Torquay United vs Boreham Wood predictions

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Torquay United vs Boreham Wood predictions

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Boreham Wood are a lot poorer away from home. I think Torquay will bounce back from the last 2 games with a well earned point. 1-1.

Ray
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

4 nil loss
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

0-1
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

0-2. Everyone will be expecting us to win but this is just the sort of fixture we will lose.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

We've got a dreadful record against Boreham wood at Plainmoor. Would be nice to reverse the trend, but I reckon we'll get done by a dirty 1-0 defeat here given how things are going
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I am going to be optimistic and call it 2-0 to Torquay. That said:-

This is the match which will tell me if we really have a strike force problem. If we cant get enough shots on target as shown in our last three matches then we will be in serious difficulty. I have seen enough to think we have the nucleus of a good side but really feel that we are missing a big target man to hold the ball up (and indeed score goals). Keating is raw, young, enthusiastic and willing but his inexperience shows and he's just not ready to lead the pack . I know there are people who will disagree, but in this league of big men and poor refereeing a big 'journeyman' forward is for me, a must. (Don't think Fallon is the answer).
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Boreham Woods 4-1 victory on Saturday was watched by a crowd of 319. That's about ONE TENTH of the attendance for our home game against Tranmere.

Yet they still have made a better start than us. They have drawn at Fylde. Lost 2-1 at home to Dagenham and hammered Solihull yesterday. Unlike us they havn't got hammered by anyone yet. Amongst their players is Bradley Ash (on loan from Barnsley) who scored a hatful of goals playing for Weston Super Mare and was loaned back to them last year.

He didn't feature on Saturday so I guess he must be injured but perhaps he is just the sort of player that Nicholson should have been looking at.

If we can't compete with this sort of team quite frankly we might as well give up, but they have a number of experienced players, and won't have Chaney at full back.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

We'll probably win and then all will be right with the world. The gullible will be convinced that the current set up are the answer, until we lose on Saturday.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Perhaps a draw. Thus:

TUFC (0) 0
Boreham Wood (0) 0

Att: 1556
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We'll be OK. Shut the moaners and groaners up.
OrpingtonGull2
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Clarke

Post by OrpingtonGull2 »

I reckon we will beat Boreham Wood 2-1.
They have scored 7 and let in 5 in just 3 games.
If its the case now that the top7 finishers have a chance of promotion with an extra playoff round, then we still have everything to play for, and as yet, there is certainly no crisis ( re sack Nicho )
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:24 Boreham Wood are a lot poorer away from home. I think Torquay will bounce back from the last 2 games with a well earned point. 1-1.

Ray
A well earned 1-1 draw against BW. Bring it on. All your predictions so far have been 1-1.
Lucy
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I think, no hope, 1-1.
Crowd 1400.
Don't read too much into attendance, its a mid week fixture and our better crowds are against former league sides.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

6-0
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

3-0 for sure