Torquay v Chester. 2/9/17 Match day thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Torquay v Chester. 2/9/17 Match day thread

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Match day thread for this Saturday's home match against Chester. :) :)

Hopefully we will have sorted out a manager by this match and it will be his first match in charge.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm going for a draw! Sticking my neck out, I know. Thus:

TUFC (0 0
Chester (0) 0

Att: 1003.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Does anyone actually care anymore?

:'( :'( :'(
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

wivelgull wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 17:37 I'm going for a draw!
I'm not going!
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

10-0 loss
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes, I will be there, hope for a new manager, performance and result, expecting nothing. Anything above my current expectation will = a bonus.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We need everyone to get behind the team. Get them believing.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I'll be back in the US by the Chester game, 5,000 miles is far enough from Plainmoor and Harrop's grubby little hands on our football club.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

arcadia wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 20:47 We need everyone to get behind the team. Get them believing.
Agree, this isn't about happy clapping any more, the teams confidence is in the toilet right now, it will not just be the job of the new manager to try and take the pressure off the team, but having players, that know the fans are behind them will help.

As a general point rather than meant as part of the quote. The atmosphere around the ground is toxic, I really do get the frustrations, feeling it myself, but the default chant right now is; either boo, rubbish, you useless f-in, C's, you get the picture, it must be real fun for the players to turn up, and try to their jobs, yet be on the wrong end of some vile dogs abuse, they are at the moment.

I don't clap the team off when they haven't done enough to deserve it, but there are times when I cringe at some of what's shouted at them, from the minority, paying your gate money, des not give the right to abuse.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If we don't have a new decent manager in place with a decent budget then I won't even listen on the radio. it will be too embarrasing
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Torquay 1-1 Chester. A few contributors to this blog have called me out for consistent 1-1 predictions. I think this match fixture TUFC fans should be hoping for a point given the situation the club finds itself in.

Akintunde and Klukowski to score.

Ray
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 00:19 Torquay 1-1 Chester. A few contributors to this blog have called me out for consistent 1-1 predictions. I think this match fixture TUFC fans should be hoping for a point given the situation the club finds itself in.

Akintunde and Klukowski to score. Ray
Yeah ...... there we go ! The predicted 1 - 1 draw on the Prediction thread. By the law of averages, you will get it right one day, Ray. And even Klukowski might score. How close is David Fitzpatrick to fitness?

Chester seem to be quite tight at the back and LRT is holding his place. If he is carrying on the form that he hit during the last 10 games or so of last season, he deserves his place. Good luck to him. But they don't seem to be scoring freely. Unless an experienced manager - e.g Ronnie Moore, Paul Cox, Richard Money - is appointed before Saturday, I predict a 0 - 2 defeat.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think Chester will go down this season. I like McCombe at the back for them. If he gets a solid centre half partnership and understanding i've seen what he is capable of at York. They are way too inconsistent though and have been poor for a few seasons now.

I think Torquay can win this and i'll go for a poxy 1-0 win.
Brightboy92
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by Brightboy92 »

As has already been said, a new gaffer is a MUST for Saturday's game, we've already waited too long.

Hopefully a new manager, a few players returning from injury and a new month will signal the start of better things.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Aug 2017, 01:09 I think Chester will go down this season. I like McCombe at the back for them. If he gets a solid centre half partnership and understanding i've seen what he is capable of at York. They are way too inconsistent though and have been poor for a few seasons now.

I think Torquay can win this and i'll go for a poxy 1-0 win.
Yep they may go down but beat Aldershot 2-1 last weekend!