Torquay United vs Boreham Wood predictions

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 01:02 Really funny that Brucie actually. Klukowski (camel) :rofl:

In all my time reading football forums I've not once seen a player referred to as a camel.

Suits my humour. PMSL Brucie. :lol:
Nigel Pearson referred a reporter as an ostrich, just saying.
Lucy
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I could not post last night as I was still in shock. I have been going to Plainmoor since 1954 and I have never seen a more abject defensive performance in all that time.It was a total embarrassment from a full time professional football team.
Boreham Wood looked quicker ,braver,more organised and when Chaney made a terrible square pass they were on to it in a flash and scored.
Nicholson despite all his experience as a player simply does not know how to set up a team to play the right system. Luke Garrard the 32 year old Boreham Wood Manager knew exactly what he was doing continually reminding his players what to do.
We have some real passengers on last nights showing.Klukowski is anonymous and a huge disappointment.
Lathrope was poor and Anderson is just not good enough. No wonder he has played so few games for other clubs in his career. He should retire.
McGinty had a shocker and the game really showed up his limitations. I feel sorry for Chaney, playing out of position but if Liam Davis is out for much longer Nicholson is going to have to get in on loan a left back. Every team we play targets Chaney.
Clarke was again immense, he had to be, and Keating was rewarded with 2 well taken goals.Every game he has passion written all over his face.
Higgins played well as did Young and I thought Reid got in some very dangerous crosses when he came on.
I am very sorry Nicho but I think your days as Manager of TUFC are numbered on this dreadful showing. Completely unacceptable.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would agree completely with that assessment. Their players looked better than ours. However bad we were we did actually create a few chances and their defence looked poor as well.

It does look down to recruitment and unfortunately it looks like we have recruited badly. If you look at Boreham Wood they had Jeffers (previously at Newport and Yeovil) and 22 goals for Chelmsford last year. Paul Benson (still dangerous at 37 when he came on)

Also Bradly Ash who didn't get on the field (on loan from Barnsley) but a prolific scorer for Weston Super Mare over the past couple of seasons. So with Jeffers/Ash two players who have been based in the South of the country. I wonder if we ever look at this type of player.

Then there is the excellent Josh Rees who scored again for Bromley last night. There are good players out there but they never seem to end up here.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

I feel sorry for Chaney. I think he's a good footballer, he's stepping in to do a job for the team in a time when we don't have any left backs fit. He's doing a job. Opposing teams will always target him and inevitably he will make mistakes and these will be highlighted because of the constant pressure he's under.
The other players know this, KN knows his but what help\support does he get from Midfield? Kulowski and Lathrope might as well stayed at home last night for how much work they got through. Luke ~young was trying to be\do everything.
The pass for the first goal, yes was probably poor but it was only 2 yards from Lathrope and he just stood there and watched as a BW player ran onto it, he didn't even consider going to the ball or even blocking the player, basic football id expect my 7 yr old to do.
Last night we didn't have a midfield, that was the problem, and will remain to be the problem as long as Lathrope and kulowski are paired in the middle.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Well! Is this the worst series of reports ever? Some of the reports in the last three seasons have been dire, but not as vituperative and despairing as these. I, too, saw the 1-8 defeat by Scunthorpe - but wouldn't you have some of those players in our team now? I think it's relegation, gents. It's been barely put off for the last couple of seasons but it looks like time's up.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I agree with Wivelgull - I am actually glad I went last night it was a smashing night for football in fantastic settings. It is truly impossible to convey the scale of the ineptitude.

Playing Lathorpe and Klulowoski together is a disaster. If you strapped a plough to both of their backs and they were each steered by Nicholson and Herrera you would get the idea of how they played - two shire horses.

Haworth didn't get off the bench last night - a complete waste of a signing as we are well covered in his position. The MINIMUM urgent requirement is a left back fit for purpose, so signing a winger is just madness.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Like Portugull, I have just come around to posting , been too shocked and depressed til now
I think its al been said really. I was worried this was coming after seeing the Tiverton friendly, passed off the pitch
by them. We just dont seem to play the same the same type of football like other teams, as Forever said pass and
move and not just two players, our team is so pedestrian esp Lathrope and Klulowski, I have seen nothing in him yet
to impress me, you may as play him at centre back rather than two left footers there and right footer at left back
How we miss Gowling and is Davis another crock signing ? Is that why Cheltenham released him . First half was our
usual long ball up to Keating head, we did not have a shot in the half, unforgiveable. Nicholson spouts the same
old stuff after every loss, some people are not cut out to be managers in any walk of life. Enough is enough, I am
utterly sick of this, as Alsager said , when will this torment for Torquay fans end ?
And we are crying out for a partner for Keating, Gray and Pitman not the answer, get on the phone to Plymouth
I wasnt Blissetts greatest fan, but would have him back now, Christ, they made 9 changes from saturday and he
still couldnt get a start last night
Seriously I would rather have Martin Rogers or Sean Joyce as manager, nothing is changing under KN, we are
still playing the same way, with the same lack of movement and enegy
We surely havent got to wait until our 4th qualifying round exit in the FA Cup in October have we?
GullatPlainmoor
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by GullatPlainmoor »

I agree with desperado.
I will copy my posting from January 2017 - nothing has changed!!!
Kevin has done what he can above and beyond the call of duty because he is a great bloke and loves the club.Not many managers would do so much as he has.
However, it has been mentioned in quite a few posts about the teams main attacking tactic, .......which is to hoof it up the pitch. :'( This works so poorly for us and watching any decent team, successful attacks are mostly built up from the back PASSING through to midfield, PASSING out to wing backs who make for the line, crosses, to head or feet... then goals!!!! or from midfield, strikers running on to route 1 balls.
My concern is that Kevin, as our left back over the years, was forever hoofing the ball from defence. When under pressure it was his first/main option. Now he was great at throw ins and dead ball kicks and was also reasonable until of late (age slows us all down) at defending and I know loved playing for our club but I begin to feel what hope have we for passing/building attacks when it was the managers preferred option to hoof when moving out with the ball from defence.

