Torquay United vs Tranmere Rovers 5.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Torquay United vs Tranmere Rovers 5.8.17

Post by Ray Johnstone »

TUFC 1-1 TRFC

Rory Fallon breaking the deadlock on the hour mark, before a late Andy Cook shot sents the travelling 400 from Birkenhead into rapture.

Ray
Tranmere1969
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Na

Post by Tranmere1969 »

Tranmere ease to a 0-4 triumph.Norwood (3) and Alabi scoring. TUFC site goes into meltdown with fears of another relegation battle!!!!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont think it will be 4-0 but think you will take all the points. Funnily enough Tranmere 1969 we played you in
August 1969 at Plainmoor and beat you 5-1. Dont worry that wont happen again and there wont be a 9000 gate
either as then !
Rodney JackJackJack
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Kevin Dearden

Post by Rodney JackJackJack »

And early goal for the visitors followed by a 44th min equaliser for the gulls courtesy of Damon 'the rocket' lathrope worldy that rattles them to the core. Two more stunners for the gulls in the second half take the three points and plainmoor is duly renamed the Custard Bowl after Ambrosia is announced as the new stadium sponsor. COYY and up the mighty might gulls!
Tranmere1969
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Na

Post by Tranmere1969 »

AMBROSIA !!!! More likely to be the Jif lemon stadium after our comfortable win leaves you with a sour taste in your mouth !!
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

2-2 Torquay, 2 early goals for TUFC followed by the usual 2nd half collapse with us holding on for a point at the end. (id take a point now though if I could!!)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 07:18 TUFC 1-1 TRFC

Rory Fallon breaking the deadlock on the hour mark, before a late Andy Cook shot sents the travelling 400 from Birkenhead into rapture.

Ray
Reached new heights with you're page Raymond ( I am confused if it's a blog, thread, e-mail, message when you post).
Before anyone sees any offence from my part. I find it highly insensitive and utter joke that a barrow fan is now doing a match thread for Torquay. Are you seriously a wind up merchant or lead a sad life. Pathetic. Tranmere is actually in prenton. :@ :'( :'( :@
Lucy
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 20:03 Reached new heights with you're page Raymond ( I am confused if it's a blog, thread, e-mail, message when you post).
Before anyone sees any offence from my part. I find it highly insensitive and utter joke that a barrow fan is now doing a match thread for Torquay. Are you seriously a wind up merchant or lead a sad life. Pathetic. Tranmere is actually in prenton. :@ :'( :'( :@
It may very well be BUT the fans are quite obviously from other areas of which some would be Birkenhead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranmere,_Merseyside

Get over the poster, I think it is rather interesting that someone else would like to post so often on an opposition forum... anyway, who cares...

Back to the thread topic...

Despite our emphatic display against a totally inept Truro team, 3-0 Tranmere :(:(:(:(:(:(:( might be more with Chaney at LB!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

2-1 Ronan and Rory with the goals for the good guys ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 20:03 Reached new heights with you're page Raymond ( I am confused if it's a blog, thread, e-mail, message when you post).
Well, no Torquay fan had bothered so why shouldn't he? He's a member of the forum after all.

The only pathetic thing I see is someone endlessly slagging off another forum member because they happen to support another team. Fair enough if it's off topic, perhaps, but this is all about Torquay and got some replies. I suggest you either chill out or grow up, whichever is most applicable.

As for my prediction, I don't see any point in being too pessimistic before a ball has been kicked in anger (even if I struggle to believe it!) so going for a nice 3-1 gulls win.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 01:08 2-1 Ronan and Rory with the goals for the good guys ;-)
Ronan?

If Ruari gets his uncle to play it should add a few to the attendance but I think he's even older than Fallon ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Takes a lot to make me laugh at this time of the morrning Jerry, but that did !
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Jul 2017, 20:03

Reached new heights with you're page Raymond ( I am confused if it's a blog, thread, e-mail, message when you post).
Come off it Lucy, a solihull fan has started a thread on here and your not whinging about that. The truth is you are reacting as a playground bully who senses an easy target to pick on with the other kids.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

TUFC (1) 1
Tranmere Rovers (1) 3

Att: 3013.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 09:21 Come off it Lucy, a solihull fan has started a thread on here and your not whinging about that. The truth is you are reacting as a playground bully who senses an easy target to pick on with the other kids.
A Solihull fan comes on and does a thread of the upcoming match with us. No problem with that. Personally I detest bullies. But if you want to read about barrow dribble on this forum, then bring it on Ray because obviously some do. Is it normal for someone supporting another team to keep continually posting on another teams forum, is that normal, I guess not.
Lucy