Torquay United vs Boreham Wood predictions

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 22:20 ....but apart from that.... :)

oh and are you being kind by hiding the true identity of your culprit?? (Lathrope) :rofl:
Apologies, the anger got to me!! Lathrope = WORSE THAN CRAP!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

goody2449 wrote: 15 Aug 2017, 22:27 Apologies, the anger got to me!! Lathrope = WORSE THAN CRAP!
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Oh go on HockeyGull, be unfair.

On reflection let's look at the positives:

We're off the mark at home with two goals,

From where we are now the only way is up (or is it?)
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

Thanks for taking the time to provide the report detailing rplayer ratings etc it is indeed the worst I have seen the club in almost 30 years I have followed them. Sad times both on and off the field, thank goodness we still have a core of very loyal fans.
HockeyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by HockeyGull »

Players deserving of more than the one star for turning up.....Clark in goal, Young in midfield (just), though he is from the Trappist monk school of captaincy and Keating.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Had a funny feeling tonight wasn't going to end well. Late getting away from work, not even my fault, late to the ground, arrive at the match day ticket office, on a match day as well, ask to buy a ticket using my bank card, to be told the card machine wasn't there, one says I'll go and get it, a few minutes later when he hadn't returned his mate went looking for him, I did get a ticket in end, worse luck.

For me it's always about being honest about each match, each performance, tonight there can be no valid excuse, no justification for this performance, absolute gobshite from our team tonight.

Back line caught by the same ball time and time again, conceding one on one's is amateur at best, but to concede 4 in the same match, of which 2 ended up in the back our net, one a penalty, at least our team successfully defended one of them.

Midfeild, did we even have one on the park tonight, totally dominated by Boreham, who just played simple basic football, you know the type, one player passes the ball to another, another player moves into space receives the pass, player making the pass moves into space to receive the ball back again, something our team barely managed all game.

Forward line to be fair, denied any real service, don't really what to think much more about this match to be honest, will end by picking 3 TUFC players worth a mention, Higgins, like this lad, something about him, Clarke, fantastic double save in the first half, followed up with one of the best penalty saves I've seen in a while, can't fault the spot kick, but my MOTM was Keating, not just for 2 well taken goals, but his attitude, this lad is a real winner in my book, even 2.4 down in injury time, still working his nuts trying to make something happen for the team, there wa sat least 6 players in yellow who could learn something from Keating tonight.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

I could not get there this evening due to a work appointment so I am not going to jump to conclusions until Brucie reports in. Whilst I fear the worst for the manager it may be that Brucie will be able to allay my fears for the future and put my mind at rest so that I can sleep peacefully and dream of Plainmoor past....regretably whatever GI do there does not seem to be a Plainmoor future!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We were beaten by the better team who had a manager who altered his team and controlled his players. We played into their hands as they had pace in midfield and upfront and once we sent on the extra striker we were vulnerable. All the crap that individual players are to blame is wrong. We should have had width first half but we took away our safety valve in Lathrope and were then even more vulnerable. When your keeper is man of the match every game there is something wrong.
We have got to stick with the team or we will destroy the club.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Truly awful result made slightly more palatable by three notable performances - Clarke (saved two one on ones and a pen), Young and Keating (won almost everything in the air, ran his socks off and scored two good goals). Higgins also played with spirit and application but the rest were cr*p.

If I was Clarke I would be very angry about the lack of defensive cover in front of me - it could have, and perhaps should have, been 6 or 7 goals for BW. The defence was shockingly bad.

What a waste of space are Lathrope and Klukowski. Chaney too but at least he had the excuse of being asked to play in a position he has no aptitude for. For God's sake get in a loan player at LB ASAP.

Looks like another relegation battle has started already.

BTW folks - Brucie was at the game tonight and will no doubt report back later. He did, however, say that he would not be returning before the end of the season because the team are utter dogsh*te!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I shall be interested to read how the Nicholson defenders (not the players) defend him after that. For many on here we've apparently got to endure another six or eight matches before action should be taken.
My guess is the club will be making a big decision pretty soon.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Well, that was terrible. From the off, Boreham Wood, looked quicker, sharper, smarter and likenthey knew what they were doing. With Torquay, it might be a 'newish' team but they play exactly as the previous incarnations under Nicholson: cumbersome, pedestrian, clueless.

When Torquay brought it back to level terms I was almost disappointed. I didn't want some plucky draw against a team that can barely muster 300 fans and their players have to go to work tomorrow. It would have merely papered over very deep cracks, that unfortunately, can only be remedied by a change in manager. Nicholson has had two years, 80+ games and we are no further forward than when he started and we find ourselves bottom of the league already with 1 point from 12.

And yet, still, there are the lemmings on the Pop who applaud that shit off the pitch.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

There are still the lemmings on the pop who still think that turning up with or without Nicholson at the help will make a f*cking blind bit of difference to the future of the football club hector.

So sack Nico. Then what? Get someone else in.

GI lurk in the background so even if you employ Mourinho. The downward trajectory of the club won't stop.

Rot needs to be stopped once and for all and not allowed to take over. Turning up and doing nothing will not stop the rot.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I don't disagree, Andy, that there are bigger issues. I don't really care anymore. On or off the pitch, who knows what the agenda for GI is. Is thus proving their point?

If, we pretend they genuinely want the best for TUFC, then on the pitch matters need urgently remedying. I don't think things can get much worse than what we witnessed this evening.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well I'm back. I am tired and seriously pissed off. I have actually been going to Plainmoor for 55 years and believe me I have seen it all, good, bad and indifferent.
Without doubt that was the WORST defensive performance I have seen in all that time. It was a shitstorm of biblical proportions. Did we have a back four? where were they?
Its easy to blame Chaney but Anderson and McFuckwit weren't far behind him. Seriously clueless stuff as our defence was ripped to shreads time and time again. Lucky not to have been 3-0 down at half time Nico sent them out early for the second half.
You could have got 4/1 about Jeffers scoring in the second half and 3/1 @ half time about BW winning the match at that stage. Almost free money if you could have got the bets on.
We started the second half well but the revival lasted all of four minutes as Chaney played a perfect cross field pass to their forward to run through from the half way line to convert.
Quite what the useless **** was doing god only knows - he wouldn't get in Fremingtons side in the North Devon League.
What followed after that actually beggars belief - without the keeper we would have lost 8-2. Boreham Wood were actually quite average. They will get tanked by the first decent side they play. Unfortunately though average was far to good for blindingly inept tossers and we deservedly got hammered.
As for Kevin the Gaffer - well he talks one hell of a game. "get the feelgood factor back", "wait for the reaction on Tuesday". I seriously think he wouldn't know a footballer if one bit him on the arse.
Lathrope (terrible) Kluwkowsi (camel) Anderson (embarrassing) Gosling (who) Pittman (gone in) Fallon (numpty) - need I go on?
Unbelievably there was still a band of lunatics in Bristows Bench who clapped Nico, Herrera and Co off at the end.
So that's it four games gone, bottom of the league and we've conceded 10 goals in the last three games. If you weren't there tonight it isn't really possible to imagine how bad we were.
I saw us get beat 8-1 by Scunthorpe once - we defended better in that game than we did tonight.
It was nothing short of ritual humiliation.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Really funny that Brucie actually. Klukowski (camel) :rofl:

In all my time reading football forums I've not once seen a player referred to as a camel.

Suits my humour. PMSL Brucie. :lol: