Woking v Torquay match thread Monday 28/8/17 3pm

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

Bert
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 81
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 10:06
Favourite player: nico

Woking v Torquay match thread Monday 28/8/17 3pm

Post by Bert » 28 Aug 2017, 16:42

Does anyone remember a worse Gulls squad?


Yorkieandy
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 552
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 00:05
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy » 28 Aug 2017, 16:43

Need two wins now just to climb out of the bottom four. The pressure is on big time after a handful of games. No manager is going to sort this shower of sh*te out and nor will they be able to change the team to a winning one. The club is being strangled. Maybe GI can tell us why?

Also how long does it take to get a new manager in?!! It's likely to be someone out of work so get your fingers out of your arses GI and get it sorted you plums!! Maybe it's another delay tactic? Lose further ground with a temp manager to make survival in the league almost impossible and then bring in the new man. Not that it will make much difference anyway who is brought in.


yellowsmiffy
Player Coach
Player Coach
Posts: 1036
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 10:54

Post by yellowsmiffy » 28 Aug 2017, 16:46

I thought my 3.1 prediction was possibly too pessimistic... What an embarrassment the club is.


arrywithanh
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 346
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 22:00
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh » 28 Aug 2017, 16:51

Bert wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 16:42
Does anyone remember a worse Gulls squad?
in 15 years, NOPE


madgull
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 291
Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 01:57

Post by madgull » 28 Aug 2017, 16:56

To pre-empt:
WivelGull: "I think this is the worst set of reports EVER."


Gloomy Gull
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 638
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 19:28

Post by Gloomy Gull » 28 Aug 2017, 17:00

There are no words ............


sgf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 71
Joined: 21 Apr 2017, 13:09
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf » 28 Aug 2017, 17:01

After 40 years today is the final straw. I won't be posting on here anymore and will be going to no more games. I have fallen out of love the club and will instead staRT taking in local games. No stress, no abject disappointment

The club does not deserve the loyal following it has. It has become a joke of epic proportions and I csnt watch the club that has played such a big part of my life die before my eyes.

Those of you who keep the faith, I wish you luck but I fear this decline is terminal

I am so fucked off by every Saturday being ruined by these bunch of talentless clueless fuckwits. If you can't play football to a professional standard then spare me the pain and fuck off

Peace out, for good.


arrywithanh
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 346
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 22:00
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh » 28 Aug 2017, 17:03

sgf wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 17:01
After 40 years today is the final straw. I won't be posting on here anymore and will be going to no more games. I have fallen out of love the club and will instead staRT taking in local games. No stress, no abject disappointment

The club does not deserve the loyal following it has. It has become a joke of epic proportions and I csnt watch the club that has played such a big part of my life die before my eyes.

Those of you who keep the faith, I wish you luck but I fear this decline is terminal

I am so fucked off by every Saturday being ruined by these bunch of talentless clueless fuckwits. If you can't play football to a professional standard then spare me the pain and fuck off

Peace out, for good.
Stick with it mate, will get to the bottom of this in the end, too good a club to just lose...


Ottery gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 47
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 13:32
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Location: Ottery St Mary

Post by Ottery gull » 28 Aug 2017, 17:05

We are getting exactly what GI want. The demise of football in the bay so they can get their evil hands on the freehold. Those of you who disagree show me EVIDENCE that they have ever had a successful development as far as the incumbents are concerned. They are property developers and they couldn't give a shit for TUFC. I would love to be proved wrong


Yorkieandy
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 552
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 00:05
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy » 28 Aug 2017, 17:06

Too good a club to lose? You don't have a choice.


Zippy
First Team
First Team
Posts: 142
Joined: 25 Mar 2017, 18:33
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy » 28 Aug 2017, 17:07

hopefully the new manager will be in this week and will sort this mess out, we need to stick with it.


Taelee73
On the Bench
On the Bench
Posts: 19
Joined: 19 Dec 2015, 14:34
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 » 28 Aug 2017, 17:07

In 28 years, nope.
It may now be in the past, but why can't or shouldn't we blame kn to at least a degree, this is his mess ?
At the end of last season I totally believed in him, in his reasoning for all that was happening.
There was and is a lot going on behind the scenes no doubt, but isn't that true at a lot of clubs ?
The quality players he signed are injury prone. As proved yet again today. It's why no one else wanted them. The rest are garbage, even on the cheap they should at least show some guts. These are meant to be professionals !
Players with an attitude have been shipped on, yet these players managed correctly, will score goals or die for the cause.
The players, tactics, fitness regimens, are all his. We shouldn't lose regularly to part time clubs, no matter the multitude of excuses I've read on here.
We have the best pitch in the league, it should be our trump card, yet we continue to hoof the ball all day long.
GI may well screw us over, but no one else put their hands up did they.
And Yorkieandi, to call Torquay United home supporters simple is insulting. We pay our money to watch and support TUFC.
Is the wait for a new manager worrying, of course. I'm thinking there aren't many candidates.


arrywithanh
Star Player
Star Player
Posts: 346
Joined: 29 Jul 2017, 22:00
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh » 28 Aug 2017, 17:08

Taelee73 wrote:
28 Aug 2017, 17:07
In 28 years, nope.
It may now be in the past, but why can't or shouldn't we blame kn to at least a degree, this is his mess ?
At the end of last season I totally believed in him, in his reasoning for all that was happening.
There was and is a lot going on behind the scenes no doubt, but isn't that true at a lot of clubs ?
The quality players he signed are injury prone. As proved yet again today. It's why no one else wanted them. The rest are garbage, even on the cheap they should at least show some guts. These are meant to be professionals !
Players with an attitude have been shipped on, yet these players managed correctly, will score goals or die for the cause.
The players, tactics, fitness regimens, are all his. We shouldn't lose regularly to part time clubs, no matter the multitude of excuses I've read on here.
We have the best pitch in the league, it should be our trump card, yet we continue to hoof the ball all day long.
GI may well screw us over, but no one else put their hands up did they.
And Yorkieandi, to call Torquay United home supporters simple is insulting. We pay our money to watch and support TUFC.
Is the wait for a new manager worrying, of course. I'm thinking there aren't many candidates.
agreed... :goodpost:


westyorkshiregull
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Posts: 559
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 09:20
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull » 28 Aug 2017, 17:14

Club in crisis run by clowns with long standing supporters sufferering.


Yorkieandy
Team Captain
Team Captain
Posts: 552
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 00:05
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy » 28 Aug 2017, 17:14

By paying money to go and watch Torquay United you are helping GI. The destiny of the club isn't in your hands whether you attend or not. I accept my turn of phrase was insulting and unacceptable and for that i do apologise. All i want is for fans to actually wake up and realize the reality of what has been happening to the club over the past 5 years and what is likely to happen in the near future if the trend continues. After the start to the season i'd say it's business as usual.

Handing your money over to GI just helps them spend less and doesn't change the direction the club is going in.Handing your money over to sh*te footballers with no semblance of self respect doesn't change the direction the club is going in.

It's like all these Gooners moaning about Wenger and Kroenke. Those two aren't bothered because those fans will moan then still pay thouands of pounds for tickets every season. They can't lose. GI can't lose. There is zero resistance and fans still, STILL keep on giving the f*ckers money!!

Post Reply