Torquay v Chester. 2/9/17 Match day thread

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Cannot get to Plainmoor tomorrow due to family commitment.

Knowing my luck we will win against all the odds because this is what Torquay United do!

Team; Dorel Higgins McGinty Anderson Cole Young Gray Dowling Reid Keating Pittman

Bench. Osborn Mitchell Klukowski Fallon.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

The whole situation regarding the club is absolutely ridiculous !
We have no money and playing resources prior to these injuries were scarce to say the least .
The latest saga involving the goalkeeper situation sums it all up .
We have goalkeeper brought to the club (Osborn)as a back up to Clarke . We are told he it is too early for him to play first team football. Then why the bloody hell did we sign him if we aren't prepared to use him ! Surely it's the perfect time for him to start.
We don't have that luxury of players we won't play.
So we sign a keeper who had never met any of the lads the day before. I doubt if anyone could argue that our back four may amongst other issues have a communication problem.
I hope to god his English is spot on as he will need it on top form tommorow.
I give up !
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Isn't Klukowski injured?
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Apologies for the typing cock up but ....
The whole situation regarding the club is absolutely ridiculous !
We have no money and playing resources prior to these injuries were scarce to say the least .
The latest saga involving the goalkeeper situation sums it all up .
We have goalkeeper brought to the club (Osborn)as a back up to Clarke . We are told he it is too early for him to play first team football. Then why the bloody hell did we sign him if we aren't prepared to use him ! Surely it's the perfect time for him to start.
We don't have that luxury of players we won't play.
So we sign a keeper who had never met any of the lads the day before. I doubt if anyone could argue that our back four may amongst other issues have a communication problem.
I hope to god his English is spot on as he will need it on top form tommorow.
I give up !
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

For what's it's worth
1-2 Pittman to get the consolation goal.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

1-0 Torquay James Gray early on, everyone is going to be excited but the win leads to disappointment
ATT- 1345
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Milner33 wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 17:55 1-0 Torquay James Gray early on, everyone is going to be excited but the win leads to disappointment
ATT- 1345
Who gets the job then ------? :)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 31 Aug 2017, 08:03

I don't agree with this sentiment. Yes the atmosphere is toxic, but whose fault is that, the owners for having not the faintest clue as to running a football crowd.
Just turning up and cheering on a team who are never likely to resemble a professional side is just sending a message to the owners that everything is okay.
[highlight=yellow]The fans pay their money and in return no employees of the club should not be surprised if those fans voice their discontent when the team fail to produce a half decent display.
[/highlight]
I wasn't in anyway suggesting we should turn up and happy clap the team.

As for the highlighted bit. This is what I'm on about, fans do pay their and do have a right to express their discontent, but there is world of difference between expressing discontent, and darn right abuse, no other industry would tolerate it, being on the wrong end of a moan and a groan, even booing, isn't nice, but most will cope with that, even take it on the chin, players know when they've deserved it.

What I was focusing on, is the shouts of 'you f-in, useless c' and much worse that I hear game in and out, no one deserves that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No, no, no, it's not the perfect time for Osborn to start in goal tomorrow, in fact, not only is it the wrong time for him to start, I can't think of a much worse time than to throw the young lad in to the lions den.

Think it was obvious why he was brought into the club, shouldn't need explaining, surely.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

----------------Dorel
Higgins McGinty Anderson Cole
------Dowling Young Chaney
--------Pitman Gray Keating

Reid
Haworth
Fallon
Osbourne
anyone else fit?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:09 ----------------Dorel
------Dowling Young Chaney
--------Pitman Gray Keating

Reid
Haworth
Fallon
Osbourne
anyone else fit?
Chaney is injured
Mitchell will likely be on the bench.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

forevertufc wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:06 No, no, no, it's not the perfect time for Osborn to start in goal tomorrow, in fact, not only is it the wrong time for him to start, I can't think of a much worse time than to throw the young lad in to the lions den.

Think it was obvious why he was brought into the club, shouldn't need explaining, surely.
Errrr yes actually it should!.

Dan Lavercombe made his debut at the same age having been the product of our youth system . Osborn arguably having gone to a premiership club has had some of the best coaching available. We are in the NL not PL .
Any goal keeper would tell you that coming into a losing side is a "nothing to lose situation " . Those of us who have played at any level know what I am talking about. He is not 16 and fresh from the youth team he is a professional footballer.
That aside , the main issue I have is that we obviously haven't signed Osborn as a straight up and down no 2. If we had we would be debating this point.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Richinns wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:13 Chaney is injured
thanks, ill amend to

----------------Dorel
---------Dowling Young
----------------Gray
--------Keating-----Reid
---------------Pitman
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:46 Errrr yes actually it should!.

Dan Lavercombe made his debut at the same age having been the product of our youth system . Osborn arguably having gone to a premiership club has had some of the best coaching available. We are in the NL not PL .
Any goal keeper would tell you that coming into a losing side is a "nothing to lose situation " . Those of us who have played at any level know what I am talking about. He is not 16 and fresh from the youth team he is a professional footballer.
That aside , the main issue I have is that we obviously haven't signed Osborn as a straight up and down no 2. If we had we would be debating this point.
After watching all the pre-seaon Osbourne has a long way to catch up with Lavercombe at the same age, coaching is one thing but natural ability is what professional clubs build on if the keeper has the required potential.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Richinns wrote: 01 Sep 2017, 18:13 Chaney is injured
So what do we reckon? is Dowling more of a CM or a wide midfielder? Could see Gray drop back into CM like he did against Woking, with Reid and/or Haworth starting on the wings.

Either way, it's not a great state of affairs!