Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

That was one of the worst games of football that I have ever seen, both sides were totally diabolical. I don't think that any single Torquay United player is worth mentioning, they were all incredibly poor. No confidence, no footballing ability, no direction, no leadership, just plain and simply atrocious. No manager will make this any better, the players are just not good enough.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Didn't go today, and don't think I'll return for a while. I see we had 1800 there again. That'll be 1200 next weekend after another loss on Monday.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well! I've seen and read some bad - some dreadful - reports over the last few years since I last attended Plainmoor, but these (and no doubt there are more to come) are the worst ever - and that's really saying something.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am criticizing those in charge because they are still playing Chaney at left back. Mind you as Neal has said it probably wouldn't make any difference because they are all useless.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:39 That was one of the worst games of football that I have ever seen, both sides were totally diabolical. I don't think that any single Torquay United player is worth mentioning, they were all incredibly poor. No confidence, no footballing ability, no direction, no leadership, just plain and simply atrocious. No manager will make this any better, the players are just not good enough.
But Nicholson has said this week that this a play-off squad! Thank goodness I'm in France and missed it.
Ronnie Moore surely not!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:45 I am criticizing those in charge because they are still playing Chaney at left back. Mind you as Neal has said it probably wouldn't make any difference because they are all useless.
although i rarely agree with brucie Chaney playing at LB is stupid - even if he played okay today.

As we have done - got a loanee to cover injured clarke - why havent we got one in for LB?

Or even more importantly got a loanee in who can play RB/LB and have both sides covered over the season - is Higgins going to play every game - probably not!
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

I understand that he really shouldn't be playing there but who else do we have i would rather have him then Anderson
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If Chaney, Lathrope and maybe Anderson are all injured what does that mean for Monday?
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Northampton gull wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:34
:goodpost: Chaney was Torquay's best player today, actually pushed on and tried to make a killer pass. Defending will never be his best attribute but today he did well. it was no coincidence that Solihull looked better going forward down that side when he went off.
Last edited by goody2449 on 26 Aug 2017, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

The worst display of football I have ever witnessed. Ever!!

Lathrope being out is blessing in disguise, another game passes him by!!! USELES!! the 50/50 draw winner should get the no 4 shirt for the next home game, they would probably work harder

Torquay are the most unfit team in the league. They might all be able to bench press 100kg with ease but after 20 mins of running they were all in bits and didn't look like they could close a man down. Whoever the fitness guy is needs to leave alongside KN, these players need a few runs over Dartmoor to build up some stamina, its embarrassing.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A real shambles, the search for a manager needs to go into overdrive. I disagree with the sentiments, I believe there is a base of a fairly decent team here, I am not going to fault the players, who've been poorly coached and managed.

Just when you think, things can't get any worse, you stand there, watch the Solihull keeper take what can only be described as along, hit and hope bog standard punt down the field, seemingly no communication between defence and the keeper, Lavercombe doesn't know what to do, ends up in no mans land, ball bounces over his head and it's the winning goal.

If you're an U14's manager, you'd take that that on the chin, schoolboys make those kind of mistakes, but professionals, one step form the FL, really ?embarrassing was that, and that comment is aimed at the back four as well, who did nothing to help the keeper in that situation . Not going to blame Lavercombe for that, he's an in-experienced keeper, who's barely played a competitive match of late, so kind of, what do you expect, the person who decided to bring him in on loan wants shooting to be honest.

The team very nearly rescued a point, Moors keeper makes a very good stop from a corner, but, to be fair, it would have been a stolen point, the over all team performance from TUFC was not close to the level needed to win games. A very poor game, between two very poor teams, but Solihull won the game fair play to them, there's a lot of hard work to be done here, and it's needed quick.

So my advice to Harrop, put down the endless packets of crisps and chocolate bars you eat, and do your job.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

You are going DOWN.

It is a shame , as Plainmoor can be a good ground.

Too much money in Premiership doesn't help , for a few so called elite Clubs.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well went last Saturday and couldn't make it today is work commitments. Reading the report THANK GOD FOR THAT I DIDN'T WASTE MORE FUEL AND MONEY.

HATE TO STICK KNIFE IN IF I WASN'T AT THE GAME but it's sounds a horror show. I can't see where we go from here and what's the short term solution. My dad usually attends and I pay every other ticket for him as it's my way of helping him and also helping the club. People just won't turn up and 6 games gone and we got one pathetic point and seemingly no manager yet. Can anyone say was cox at game if not I can't see him being next manager. Sure he would be there if he was ? If not why not...who does that leave ?
Been a supporter for 30 years now , not sure if I ever felt this low yet , last 3 years been hard but now I actually feel a bit ashamed. This is worse than the Webb years , does anyone agree
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fred Perry wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 18:25 You are going DOWN.
Can you do us a favour in your next post, and tell us something we don't already know.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

Today was yet another shambles of epic proportions. We need to get a new manager in pronto as I cannot see where the next points are going to come from. 1 point from 6 games and no points from Guisley, BW, Solihull (all potential 6 pointers) is just not good enough.

I agree with forever that this team is more 'decent' and experienced than last year, yet we're still making the same mistakes. A new/ experienced managerial team cannot arrive soon enough.

Also, can anyone explain why we now seem to have 2 midfielders (Lathrope and Young) playing in front of the back 4?
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf: