Guiseley v Torquay United 19/08

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Chris_the_barrow_fan
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Andy Howarth

Post by Chris_the_barrow_fan »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:26 Nobody is going to ban you Sean, Ray will be advised that our main board is for TUFC related posts though and failure to comply will see his membership up for discussion though ;-)
His post was about Torquay!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Dunno about the rest of you, but surely Nico has to go now. This kind of defeat is just unacceptable.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Today shows just how difficult it is to be a Torquay supporter.As per usual I sat watching sky sports to see how we get on,as a golf fan and much to my wife's annoyance,I continued to watch the results show and when we went 2-1 up I thought maybe we could hang on,to go 2-2 with six minuets left the heart beat went up untill at last the full time said 2-2,thank goodness and turned over to watch the golf,ah I thought,I wonder if we are off the bottom of the league,looking on my tablet I discover that we have lost 3-2 with an own goal by a player that had been substituted five minutes earlier,I am confused!.
It could only happen to a Torquay United supporter
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular viewer and am left wondering who the hell this Ray guy is and what's he done?

Can we not talk about the game?!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

drummergull90 wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:17 I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular viewer and am left wondering who the hell this Ray guy is and what's he done?

Too painful I suspect. Being a Torquay fan has become a curse now, season after season of utter failure, GI hanging over our club like a bad smell, hopes dashed again and again and again. Just horrible. I feel guilty that I have passed this curse onto one of my children, I really wish I hadn't.
Last edited by gullintwoplaces on 19 Aug 2017, 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

drummergull90 wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:17 I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular viewer and am left wondering who the hell this Ray guy is and what's he done?

So, you come onto a thread moaning about the fact that people aren't talking about the game and instead are talking about Ray, and then do the same yourself.

Genius.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:24 So, you come onto a thread moaning about the fact that people aren't talking about the game and instead are talking about Ray, and then do the same yourself.

Genius.
:goodpost:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

It's time for the Chairman and Harrop to sort this mess out it's gone on to long. The team needs to defend from the front and learn in training how to play for each other. The players should know when to play narrow and the manager should remind them during the game, any chance of Herrera getting a result today was the same as Nicho's nil.

It's no good waiting there has got to be a better coach out there with contacts.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:06 F"ck off Raynman, c*nt
Now now west London yellow, don't be upsetting plainmoor78, by upsetting our ray. But yes your correct the guy is a complete knobhead.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arrywithanh wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 17:17 I think you would find we would have lost regardless, we played the same style, lacklustre, relying on players who are not good enough, unless I am mistaken...
Was you there today? Hmmm I guess not. It was daylight robbery,
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It sounds like we should have won 7- 3.
So many chances and then we blow it it the last few minutes. Football can be cruel as we all know.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Southampton Gull wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 18:26 No argument from me as I wasn't referring to that particular post. I used to frequent Exeweb and they allow fans of other clubs to post as long as it's on topic but anything else is strictly for their banter board. On here we have the other boards for his Barrow related discussion and on those he can more or less post as he sees fit. I like to think we're pretty accommodating on here even when things get heated, hopefully that explains things a little more clearly.
No argument from me either Dave. I have suggested on more than one occasion that Ray should be posting in the Banter Room with his off topic drivel. Today was one inflammatory comment too many which, just after the game had ended, was a pretty raw time for genuine contributors. That's my last word on Ray.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

arcadia wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:56 It's time for the Chairman and Harrop to sort this mess out it's gone on to long. The team needs to defend from the front and learn in training how to play for each other. The players should know when to play narrow and the manager should remind them during the game, any chance of Herrera getting a result today was the same as Nicho's nil.

It's no good waiting there has got to be a better coach out there with contacts.
To be fair, have they not acted?? Nico was only sacked a couple of days ago!!! We are only 5 games in - I'd rather wait and get the right man than have someone installed with a couple of days who is no better.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

You wait and the players confidence will go it must be bad now. It need an instant lift the sign of hope plus a couple of signings quickly as we could get routed at the bottom otherwise. I have been in this situation and I hope that Harrop has been sifting through the applicants but not putting his name to the top.
Nicho may have been sacked a couple of days ago but Harrop must have known a week before as you plan these things, if result don't go your way.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Chris_the_barrow_fan wrote: 19 Aug 2017, 19:04 I
His post was about Torquay!
While yours isn't so either read the thread through and see my response or stay off our main board.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com