Torquay United vs Tranmere Rovers 5.8.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 17:45 Tranmere will win the league. Yes I see your point. But equally this was a match almost everyone expected us to lose regardless of circumstances. So I stand my ground it's a point we never expected from the fixture. Why all the negativity.
I don't understand in this day and age how anyone can say a comment such as 'Tranmere will win the league'?? You have watched them for 90 odd minutes and seen no other teams play...

Just seems a strange comment to make?!?!?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 12:23 Even after game 1 moronic brucie appears! its been a pleasant off season without him!
In defence of Brucie ..... he just loves winding people up, and he's very good at it. But when he puts his mind to it, some of his posts are pretty good and make sense. I'm sure Wivel will agree.
As for Lucyx2 - yes, that's a bold prediction after one match, but few doubt that Tranmere will be up there or thereabouts. We will have to wait until next April to see if the prediction is right or wrong.
Facebook allegations - thanks, Merse. Hopefully, the management will crack down hard on whatever stupidity has been going on with threats of fines if it continues. If as suggested this contributed to the 'bad blood' we saw in Saturday's match, we could now well be talking about a player out for the rest of the season.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont think saying Tranmere will win the league is that strange a comment, with their resources and support
its hard not to see them contesting the title, a tough, solid, literally in the case of Buxton and McNulty defence
and with Norwood, Alibi and Cook plenty of firepower. They must be firm favourites and I didnt see anything
to dispel that on saturday. No , we havent seen the other teams yet but they will have to have a hell of a squad
to push Tranmere. Having said that I would be quite happy if I was proved wrong
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, Mr. TUST, I do agree. Also, it was good to see GILBERT enjoying the game in the Family Stand, along with the members of the yoof squad.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 17:06 Yes, Mr. TUST, I do agree. Also, it was good to see GILBERT enjoying the game in the Family Stand, along with the members of the yoof squad.
I'm pretty sure you meant that you agree with ME, Wivel. Come on, keep up. Have you taken your medication today ?? When's the Seasiders first match? I bet they lose ........ ;-)
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

desperado wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 16:52 Dont think saying Tranmere will win the league is that strange a comment, with their resources and support
its hard not to see them contesting the title, a tough, solid, literally in the case of Buxton and McNulty defence
and with Norwood, Alibi and Cook plenty of firepower. They must be firm favourites and I didnt see anything
to dispel that on saturday. No , we havent seen the other teams yet but they will have to have a hell of a squad
to push Tranmere. Having said that I would be quite happy if I was proved wrong
Why? Just why? Why did Leicester win the league? Why did Tranmere NOT win the league last season (don't be a smart arse and say because Forest Green beat them)

Whilst I take on board that you have said you would be happy to be proved wrong, its game one of a new season, a laughable prediction... crazy!!! How on earth can you judge a single team on one game??

I will be at Aldershot and who knows, but I certainly will not judge either team on the result, at least give it 10 games before such predictions are made.

I am less interested in Tranmere winning the league than I am Torquay staying in it.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

arrywithanh wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 18:28 Why? Just why? Why did Leicester win the league? Why did Tranmere NOT win the league last season (don't be a smart arse and say because Forest Green beat them)

Whilst I take on board that you have said you would be happy to be proved wrong, its game one of a new season, a laughable prediction... crazy!!! How on earth can you judge a single team on one game??

I will be at Aldershot and who knows, but I certainly will not judge either team on the result, at least give it 10 games before such predictions are made.

I am less interested in Tranmere winning the league than I am Torquay staying in it.
How is it crazy to suggest Tranmere will win the league?! They only just missed out last season, and have added to and improved that squad. They are the bookies favourites by a clear margin. Pretty sure the prediction is based on that, and not the first game of the season. Yes, another team might beat them to it, but Tranmere should be thereabouts come the end of the season, and clearly the smart money is currently on them.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

arrywithanh wrote: 07 Aug 2017, 18:28 Why? Just why? Why did Leicester win the league? Why did Tranmere NOT win the league last season (don't be a smart arse and say because Forest Green beat them)

When you were grunting away under a different handle, you were always very fond of telling us that everyone is entitled to express their opinion. Lucyx2's opinion is that Tranmere will win the league and no doubt 5000 Tranmere fans agree, even at this early stage of the season. I'm sure the prediction isn't based on one game as you suggest. It's based on the strength of Tranmere's squad in depth. Now, whether this opinion is proved right, we shall have to wait until the end of the season. However, 'everyone has the right to an opinion' ..... remember ? Just as you have a right to say its a laughable prediction ...... crazy !!!! Time will tell.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I'll be a smart arse and say Tranmere didnt win the league because Lincoln beat them, not Forest Green
If I had said Solihull will win the league , I think that would have been a ' laughable ' prediction ....but not
Tranmere
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

Agreed, Desperado. I rate Tranmere as being in the top 8 teams in the league, whilst I think Solihull as being in the bottom 8 teams in the league.

Ray
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 05 Aug 2017, 20:23 Bit harsh brucie, I wasn't there like yourself. But I can only imagine Tranmere going down to 10 men, just means there players keep it tight and simple whilst still represent a threat with there superior squad. Going down to 9 with 5 minutes to go away just means park the bus, slow the play. Let's face it they will the league. So a 0-0 draw is beyond what I and most expected today. A point gained today, rather than 2 lost
Yep... they will win the league, losing 1-0 at home to Sutton UTD.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular

Post by arrywithanh »

lucy6lucy wrote: 06 Aug 2017, 17:45 Tranmere will win the league. Yes I see your point. But equally this was a match almost everyone expected us to lose regardless of circumstances. So I stand my ground it's a point we never expected from the fixture. Why all the negativity.
Yep, looking like they will win the league!