Woking v Torquay match thread Monday 28/8/17 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Bert wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 16:42 Does anyone remember a worse Gulls squad?
in 15 years, NOPE
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

To pre-empt:
WivelGull: "I think this is the worst set of reports EVER."
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

There are no words ............
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

After 40 years today is the final straw. I won't be posting on here anymore and will be going to no more games. I have fallen out of love the club and will instead staRT taking in local games. No stress, no abject disappointment

The club does not deserve the loyal following it has. It has become a joke of epic proportions and I csnt watch the club that has played such a big part of my life die before my eyes.

Those of you who keep the faith, I wish you luck but I fear this decline is terminal

I am so **** off by every Saturday being ruined by these bunch of talentless clueless ****. If you can't play football to a professional standard then spare me the pain and **** off

Peace out, for good.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

sgf wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 17:01 After 40 years today is the final straw. I won't be posting on here anymore and will be going to no more games. I have fallen out of love the club and will instead staRT taking in local games. No stress, no abject disappointment

The club does not deserve the loyal following it has. It has become a joke of epic proportions and I csnt watch the club that has played such a big part of my life die before my eyes.

Those of you who keep the faith, I wish you luck but I fear this decline is terminal

I am so **** off by every Saturday being ruined by these bunch of talentless clueless ****. If you can't play football to a professional standard then spare me the pain and **** off

Peace out, for good.
Stick with it mate, will get to the bottom of this in the end, too good a club to just lose...
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

We are getting exactly what GI want. The demise of football in the bay so they can get their evil hands on the freehold. Those of you who disagree show me EVIDENCE that they have ever had a successful development as far as the incumbents are concerned. They are property developers and they couldn't give a shit for TUFC. I would love to be proved wrong
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Too good a club to lose? You don't have a choice.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

hopefully the new manager will be in this week and will sort this mess out, we need to stick with it.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

In 28 years, nope.
It may now be in the past, but why can't or shouldn't we blame kn to at least a degree, this is his mess ?
At the end of last season I totally believed in him, in his reasoning for all that was happening.
There was and is a lot going on behind the scenes no doubt, but isn't that true at a lot of clubs ?
The quality players he signed are injury prone. As proved yet again today. It's why no one else wanted them. The rest are garbage, even on the cheap they should at least show some guts. These are meant to be professionals !
Players with an attitude have been shipped on, yet these players managed correctly, will score goals or die for the cause.
The players, tactics, fitness regimens, are all his. We shouldn't lose regularly to part time clubs, no matter the multitude of excuses I've read on here.
We have the best pitch in the league, it should be our trump card, yet we continue to hoof the ball all day long.
GI may well screw us over, but no one else put their hands up did they.
And Yorkieandi, to call Torquay United home supporters simple is insulting. We pay our money to watch and support TUFC.
Is the wait for a new manager worrying, of course. I'm thinking there aren't many candidates.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Taelee73 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 17:07 In 28 years, nope.
It may now be in the past, but why can't or shouldn't we blame kn to at least a degree, this is his mess ?
At the end of last season I totally believed in him, in his reasoning for all that was happening.
There was and is a lot going on behind the scenes no doubt, but isn't that true at a lot of clubs ?
The quality players he signed are injury prone. As proved yet again today. It's why no one else wanted them. The rest are garbage, even on the cheap they should at least show some guts. These are meant to be professionals !
Players with an attitude have been shipped on, yet these players managed correctly, will score goals or die for the cause.
The players, tactics, fitness regimens, are all his. We shouldn't lose regularly to part time clubs, no matter the multitude of excuses I've read on here.
We have the best pitch in the league, it should be our trump card, yet we continue to hoof the ball all day long.
GI may well screw us over, but no one else put their hands up did they.
And Yorkieandi, to call Torquay United home supporters simple is insulting. We pay our money to watch and support TUFC.
Is the wait for a new manager worrying, of course. I'm thinking there aren't many candidates.
agreed... :goodpost:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Club in crisis run by clowns with long standing supporters sufferering.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

By paying money to go and watch Torquay United you are helping GI. The destiny of the club isn't in your hands whether you attend or not. I accept my turn of phrase was insulting and unacceptable and for that i do apologise. All i want is for fans to actually wake up and realize the reality of what has been happening to the club over the past 5 years and what is likely to happen in the near future if the trend continues. After the start to the season i'd say it's business as usual.

Handing your money over to GI just helps them spend less and doesn't change the direction the club is going in.Handing your money over to sh*te footballers with no semblance of self respect doesn't change the direction the club is going in.

It's like all these Gooners moaning about Wenger and Kroenke. Those two aren't bothered because those fans will moan then still pay thouands of pounds for tickets every season. They can't lose. GI can't lose. There is zero resistance and fans still, STILL keep on giving the f*ckers money!!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

From memory (no doubt someone can check it out) it would appear that we are matching York's record last season. I just hope that I'm wrong.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Yep, the only way is to bring this to a head as I said months ago on another thread.

Stop going and see what happens, they will either fold the club or have to invest.

If they fold then its a phoenix club.
TUST MEMBER
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

gateman49 wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 17:19 From memory (no doubt someone can check it out) it would appear that we are matching York's record last season. I just hope that I'm wrong.
Won't make a jot of difference if you are wrong....still bottom of the table with 1 point (against 9 men) out of possible 21!

Relegated by Christmas.....

I agree with Brucie and Wivel - and they haven't even posted yet!!!! :-|