Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics are moved here for easier viewing.

dannyrvtufc4life
Administrator
Administrator
Favourite player: ??

Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Post by dannyrvtufc4life » 26 Aug 2017, 17:39

That was one of the worst games of football that I have ever seen, both sides were totally diabolical. I don't think that any single Torquay United player is worth mentioning, they were all incredibly poor. No confidence, no footballing ability, no direction, no leadership, just plain and simply atrocious. No manager will make this any better, the players are just not good enough.
General ramblings, always loquacious on a prodigious amount of different subject matters.
https://dannyharveyblog.wordpress.com/

Plymouth Gull
Player Manager
Player Manager

Post by Plymouth Gull » 26 Aug 2017, 17:40

Didn't go today, and don't think I'll return for a while. I see we had 1800 there again. That'll be 1200 next weekend after another loss on Monday.

wivelgull
Player Coach
Player Coach
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull » 26 Aug 2017, 17:44

Well! I've seen and read some bad - some dreadful - reports over the last few years since I last attended Plainmoor, but these (and no doubt there are more to come) are the worst ever - and that's really saying something.

brucie
Player Manager
Player Manager

Post by brucie » 26 Aug 2017, 17:45

I am criticizing those in charge because they are still playing Chaney at left back. Mind you as Neal has said it probably wouldn't make any difference because they are all useless.

nickbrod
Player Coach
Player Coach
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by nickbrod » 26 Aug 2017, 17:55

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 17:39
That was one of the worst games of football that I have ever seen, both sides were totally diabolical. I don't think that any single Torquay United player is worth mentioning, they were all incredibly poor. No confidence, no footballing ability, no direction, no leadership, just plain and simply atrocious. No manager will make this any better, the players are just not good enough.
But Nicholson has said this week that this a play-off squad! Thank goodness I'm in France and missed it.
Ronnie Moore surely not!

TUST_Member_Rob
Team Captain
Team Captain
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by TUST_Member_Rob » 26 Aug 2017, 17:57

brucie wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 17:45
I am criticizing those in charge because they are still playing Chaney at left back. Mind you as Neal has said it probably wouldn't make any difference because they are all useless.
although i rarely agree with brucie Chaney playing at LB is stupid - even if he played okay today.

As we have done - got a loanee to cover injured clarke - why havent we got one in for LB?

Or even more importantly got a loanee in who can play RB/LB and have both sides covered over the season - is Higgins going to play every game - probably not!

Northampton gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull » 26 Aug 2017, 18:02

I understand that he really shouldn't be playing there but who else do we have i would rather have him then Anderson

nickbrod
Player Coach
Player Coach
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by nickbrod » 26 Aug 2017, 18:07

If Chaney, Lathrope and maybe Anderson are all injured what does that mean for Monday?

goody2449
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 » 26 Aug 2017, 18:09

Northampton gull wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 17:34
brucie wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 17:28
Do these Tossers who "run" the club have any idea what they are doing. Firstly it was Nicholson and his "lottery winning team". Now its Tim "Nice but Dim Herrera" who seems impervious to the fact that Chaney is a liability at full back.

Speaking on the radio he stated that were several options for replacement goalkeepers so he chose the howler prone and inexperienced Lavercombe to play in front of a hopeless defence.

On the other site I predicted that Lavercombe would let in a fifty yard shot. Well I was wrong - looks like he let in a 90 yard one.

Really you couldn't make this shit up. Couldn't perhaps Harrop have intervened and made sure that we signed a proper keeper. Apparently not because he seems more fucking clueless than anyone else - and he is supposed to be running the show.

Far from "sifting" through a list of fantastic candidates we will be struggling to get anyone other than Paul fucking Compton at this rate.

Surely no sane person is going to want to manage this basket case.

You would almost think that Osborne has promised the players a big fat bonus if they get us relegated by October.

NO points against Bw, Gusiely, And Solihull. That is just a disgrace.

We might as well pack it in. There is no point in carrying on.

Woking on Monday. With a clown in goal. A liability at full back supplemented by nine other losers and a complete tit as a manager.

A complete and utter farce.

You criticised Chaney can I ask you were you there today if not I can hardly see how you can criticise a player who played today and in my opinion played very well yes he had his moments but for f**k sake he is a midfielder not a left back he is learning who else do suggest Anderson I don't think so he was awful he is slow and talentless Chaney out played him in that position by a country mile yes Sam may not be brilliant but he tried his hardest today and I don't think he should be criticised for his performance today if he doesn't perform in other games fair enough but not to day where he worked his balls of and played pretty well
:goodpost: Chaney was Torquay's best player today, actually pushed on and tried to make a killer pass. Defending will never be his best attribute but today he did well. it was no coincidence that Solihull looked better going forward down that side when he went off.
Last edited by goody2449 on 26 Aug 2017, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

goody2449
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 » 26 Aug 2017, 18:15

The worst display of football I have ever witnessed. Ever!!

Lathrope being out is blessing in disguise, another game passes him by!!! USELES!! the 50/50 draw winner should get the no 4 shirt for the next home game, they would probably work harder

Torquay are the most unfit team in the league. They might all be able to bench press 100kg with ease but after 20 mins of running they were all in bits and didn't look like they could close a man down. Whoever the fitness guy is needs to leave alongside KN, these players need a few runs over Dartmoor to build up some stamina, its embarrassing.

forevertufc
Friend of TorquayFans.com

Post by forevertufc » 26 Aug 2017, 18:22

A real shambles, the search for a manager needs to go into overdrive. I disagree with the sentiments, I believe there is a base of a fairly decent team here, I am not going to fault the players, who've been poorly coached and managed.

Just when you think, things can't get any worse, you stand there, watch the Solihull keeper take what can only be described as along, hit and hope bog standard punt down the field, seemingly no communication between defence and the keeper, Lavercombe doesn't know what to do, ends up in no mans land, ball bounces over his head and it's the winning goal.

If you're an U14's manager, you'd take that that on the chin, schoolboys make those kind of mistakes, but professionals, one step form the FL, really ?embarrassing was that, and that comment is aimed at the back four as well, who did nothing to help the keeper in that situation . Not going to blame Lavercombe for that, he's an in-experienced keeper, who's barely played a competitive match of late, so kind of, what do you expect, the person who decided to bring him in on loan wants shooting to be honest.

The team very nearly rescued a point, Moors keeper makes a very good stop from a corner, but, to be fair, it would have been a stolen point, the over all team performance from TUFC was not close to the level needed to win games. A very poor game, between two very poor teams, but Solihull won the game fair play to them, there's a lot of hard work to be done here, and it's needed quick.

So my advice to Harrop, put down the endless packets of crisps and chocolate bars you eat, and do your job.

Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry » 26 Aug 2017, 18:25

You are going DOWN.

It is a shame , as Plainmoor can be a good ground.

Too much money in Premiership doesn't help , for a few so called elite Clubs.

westyorkshiregull
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull » 26 Aug 2017, 18:26

Well went last Saturday and couldn't make it today is work commitments. Reading the report THANK GOD FOR THAT I DIDN'T WASTE MORE FUEL AND MONEY.

HATE TO STICK KNIFE IN IF I WASN'T AT THE GAME but it's sounds a horror show. I can't see where we go from here and what's the short term solution. My dad usually attends and I pay every other ticket for him as it's my way of helping him and also helping the club. People just won't turn up and 6 games gone and we got one pathetic point and seemingly no manager yet. Can anyone say was cox at game if not I can't see him being next manager. Sure he would be there if he was ? If not why not...who does that leave ?
Been a supporter for 30 years now , not sure if I ever felt this low yet , last 3 years been hard but now I actually feel a bit ashamed. This is worse than the Webb years , does anyone agree

forevertufc

Post by forevertufc » 26 Aug 2017, 18:35

Fred Perry wrote:
26 Aug 2017, 18:25
You are going DOWN.
Can you do us a favour in your next post, and tell us something we don't already know.

Oil Beef Hooked
Star Player
Star Player
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Oil Beef Hooked » 26 Aug 2017, 18:40

Today was yet another shambles of epic proportions. We need to get a new manager in pronto as I cannot see where the next points are going to come from. 1 point from 6 games and no points from Guisley, BW, Solihull (all potential 6 pointers) is just not good enough.

I agree with forever that this team is more 'decent' and experienced than last year, yet we're still making the same mistakes. A new/ experienced managerial team cannot arrive soon enough.

Also, can anyone explain why we now seem to have 2 midfielders (Lathrope and Young) playing in front of the back 4?
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf: