Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

I didn't renew my season ticket and haven't been to a game this season. So glad I made that choice as I would be yet again regretting the pain of having to attend to watch poor performances. Are we all playing into GIs hands?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

There is now no doubt about it: these are the worst set of reports EVER.
IN my day (which came to an end three and a half years ago) there were two sorts of contributors: rose-tinters (sometimes called 'happy clappers') and darksiders.
It looks as though the rose-tinters have gone forever.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I haven't had a season ticket for years and went regularly a couple of seasons ago. I have now moved away to the USA on a temporary basis, missed last season and will miss the rest of this season. I cannot say that I am sad about that. The club is going in the total wrong direction and GI are only going to aid that.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Out of interest, what is the record for the clubs worst start to a season? I'm assuming we've beaten it now?
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

what we need is paul cox to get back and sort this mess out.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MellowYellow wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 01:16 It's taken me a little while to get over the shock to even make any comment. That was truly the worst display of football I have seen at Plainmoor for over30 years. The players of Solihull Moors should be ashamed of themselves. I personally feel sorry for their supporters for having to watch that dross week in, week out.

As for the opposition in yellow, well I cannot find the words - needless to say my days of visiting Plainmoor are numbered and I will not return now until those who are 'PAID' to wear the yellow shirt, wear it with pride and passion. Whilst I will always be 'Torquay Till I Die' I feel the time has come for me to protest, not by invading the pitch or waving banners but withdrawing the revenue (my matchday entry fee).

Our club is a total shambles and withdrawal of gate revenue to my mind is the only way GI are going to accept there is an 'Elephant in the Room'. Osbourne is holding a 'double-edged sword'. He needs a successful football club to justify the new stadium to the council and gain the freehold of Plainmoor. He is currently like a 'Thirsty man floating in open sea. All that water, and he cannot drink it'. Without club revenue his property development investment will be like a huge golden mill-stone, hung round his neck, dragging him down to the grave!

There will be those that disagree with my view, but I am certain that nearly all will be singing off the same hymn sheet that supporters cannot go on watching these display's of pitiful football, week in, week out. Of course, I will look out for the results and may even listen to the match on the radio until we are 2-0 down in the first 10 minutes, but as for attending - I'm finished! Better things to do with my money than watch non-entertainment whilst lining the pockets of GI.
I thought very much the same as you. It was a fantastic day weather-wise and I thought "I could be at home watching paint dry rather than put myself through this torture". I think I go back even further than Wivel, and I have only stopped going to Plainmoor once before - when Dave Webb was manager (you may have difficuly in believing it, but it was even worse then). But after sleeping on it, I have relented. I will give the new manager, whoever he is, a chance to sort out the shambles before I say 'enough is enough'.

Incidentally, I thought Jan Klukowski had a reasonable game yesterday so I was a bit surprised to see a few adverse comments on here. Admittedly, he wasn't tested by Solihull's powder-puff attack, but I thought when he played the ball out from defence, he tried to play it constructively as opposed to McGinty - good defender but distribution - i.e. hoof ball - awful.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

tomogull: my first match at Plainmoor was on April 13th 1963 (we beat Chester, I think it was 2-1) and Brian Handley was centre-forward. I take my hat off tho those who have been attending longer than I.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well, we're all doom and gloom aren't we!

Despite the fact that many posters seem to have seen their last match, there are many faithful fans who don't agree with them and for the crowd yesterday to have been what it was speaks volumes for the fact that there is still every reason to have belief.

For my part, my maternal grandfather, who played for Torquay United before the 1st World War, first took me in the mid '50s. I haven't wavered since then and I'll keep going until it's physically impossible for me to do so. I don't have blind faith and I'm as critical as any of the most vociferous of you but it's in my blood.

Amen
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

1954/55 Season when Eric Webber was Player Manager and played Centre Half No. 5. My first visit to Plainmoor. I was 11 years old.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

wivelgull wrote: 27 Aug 2017, 14:50 tomogull: my first match at Plainmoor was on April 13th 1963 (we beat Chester, I think it was 2-1) and Brian Handley was centre-forward. I take my hat off tho those who have been attending longer than I.

I hope they did not put bostik on your seat to keep you all that time. You must be like a good wine maturing. :lol:
1963 I played against Torquay at Ashton Gate I was 17 goalkeeper you beat us 1-4.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Was it worse in Webb's era.????..that was my first years in the blue Chelsea kit. It was awful but least had mark loram to watch which was a treat every game. He would be worth 10 to 15 points a season now I'm sure.
Even a chris Myers would be handy now...l
Kenny Allen?? .....not so sure about dean Mooney though or