Perhaps he does need some expert help on better tatics but I do not know if Harrop is the right man.

I will say again, I have the greatest respect for his commitment to the club and the amount of work and roles he puts in.
desperado mentions pre-season friendlies when the opposition where passing and moving instead of hoofball.

I watched a very lower league team play Cardiff City in pre-season friendly and 95% of the time the keeper rolled the ball out and it was pass and move.
It i s not in Nico's nature to pass and move I will restate his main tactic as left back was hoofball and in three seasons of management he is still using it as a priority tactic - abysmal!

I am sorry but you have to go Kev, even give him a life president role for his good work outside managing the team but please remove him as manager!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

desperado wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 16:27 Like Portugull, I have just come around to posting , been too shocked and depressed til now
I think its al been said really. I was worried this was coming after seeing the Tiverton friendly, passed off the pitch
by them. We just dont seem to play the same the same type of football like other teams, as Forever said pass and
move and not just two players, our team is so pedestrian esp Lathrope and Klulowski, I have seen nothing in him yet
to impress me, you may as play him at centre back rather than two left footers there and right footer at left back
How we miss Gowling and is Davis another crock signing ? Is that why Cheltenham released him . First half was our
usual long ball up to Keating head, we did not have a shot in the half, unforgiveable. Nicholson spouts the same
old stuff after every loss, some people are not cut out to be managers in any walk of life. Enough is enough, I am
utterly sick of this, as Alsager said , when will this torment for Torquay fans end ?
And we are crying out for a partner for Keating, Gray and Pitman not the answer, get on the phone to Plymouth
I wasnt Blissetts greatest fan, but would have him back now, Christ, they made 9 changes from saturday and he
still couldnt get a start last night
Seriously I would rather have Martin Rogers or Sean Joyce as manager, nothing is changing under KN, we are
still playing the same way, with the same lack of movement and enegy
We surely havent got to wait until our 4th qualifying round exit in the FA Cup in October have we?
Both are good managers and could easily do the job plus they have more local knowledge.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

portugull wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 08:58 I could not post last night as I was still in shock. I have been going to Plainmoor since 1954 and I have never seen a more abject defensive performance in all that time.It was a total embarrassment from a full time professional football team.
Boreham Wood looked quicker ,braver,more organised and when Chaney made a terrible square pass they were on to it in a flash and scored.
Nicholson despite all his experience as a player simply does not know how to set up a team to play the right system. Luke Garrard the 32 year old Boreham Wood Manager knew exactly what he was doing continually reminding his players what to do.
We have some real passengers on last nights showing.Klukowski is anonymous and a huge disappointment.
Lathrope was poor and Anderson is just not good enough. No wonder he has played so few games for other clubs in his career. He should retire.
McGinty had a shocker and the game really showed up his limitations. I feel sorry for Chaney, playing out of position but if Liam Davis is out for much longer Nicholson is going to have to get in on loan a left back. Every team we play targets Chaney.
Clarke was again immense, he had to be, and Keating was rewarded with 2 well taken goals.Every game he has passion written all over his face.
Higgins played well as did Young and I thought Reid got in some very dangerous crosses when he came on.
I am very sorry Nicho but I think your days as Manager of TUFC are numbered on this dreadful showing. Completely unacceptable.
Agree regarding Klueless Klukowski, that is probably why York gave up and played him as a sweeper last season. When I watch Klukowski and attempt to sum up his performances I just can't help but think of a chap called 'Ben Harding' - a player anonymous in most games.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

I have just watched the highlights (or lowlights as some TUFC fans might say) of Tuesday's game on my lap top. There looks to be no pace whatsoever in your squad, nor do TUFC seem to be a particular big or physical team. A long season beckons I predict.

Ray
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 23:38 I have just watched the highlights (or lowlights as some TUFC fans might say) of Tuesday's game on my lap top. There looks to be no pace whatsoever in your squad, nor do TUFC seem to be a particular big or physical team. [highlight=yellow]A long season beckons I predict.
[/highlight]
Ray
......and on that bombshell......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

What do you mean, Nicky? I have predicted TUFC to be a bottom third team since the eve of the season. It isn't much of a bombshell to me.

Ray
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 23:43 What do you mean, Nicky? I have predicted TUFC to be a bottom third team since the eve of the season. It isn't much of a bombshell to me.

Ray
congratulations.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Ray, I've put you forward for a guest slot on Monday Night Football with Gray and Jamie. TV gold. We haven't had an irritating pundit since Jimmy Hill so there is a gap in the market...crack on