Woking v Torquay match thread Monday 28/8/17 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

6-0
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

standupsitdown wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 21:38 This will be my first match of the season. From reports of the last few games it would seem that a win is not to be expected - but Dover was my last away match and we didn't expect to win their either.
At least with the Dover game it felt like we had 11 men who wanted to be wearing a Torquay shirt that afternoon.

Shambles of a team at the moment.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

4-0 :(
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Which team in this league is going to want to be the first to lose to us? None! If it's big Ronnie taking over surely not only will he be there this afternoon but also lining up some fit for purpose new players - and I do mean fit!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Only just realized there are games on today! Doh. Woking are struggling of late and playing struggling sides doesn't seem to bring the best results for Torquay but I'll go for the players to look themselves in the mirror, find some self respect and earn a 2-1 win to kick start the season.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Keating to score 1-1 draw.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 23:28 I do take this forum seriously and respect most posts. But seriously how has ray become a sensation amongst the admin members. The guy is a wind up merchant and a complete tool. So every Saturday at 16.54 he will post a match prediction thread, whereby the score will be 1-1. He will then make remarks that just irritate most. Can't be arsed tbh, just give ray the freedom of the forum and that other one which is arrharche, because like the club this forum is of late a joke,
Do as I do, Lucyx2. It's not easy, but just scroll down past posts by Ray and the Village Idiot. Strangely, Ray does not respond to posts about Barrow. I asked (a) what was the extent of David Fitzpatrick's injury and (b) why did he think Paul Cox has left Barrow? He did not reply to either. I have also learnt not to respond to Merse's acerbic posts, except when he posts downright untruths as he did after the Solihull games when he insinuated that players were feigning injury so they wouldn't be picked to play at Woking. Fortunately, there are far more reasonable and sensible posters on here than the few that irritate :red: ..... but i know what you mean!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

With only 15 fit players (that apparently includes Anderson) the squad could have gone in a mini-bus today.
Talk about a shambles.
Where's our next manager?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I wont be going, although I live in Basingstoke, I'm actually in Torquay :)
TUST MEMBER
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

We should have a sweepstake running on who plays left back. If it is Anderson (should he even be fit) then Klukowski will have to partner McGinty meaning Young is our only fit central mid (other than Mitchell!).
Make no mistake we are right in the shit today with our current form and the fact we cannot even put an 11 together who are able to play positions which are not foreign to them nor fill our subs bench. Just 16 players in the squad which includes 3 keepers (should Clarke make it which seems massively unlikely ) 5 strikers, an unfit Anderson and a child of a man who has never played senior professional football.
We will be absolutely smashed today.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Decided, for some strange reason, to jump in with the parents and go today - I wasn't even drunk or on drugs when I agreed to it either!

Supposed to be at home painting the lounge, which watching us, will coincidently be like watching paint dry so technically I will be doing some decorating of sorts :-D
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

tufc si wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 13:31 Decided, for some strange reason, to jump in with the parents and go today - I wasn't even drunk or on drugs when I agreed to it either!

Supposed to be at home painting the lounge, which watching us, will coincidently be like watching paint dry so technically I will be doing some decorating of sorts :-D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :goodpost:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

God knows what our formation is today - Chaney and Lathrope are missing, so we have 4 strikers plus Gosling on the pitch. Someone must be playing in a new position or else it's 4-2-4.

Bench is Osborn, Reid, Haworth, Mitchell. A goalkeeper, two non-contract players and Jamie Reid - with Fallon as well, we have 10 contracted outfield players competing for 10 places.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

tufc si wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 13:31 Decided, for some strange reason, to jump in with the parents and go today - I wasn't even drunk or on drugs when I agreed to it either!

:) :goodpost:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

Gulliball wrote: 28 Aug 2017, 14:26 God knows what our formation is today - Chaney and Lathrope are missing, so we have 4 strikers plus Gosling on the pitch. Someone must be playing in a new position or else it's 4-2-4.

Bench is Osborn, Reid, Haworth, Mitchell. A goalkeeper, two non-contract players and Jamie Reid - with Fallon as well, we have 10 contracted outfield players competing for 10 places.
Well Anderson at left back means Woking will at least have lots of fun attacking down that right side!

Horrific!!