Bromley v Torquay United Match Day Thread 12/9/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Having not posted for a while but having listened and followed the commentary of each game, it's hugely disappointing to see the demise of such a terrific family club with such a loyal following, something the current management and board simply do not deserve.

The cynic in me questions whether the demise of the club would actually play into the hands of GI and the delay in appointing a new manager is actually intended to create discord amongst the fans with dwindling gates, reduced support, effectively to champion their cause of the need to sell the ground as the only viable option moving forward.

It's easy to wreck a football club with this kind of approach and I certainly have no confidence in GI, Clarke Osborn or his long term intentions for this club.

It really is quite tragic and I commend the loyal and honest fans who continue to remain faithful to what can only be described as a club in free fall.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Can it get any worse.......probably - no doubt Herrera will still be in charge on Saturday. Now Williams is going round shaking all the Torquay supporters hands.

How touching - actually bloody pathetic really. Hes only scored **** one all season yet our no neck defenders let him help himself to a hat trick and we all congratulate him.

**** Williams - he wouldn't have been so happy if we had kicked him all over the pitch and shut him out.

We are such an embarrassment it is untrue. Just a complete soft touch and as for Herrera. Well the commentators were saying that he was silent in the dugout whilst Gowling was vocal. Herrera is such a complete muppet its a disgrace he is still in charge.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It shows that Nicholson got it wrong and should have made Williams a priority signing in he summer big mistake and was his downfall.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 21:49 Can it get any worse.......probably - no doubt Herrera will still be in charge on Saturday. Now Williams is going round shaking all the Torquay supporters hands.

How touching - actually bloody pathetic really. Hes only scored **** one all season yet our no neck defenders let him help himself to a hat trick and we all congratulate him.

**** Williams - he wouldn't have been so happy if we had kicked him all over the pitch and shut him out.

We are such an embarrassment it is untrue. Just a complete soft touch and as for Herrera. Well the commentators were saying that he was silent in the dugout whilst Gowling was vocal. Herrera is such a complete muppet its a disgrace he is still in charge.
Like I said in a previous thread. Torquay United's fanbase are a jolly nice bunch and that's why we're being walked all over.

Meanwhile, Harrop and Clarke sit chuckling away to themselves and Nicholson wonders where it went wrong.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

It's all a disgrace ....

I'm ashamed of our club....

How can that fat prick Harrop even turn up ...he should be given a asbo from the bay
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Just as Exeter score the winner at Barnet. Another **** completely depressing night. Agreed - we are having the piss taken out of us.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I've seen one of the biggest problems with Nicholson / Herrera is that they don't call it as it is - someone posted in the management discussion that the team haven't had a bollocking in over 2 years... I can easily see how this is true from all the pats on the back for effort the team have recievrd without management ever coming out and taking the hard line and calling out a woeful performance for what it is.

It's a classic case of inexperience - I faced the same problem early in my leadership career...you fear upsetting people or damaging their morale or worse, losing their respect...

YET I also learned the very way to gain respect is to tell it as it is and be straight up.

Enough of the justifications, reasons and excuses. We have to set the expectation that victory is the only option otherwise we will continue to fail.

We need a leader NOW and we need one who is willing to step up and fearlessly LEAD.

This cannot go on.
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 12 Sep 2017, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its now six games in charge and Herrera has managed TWO points.

Harrop - FOR **** SAKE DO SOMETHING.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

There are only two people ultimately responsible for our clubs demise and we know who they are.

It's plain to see that these two muppets have tried to make a Silk purse out of a Pigs ear!

Our predicament firmly rests on the shoulders of our beleaguered owner and his sidekick.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Agree kev...

I'm ashamed of them both have any connection with our club and only interested in making money from sold land

Osborne you are a prick

Harrop you are a prick
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Taking account of our dreadful goal difference, we are now NINE points away from safety. The new manager whoever he will be has already got a huge job on his hands, and it could well be even worse after Saturday.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tomogull wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:10 Taking account of our dreadful goal difference, we are now NINE points away from safety. The new manager whoever he will be has already got a huge job on his hands, and it could well be even worse after Saturday.
I like your optimism Tomo, it could be worse after Saturday 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

What bloody strategy does leaving us 4 weeks getting more adrift justifys the manager appointted.

What" way of thinking' are they after of new manager ? Answer is I got no bleeding chance ...
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I agree as well. It's ridiculous. There is no point blaming Herrera. He had 12 to players to pick from again tonight. It's not only the wait for new management it's also the wait for new players any new manager would insist on. We are being seemingly deliberately handicapped and the supposed Chairman says nothing. Forget all the ranting at the players etc we seem to be strategically deflated as a club.... Presumably Nicholson was sacked not only because he lost games but because he was not in line with the new 'culture' and just look what the new 'culture' actually is. It's what has happened at dog tracks around the country.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

tomogull wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 22:10 Taking account of our dreadful goal difference, we are now NINE points away from safety. The new manager whoever he will be has already got a huge job on his hands, and it could well be even worse after Saturday.
You seen the next 3 games though? Miracles are now required.