Torquay United vs Solihull Moors predictions Sat 26th Aug

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

HT 0 - 0
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

HT 0:0

Initial 1st half thoughts

- Still playing hoofball (why?)
- Still lacking in the final third
- No cutting edge
- Final ball has been poor/ non existent
- Defence has looked more solid than the BW game
- Gowling has been more vocal in the dugout than Herrera
- It also looks like Veysey's back
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

one down,, NO........
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Ha ha ha.

You can't make this up. Their keeper has just scored.

0:2
Steve

Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

1:2 Pittman
Steve

Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

At least Paul Cox comes to TUFC with a reputation for turning round underperfoming teams. It looks like he will need to do it again if The Gulls are to beat the drop this season.

Ray
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

1-2, at home, to part-time small fry Solihull.

Is this really where we are at right now?! Might as well just let that prick have the freehold of the ground now and just fold the club.

I really am that angry.
Last edited by tufc si on 26 Aug 2017, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

just come out of oakwell after watching Barnsley spank sunderland without Gus, to have the p155 taken out of me re 1-2.... :@ :@
and the goalies scored..... :@
FFS whats going on??? :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by smw1989 »

Embarrassing
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

It was a f***ing disgrace 1-2 Solihull looked shit but we were even worse first half not too bad passing play but didn't have that clinical touch kulowski wasn't great to be honest Chaney looked good really good cross for Reid to fluff up a chance then the second half began what did Robbie say to them it was awful keetings ran hard and tried his best same with young unlike pitman he is a disgrace apart from the goal he was lazy he didn't watch the ball he can't header for sh*t I really do not rate him mcginty looked ok not brilliant but he just hoofs it but then the match changing moment myles Anderson gets brought on he looked awful he couldn't pass he couldn't defend he was out of position most time he was shocking gosling was a bit meh some good moments but he just needs to just put his foot through it I was quite happy with grey he looked quite good when he came on but he just didn't ha e that finishing touch and Damon came off injured which was a shame as I thought he looked really good and quite composed on the ball reid was okay but he missed his chance fallon was well ... fallon he did actually touch the ball but then he got floored twice and just looked slow over all it showed that we need an experienced manager asap as Robbie wasn't doing much gowling looked more like a manager out of the 2 we really needed someone who knows what to do
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Do these Tossers who "run" the club have any idea what they are doing. Firstly it was Nicholson and his "lottery winning team". Now its Tim "Nice but Dim Herrera" who seems impervious to the fact that Chaney is a liability at full back.

Speaking on the radio he stated that were several options for replacement goalkeepers so he chose the howler prone and inexperienced Lavercombe to play in front of a hopeless defence.

On the other site I predicted that Lavercombe would let in a fifty yard shot. Well I was wrong - looks like he let in a 90 yard one.

Really you couldn't make this shit up. Couldn't perhaps Harrop have intervened and made sure that we signed a proper keeper. Apparently not because he seems more **** clueless than anyone else - and he is supposed to be running the show.

Far from "sifting" through a list of fantastic candidates we will be struggling to get anyone other than Paul **** Compton at this rate.

Surely no sane person is going to want to manage this basket case.

You would almost think that Osborne has promised the players a big fat bonus if they get us relegated by October.

NO points against Bw, Gusiely, And Solihull. That is just a disgrace.

We might as well pack it in. There is no point in carrying on.

Woking on Monday. With a clown in goal. A liability at full back supplemented by nine other losers and a complete tit as a manager.

