BARROW V TORQUAY Match day thread.16 Sept 2017 ko 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

BARROW V TORQUAY Match day thread.16 Sept 2017 ko 3pm

Post by Glostergull »

I know it's early. but to detractors, I will say this in mitigation. Barrow, Ray, and SNW being touted as a jinx. (sorry Supes) we will know by Tuesday whether there is any real hope.
I'm not even hopeful we will have a permanent manager in place. and if there is will he be any good?
This will be the second of two tough fixtures. if we can get any points out of either of them then maybe something is happening for the good. or maybe not. either way, Ray will be mightily hacked off he didn't get to start this one at least.Being as it is his team. if we don't win anything else I hope we win this one!
It's the second or third longest journey we make (not sure if Hartlepools is about the same) we will likely have an overnight stop unless we fly up.(is that possible for any of the longest ones apart from Gateshead. No doubt there will be excuses trotted out and no doubt Wivel will agree with Bruce. But then they don't go anyway. The new signings have definitely made a difference. Dowling particularly having Championship experience from last season (I did keep tabs on him then) I doubt we can keep him longer but what a great thought if we could. Dorel has shored up the goal area in the absence of Ryan Clarke, and Gowling is back. I can see hope but how far down is the confidence of the players. if we go too far adrift it may not be possible to recover even before Christmas.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

It's Saturday 16th not 17th.

Thanks and duly edited. (Admin)
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

thanks S. i hadnt realised the date was a day out.

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Glostergull wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 16:10 thanks S. i hadnt realised the date was a day out.
Hope you haven't booked your train ticket for the 17th
Lucy
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

I'm in hospital having an operation then so no chance. although I have been known to turn up at clinics up to a week late or a week early. lol

nwyellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by nwyellow »

We will be there, funny as last year going and getting a point was a good result all things considered, this year it will be better than losing but not really much use, maybe more so after Bromley. My Bromley prediction is for a point, so may seem contradictory, but don't think that would be that much use either at the moment.
Didn't see the Wrexham game, but saw Solihull and then Chester and the play seems to be improving with the new players, showing some of the others how to play and what commitment is. So, lets get behind them either way.
Score prediction will have to wait until after this weeks games
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Flippen eck. operation cancelled, I've done my back in so can't go. looks like I'm going to suffer another day listening to the radio. grrr

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Now that we ACTUALLY have a topic related to Barrow where have all the in-house Barrow fans gone?!?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 18:52 [highlight=yellow]Now that we ACTUALLY have a topic related to Barrow where have all the in-house Barrow fans gone?!?[/highlight]
oh yes, the irony.... :}
but frankly, who cares....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Devon Live are guessing it's Kevin Wilkins the new manager ex Wrexham. Then again it could be Harrop.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

arcadia wrote: 11 Sep 2017, 21:51 Devon Live are guessing it's Kevin Wilkins the new manager ex Wrexham. Then again it could be Harrop.
Devon Live are as usual just repeating rumours they have read on the forums. They have no more idea than any of us.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Another loss I am afraid - I think the new manager might just make a difference for the Macca game but this one, no way.

0-1 despite many chances to score and the most generous defence in national football conceding yet another soft goal.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

3 nil
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

2-1 to Torquay.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

so, Somewhat surprisingly we have a new duo in charge for the Barrow game. I'm still not sure about Gary Owers. he might be a capable manager but is he a magician? he will need to be to get us out of trouble, BUT. Martin Kuhl. now that is an interesting appointment. he might take a few games to shake em into shape but by eck will he. He is a bit of a pit bull who tolerates fools not!. so I can see one or two leaving if they don't tow the line. Although I think most will. he might even get Reid to actually find the net instead of row c.