Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Cant believe some of you think there are some decent footballers here, unbelievable.

Ball control is appalling.
Passing ability mediocre and that's because they mostly choose the easy option, because that is probably the only option for most of these footballers.
Not much pace.
Heading ability, very poor for this level.
Communication poor.
Fitness level not better than part-timers.
Vison mediocre, I say mediocre because there were one or 2 cross filed passes but not many
TUST MEMBER
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

We have a uncertain future in our beloved home , a board that frankly only gives a sh1t about land. No manager and a squad which has no direction and clueless once the whistle is blown.
This is a shambles
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

All is not lost.

At least we have a so called BREXIT , so hopefully your wages do not become too suppressed in Torquay , Devon.

Alot of people want to see Torquay thrive - you have alot going for you - the Mild climate , Meditereanean feel about the place.

Your newish bypass is BRILLIANT !!!...

The likes of York City and Stockport have gone the same way, big clubs on a " downward " spiral.

Things CAN change for you.

Sutton United are current Conference National League Leaders !!.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

just a thought.In an ideal world how many of the current squad would the new manager really want to keep?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

My answer to Neal's post. Ball control partly technique, partly down the quality of passing, down to coaching. Heading ability down to coaching , communication down to coaching, lack of fitness down to coaching.

Basic defensive shape, coaching, movement off the ball coaching, confidence, or the lack of it, coaching. if Clarke's injury is going to keep him for a while, the addition of a fit for purpose keeper, management , left back, as per goalkeeper.

The addition of a for purpose manager and coach, and most of those issues will be improved on and or fixed, likewise the addition of a couple of players, and this team will win more games than it loses, can be fixed by the addition of a fit for purpose manager, that's why I hold the opinion that I do..
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Sorry Bert. That's not going to be an option so let's play the game as per real rules.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

goody2449 wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 18:15
Torquay are the most unfit team in the league. They might all be able to bench press 100kg with ease but after 20 mins of running they were all in bits and didn't look like they could close a man down. Whoever the fitness guy is needs to leave alongside KN, these players need a few runs over Dartmoor to build up some stamina, its embarrassing.
I've been told he's gone anyway ~ bloody fake!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Fred Perry wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 18:25Too much money in Premiership doesn't help , for a few so called elite Clubs.
What the feck has rugby got to do with it.....do you mean the Premier League?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:09 Ball control partly technique, partly down the quality of passing, down to coaching. Heading ability down to coaching , communication down to coaching, lack of fitness down to coaching. Basic defensive shape, coaching, movement off the ball coaching, confidence, or the lack of it, coaching. if Clarke's injury is going to keep him for a while, the addition of a fit for purpose keeper, management , left back, as per goalkeeper.
Agree with every word; Herrera not only looks like Mickey Mouse he runs the show like him too!

Get rid if him tonight and go to Woking without the last vestige of the clown Nicholson's managerial circus
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:45 Agree with every word; Herrera not only looks like Mickey Mouse he runs the show like him too!

Get rid if him tonight and go to Woking without the last vestige of the clown Nicholson's managerial circus
Wonder how all those KN lovers feel tonight, he got us in this mess on the pitch, naff signings, naff style, naff all round
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:09 My answer to Neal's post. Ball control partly technique, partly down the quality of passing, down to coaching. Heading ability down to coaching , communication down to coaching, lack of fitness down to coaching.

Basic defensive shape, coaching, movement off the ball coaching, confidence, or the lack of it, coaching. if Clarke's injury is going to keep him for a while, the addition of a fit for purpose keeper, management , left back, as per goalkeeper.

The addition of a for purpose manager and coach, and most of those issues will be improved on and or fixed, likewise the addition of a couple of players, and this team will win more games than it loses, can be fixed by the addition of a fit for purpose manager, that's why I hold the opinion that I do..
Sorry I disagree because if its all down to coaching then I suggest we hire a great coach, who can then walk around the ground and select at random a squad and just coach them.

These are professional footballers for Christ sake, they should take some responsibility to be able to control a football, pass a football, head a football, tackle and keep fit. If we are signing players who need to be coached to do all that God help us!
TUST MEMBER
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The team has gone backwards since the start of the season. Lavercombe needs to sharpen up he was far too casual I think he's a good keeper but today he needed a kick up the backside. Chaney a much improved performance,Anderson cannot play left back and is not fit. The manager has got to teach Young how to lose a marker he should have taken his marker out wide or where he does not want to go and told Gosling to get inside and the marker would have felt uncomfortable and may have got fed up.Gosling needs to be in a central forward midfield position and has to put more effort in going back. Reid what can you say a lot of pace no end product(passing)He should not be played in front of a novice (Chaney) fullback who today played very well.

The body language was not good from a few of the players and Gray was unlucky not to start. Harrop needs to have a players meeting before Monday over a pint to try and get a bit of spirit back.

A new face needs to take control before Monday if a manager has not been sorted as we are not even doing the basics right.

The team was not set up properly and yes we are a few players short before we get a result. :'(
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree get rid of Herrera, hope that is correct about the fitness coach going, this team may do well in the gym
but they are not football fit, I have seen slugs react faster, they have to react because the anticipation is
non existent. The new manager cannot come quick enough, and I dont want to hear any more claptrap from
Nicholson. Young is half the player he was in his first season, surrounded by inferior players and dragged
down to their level. You know why Lavercombe has been playing for Rhyl now
Will this nightmare ever end ?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Today I saw one of the most inept performances I have ever seen from a Torquay side. How can it be possible to let a poor player like Shepherd Murumbedzi look good? I was ashamed when I left Plainmoor today, I want my money back. Can't pass, can't win headers, can't tackle, can't go past a man. can't shoot, all in all a fricking shambles. Shame on ail the team and those who purport to manage them, the comical performance of Lavercombe rounded up an utterly crap afternoon.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Neal wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 19:50 Sorry I disagree because if its all down to coaching then I suggest we hire a great coach, who can then walk around the ground and select at random a squad and just coach them.

These are professional footballers for Christ sake, they should take some responsibility to be able to control a football, pass a football, head a football, tackle and keep fit. If we are signing players who need to be coached to do all that God help us!
Neal you are totally right we need a man manager plus a couple of good professional players. If they cannot pass a ball or head a ball they would not have got through the front door of a professional club they need to be organised and happy which will help them gain confidence which is slipping away fast. :keepie: