Torquay United vs Boreham Wood predictions

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

wow that is insane! my cousin said the first half was abysmal by both sides, and then the defending was school boy stuff from mcginty. ten conceded in three games!! and bloody guaranteed defeat at bogey side guiseley coming up on saturday, i'll be there, but luckily i'll have been drinking from 10am so i probably won't notice!
still keeping the faith
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:41 were we pushing forward for 3-3 and got caught on the break?
Certainly sounds like it, commentators basically said so.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:42 wow that is insane! my cousin said the first half was abysmal by both sides, and then the defending was school boy stuff from mcginty. ten conceded in three games!! and bloody guaranteed defeat at bogey side guiseley coming up on saturday, i'll be there, but luckily i'll have been drinking from 10am so i probably won't notice!
yes, as usual, p155head. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Orange Gull wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 21:43 Certainly sounds like it, commentators basically said so.
cheers Orange Gull. would rather lose 4-2 like that than 3-2 and be p155ed off with them not trying to equalise!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

We lost 4-2 and they missed a penalty. This is a part time village Team for goodness sake, surely and I mean surely there can be no more excuses. 1 point from 4 games at home to 9 men. Someone said it earlier is this some kind of sick joke???
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cant wait for Brucie's report...... :rofl:

TUST Member 468

budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Can't believe that terrible result (well actually I can), just as well I didn't bother making the 150-mile round trip to see the match. Why the hell are we losing to clubs that can only muster 350 for a home game? Something has to change very soon or there will be no Great Escape no.3. Already it seems we are in for yet another desperately long, hard season.
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

We can not use the fact that we were chasing an equaliser at home to BW as any excuse for yet another rubbish performance and result. We are now bottom of the fifth tier the lowest position in our clubs history and we are still making excuses. Yes we will probably loose to Guisely Sat or if we do really really well get a draw against a club third from bottom but is that really good enough for this club????
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Lathorpe should never walk on to a football pitch again after that. Without doubt the worst individual performance I have seen in 30 years watching football. Not once did he win a header, tackle, 0% pass completion, at fault for the first BW goal, the game just passes him by, USELESS!!!!!!!!

Terrible game, Terrible tactics, all time low tonight
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

as someone who went tonight - you definitely CANNOT use the excuse of pushing for an equaliser!

We got caught by their front man time and time again and paid the price, could have been worse if not for Clarke!

too many square pegs in round holes tonight, why we didnt go 3-5-2 with Yan Mcginty and Anderson i dont know. We could have taken useless chaney off, and got gosling inside as hes too light weight out wide.

And to be hurting this early is insane, for my first game not to have signed for example a youngster onloan who could play fullback is madness.

Chaney is not a LB and will be exploited over and over again.

Time to go before brucie arrives
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I'm waiting for brucie too!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

goody2449 wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 22:17 Lathorpe should never walk on to a football pitch again after that. Without doubt the worst individual performance I have seen in 30 years watching football. Not once did he win a header, tackle, 0% pass completion, at fault for the first BW goal, the game just passes him by, USELESS!!!!!!!!

Terrible game, Terrible tactics, all time low tonight
....but apart from that.... :)

oh and are you being kind by hiding the true identity of your culprit?? (Lathrope) :rofl:

TUST Member 468

HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

6 goals, a penalty save......and yet it was of the worst games I've seen at Plainmoor. The first half had absolutely nothing to redeem it, can't recall a shot anger, bar the 20 second pinball salvo in our six yard box.
Dreadful breakdown in communication allowed Boreham Wood to go 1 up. Second came very quickly. Glory be, Ruari Keating headed one back across the keeper. Anderson gave away a penalty...Clark saved. Ruari equalised with 20 minutes to go, cue the grandstand finish. Twenty seconds later they are back in front, soft looping header. We huffed and puffed without looking like scoring and it was no surprise when BW broke in numbers to score again.
It would be unfair to single out any individual, there were a lot of Sunday Independent one stars on show tonight.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 22:18 [highlight=yellow]as someone who went tonight - you definitely CANNOT use the excuse of pushing for an equaliser![/highlight]

We got caught by their front man time and time again and paid the price, could have been worse if not for Clarke!

too many square pegs in round holes tonight, why we didnt go 3-5-2 with Yan Mcginty and Anderson i dont know. We could have taken useless chaney off, and got gosling inside as hes too light weight out wide.

And to be hurting this early is insane, for my first game not to have signed for example a youngster onloan who could play fullback is madness.

Chaney is not a LB and will be exploited over and over again.

Time to go before brucie arrives
alright Rob, calm down - I only arsked. :)

TUST Member 468

Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Clarke-8 Deserves to go to a better club kept us in it great save and looks like a excellent keeper. In the first half had a 4 save combo which shows how poor the defense were
Chaney-0.01 The worst player ever in a Torquay shirt overtime he got the ball he thought I will give it to the other team I cannot put into words how shit he was. And I know he is not a LB but in my eyes if you are a professional footballer you should be able to play anywhere outfield. I hope he leaves!!
Mcginty-4 Was poor from Mcginty normally gets stuck in but didn't do that tonight him an Anderson left gaps in defense and could not even with balls over the top
Anderson-4.5 I did not see much from him, he did not do anything good he just played and messed up with Mcginty, how can center backs not deal with through balls
Higgins-3 I liked the look of Higgins when he joined proper scouser and gets stuck in. he is 3 times as good going forward than he defending messed around with it too much, going forward he was not bad but disappointing from him. Had high hopes!!
Klukowski-4 Did not do anything going forward creativity level 0 defensively okay did not get stuck in enough he was lost for most of the game
Young-7 He played well only one in midfield putting in effort, had a tidy match and like Clarke too good for this team has no options but Higgins did help in that regards. Should have been more selfish and asked for the ball more as I think he is the only player in the team where I can see the chances coming from.
Lathrope-1 He is just a shit player, like Yan looked completely lost in midfield did not help youngy one bit and was pleased to see him get subbed also, think he was the reason for one of their goals. Get him out of here.
Gosling-3.5 Looked too scared to go near the ball when he had it he was quite good but like I said too afraid and he just got bullied but needed better from him.
JP-5 I cannot say anything bad about him as he did not do much put a few passes together and that was pretty much it would have liked to see more but KN had other plans not a bad or good performance form JP.
Keating-9 Best player on the pitch as always put max effort in and got his reward which I said would happen before the match. Showed Passion and looked determined for him to score our only attacking threat and like youngy and Clarke to good for the team.
CBA for the subs as Fallon did not want to move Reidy and Gray looked quite good but no service sadly

It is time for Nicho to go we will certainly go down otherwise, and I know he does not have all the funds in the world but it is a team of his choice of slow, injury prone and shot players that did not make it at a higher level but overall, GI is the real problem and as someone rightly said a few days ago the battle is not on the pitch it is off it. Let me know your opinion because I have never seen a TQ side play so badly!!