A complete and utter farce.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Apologies for the earlier optimistic prediction. Another awful performance....and finding new ways to lose. Scuffed corner led to their opener. Keeper scored from a drop kick from his area. Why Dan Lavercombe wasn't wearing a cap only he and the 'management' can answer. Going on the old Sunday Independent star ratings all fourteen players used get the one star for turning up (Pittman would have struggled to get this before scoring, to be fair it was a clinical finish). Very little service for Keating today. Young tries hard but sadly two serious knee injuries have taken their toll.
A team that could get into the top half? The only way this lot would get in the top half would be to go upstairs on a bus...and I wouldn't be too sure they could all find their way there.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Northampton gull wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:17 It was a f***ing disgrace 1-2 Solihull looked shit but we were even worse first half not too bad passing play but didn't have that clinical touch kulowski wasn't great to be honest Chaney looked good really good cross for Reid to fluff up a chance then the second half began what did Robbie say to them it was awful keetings ran hard and tried his best same with young unlike pitman he is a disgrace apart from the goal he was lazy he didn't watch the ball he can't header for sh*t I really do not rate him mcginty looked ok not brilliant but he just hoofs it but then the match changing moment myles Anderson gets brought on he looked awful he couldn't pass he couldn't defend he was out of position most time he was shocking gosling was a bit meh some good moments but he just needs to just put his foot through it I was quite happy with grey he looked quite good when he came on but he just didn't ha e that finishing touch and Damon came off injured which was a shame as I thought he looked really good and quite composed on the ball reid was okay but he missed his chance fallon was well ... fallon he did actually touch the ball but then he got floored twice and just looked slow over all it showed that we need an experienced manager asap as Robbie wasn't doing much gowling looked more like a manager out of the 2 we really needed someone who knows what to do

I know it was bad, but take a breath NG!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

brucie wrote: 26 Aug 2017, 17:28 Do these Tossers who "run" the club have any idea what they are doing. Firstly it was Nicholson and his "lottery winning team". Now its Tim "Nice but Dim Herrera" who seems impervious to the fact that Chaney is a liability at full back.

Speaking on the radio he stated that were several options for replacement goalkeepers so he chose the howler prone and inexperienced Lavercombe to play in front of a hopeless defence.

On the other site I predicted that Lavercombe would let in a fifty yard shot. Well I was wrong - looks like he let in a 90 yard one.

Really you couldn't make this shit up. Couldn't perhaps Harrop have intervened and made sure that we signed a proper keeper. Apparently not because he seems more **** clueless than anyone else - and he is supposed to be running the show.

Far from "sifting" through a list of fantastic candidates we will be struggling to get anyone other than Paul **** Compton at this rate.

Surely no sane person is going to want to manage this basket case.

You would almost think that Osborne has promised the players a big fat bonus if they get us relegated by October.

NO points against Bw, Gusiely, And Solihull. That is just a disgrace.

We might as well pack it in. There is no point in carrying on.

Woking on Monday. With a clown in goal. A liability at full back supplemented by nine other losers and a complete tit as a manager.

A complete and utter farce.
You criticised Chaney can I ask you were you there today if not I can hardly see how you can criticise a player who played today and in my opinion played very well yes he had his moments but for f**k sake he is a midfielder not a left back he is learning who else do suggest Anderson I don't think so he was awful he is slow and talentless Chaney out played him in that position by a country mile yes Sam may not be brilliant but he tried his hardest today and I don't think he should be criticised for his performance today if he doesn't perform in other games fair enough but not to day where he worked his balls of and played pretty well
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Why did I waste £19 and a nice sunny afternoon on that.

Whoever comes in they wont do nothing with that squad, nothing!!

The club is rotten to the core.

We have great fans and a great stadium, but nothing else, nothing!

I listened to KN on BBC before the match. This is what he said.

This is great bunch of lads
Great attitude.
Bad luck on injuries
Persuaded them to come to Torquay because there is potential here.
They have potential.

Well Kev that might all be true, but they aint National League standard footballers, that's the problem! In fact some are way short of this standard and should NOT BE PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS!

Solihull were dreadful, I mean dreadful, totally useless, couldn't pass, their shape was terrible, positioning terrible, left loads of space. Doesn't that just say it all. That Torquay front line is the worst Ive ever seen, worse than Dean Mooney, really worse thank that. Not one of them should be a professional footballer. Fallon is a total joke, should never be on the pitch, may as well go to South Devon College and get one of Todds kids to play there.
TUST MEMBER