Gateshead vs Torquay United 12.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

NorfolkGull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 18:20 AHAHAHAHAHAHAH 'going nowhere' hahaha. Flipper for gaffer :lol: :lol: :lol:

What. An. Idiot!
Awww that's just the best comeback. Congratulations fella your obviously very clever. What would we do without you :clap:
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

sorry flipper but you must be joking , luke young is the one big plus in midfield, Richards was shit, lathrope is shit , luke should be playing in the football league, he is wasted in this shit league.
and like you its just my opinion and we are all entitled to that.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Flipper »

Zippy wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 19:07 sorry flipper but you must be joking , luke young is the one big plus in midfield, Richards was shit, lathrope is shit , luke should be playing in the football league, he is wasted in this shit league.
and like you its just my opinion and we are all entitled to that.
I appreciate other peoples opinion, it's what forums are for. That's just mine.

I don't see a queue of other clubs lining up to sign him and that also tells me something.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

I'm surprised that Exeter have never gone in for Young, he could do a job for them. The only reason we still have him is his desire to stay in Devon for family reasons and perhaps his injury record - but if he was open to a move I bet Eastleigh etc wouldn't think twice about taking a risk on him.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Flipper wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 19:05 Awww that's just the best comeback. Congratulations fella your obviously very clever. What would we do without you :clap:
hehehehe 'your' tehehe :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scrap my previous observation, I fancy seeing flipper in the boardroom. #flipper4owner. He 'Will Make Torquay Great Again'. First policy; no good central midfielders allowed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Burnhamgull - yes they only nine men for ten minutes, but had 10 for most of the second half. The point I am trying to make is that most of the apologists for Nicholson were wanking themselves silly because we had got a point against the mighty Tranmere who apparently had already won the league before the season had kicked off.

But they lost at home today - no great shakes, that's why they are in this league. On Tuesday it was the mighty Aldershot . Today it was Gateshead who apparently "blow hot and cold" (as this is another excuse for getting hammered)

That's all it is - excuses all day long. Nicholson is a good manager really but there is always a reason why the opposition manage to beat us. It is complete claptrap.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Flipper »

NorfolkGull wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 19:29 hehehehe 'your' tehehe :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scrap my previous observation, I fancy seeing flipper in the boardroom. #flipper4owner. He 'Will Make Torquay Great Again'. First policy; no good central midfielders allowed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have to find a good central midfielder first eh !!

I'll leave the boardroom to you. You seem to know it all. :bow:

While you're at it you can pick the team as well given the obvious knowledge you have.
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by AlsagerGull »

It's difficult to write anything constructive at the moment, when will this torment end for Torquay fans? There is no way that anyone can paper over the fact that this is another really poor start to the season, and the whole approach of the club has to change including the manager. The excuses we use week in week out apply to every club yet we are one of the biggest clubs in the league (easily top six), it's like one of the top six Premier League now about to start the third season battling relegation for a third season running, it would never happen. I just hope that we don't allow this situation to continue into the season for much longer. There is absolutely no reason why we should not be at the very least competing in this league, which we aren't. If we were being honest with ourselves how many of us seriously thought that we would get a result today - at Gateshead (sorry not one of the best teams in the league with a gate the third of what we have got last two home games), it's a culture/mentality that has existed for a few years at Torquay and it has to change - soon. If only the players showed the same level of compassion, energy, desire and heart as the Torquay fans show then we would not be in this continual mess.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Sorry but after even three games, two of which I've watched, we are only going one way under this manager and that's not up.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Come on people let's get some perspective. Three truly difficult games carrying more than average injury burden. If we are in this position after 10 to 12 games I might understand the moaning. We all knew the first 3 fixtures were a pig. Let's be honest and not just crucify people.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

we were shit on Tuesday and today, we cant go on like this, the writing has been on the wall for too long, get someone with some experience .
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by AlsagerGull »

We are being Honest and realistic and it's not three games, it's three seasons and a poor pre-season. The mentality that "don't worry it's only three games...." is the reason we are in this mess!!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems to me that there are more posters wanting a change than others who think it's too soon. But just reflect on the last two seasons under Nicholson. Yes a good player but as a manager no way.
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by AlsagerGull »

We are being Honest and realistic and it's not three games, it's three seasons and a poor pre-season. The mentality that "don't worry it's only three games...." is the reason we CONTINUE to be in this mess!!! Yes we should do better in the next three games but that is not the point !
AlsagerGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by AlsagerGull »

Agreed Nicho lovely guy, great player and has huge commitment for club, but this is not working. Escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth over the last two seasons should not be seen as a success, and the start of this season, although yes three games has seen three terrible performances and three terrible results.