whatever your support it's better than none
In all seriousness, never mind a phoenix club. Shouldn't we start a Torquay United Fans mental health drop in session as it appears it would be quite a popular introduction on a matchday for many fans down at TQ1 that they can benefit from. :bow:

It's actually spiriting to see so many people not being ashamed and happy to talk so openly about struggling with various aspects of what is a deeply complex yet deeply debilitating area of health and one largely ignored and derided by the NHS and the Government.

It's a ticking time bomb and with the explosion of social media and 24 hour exposure to bullies, trolls and peer pressure to keep posting photos of oneself trying to look like a barbie doll (not me, i'm a slightly rotund bearded skinhead man) then the cutbacks in this area made by the NHS and Government is going to leave significant numbers of vulnerable people with significant lifelong and life impacting issues.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 02 Oct 2017, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Oh yeah, Dagenham. :lol: Much improved performance and one which may, if repeated get a win against some crummier sides but ultimately no goal and no win. Go again tomorrow.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Just seen the pen - what the hell was McGinty doing? Pathetic defending!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

To totally change the subject for something constructive.
We have trouble scoring. that's so clear. yet there is A Premier league player today who has hung up his boots and retired because no one would hire him. He was only 35. which for his caliber would have been great for our level and one who would have put plenty of bums on seats.
how many would have flocked to See Ricky Lambert at Plainmoor? he could still score for free with a blindfold on. Actually, I have a feeling quite a few of hour team have had one on. But There was still an awful lot Ricky Lambert could have done and I'm sure he would have been a Godsend for us.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 16:48 1 - How has McQuiod missed that!?!?!?
2 - McGinty is a moron
3 - Lathrope thinks Reid's feet are underneath his chin judging by the way he 'set him up' for that great effort; Lathrope passed the ball in that manner most of the time on Saturday by the way,
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Modgull wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 17:47 Just seen the pen - what the hell was McGinty doing? Pathetic defending!
Bloody idiot , more like American football.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

Five and a half minutes of 1st half highlights and just over a minute from the 2nd half - is that a fair reflection of the game? Great effort from Reid, despite the poor pass from Lathrope.

I've watched that McQuoid miss about a hundred times in the hope that one time it goes in. We've all been there, you basically assume you've scored so you relax everything in your mind and body and let the ball do the work.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Glostergull wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 20:29 To totally change the subject for something constructive.
We have trouble scoring. that's so clear. yet there is A Premier league player today who has hung up his boots and retired because no one would hire him. He was only 35. which for his caliber would have been great for our level and one who would have put plenty of bums on seats.
how many would have flocked to See Ricky Lambert at Plainmoor? he could still score for free with a blindfold on. Actually, I have a feeling quite a few of hour team have had one on. But There was still an awful lot Ricky Lambert could have done and I'm sure he would have been a Godsend for us.
I'm sure there are many teams who would hire him but he has probably set his price too high.