Torquay vs Bristol city

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Torquay vs Bristol city

Post by Rossi Martin »

Who's going to the first big tester of pre season on Wednesday
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

yep, me and my boy will be there, might go to Stoke Gabriel tomorrow too, been lost without the football!
smw1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by smw1989 »

I'll be there, taking the lucky Mrs...
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I shall be going but hope it's better than Tuesday. :aww:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 19:51 I shall be going but hope it's better than Tuesday. :aww:
Tuesday was a full team of trialists, hardly a match we can blame our first team on
Lucy
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

I shall be there
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 07 Jul 2017, 20:10 Tuesday was a full team of trialists, hardly a match we can blame our first team on
As with today; an opportunity to give a group of trialists the chance to be retained and included in the next phase of pre-season after today.

I expect no more than two to be given that chance to lay claim for inclusion in a squad that lacks a couple of specific players; namely someone who can play with strength up front and someone comfortable on the left. Scorer of two goals Mike Fondop on Tuesday night might well be the anwser to the second and play (when selected) in front of a thrusting Liam Davis from left wing back or fullback.

Whether the other has become apparent yet we will have to see.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

I will be going on Wednesday. This will be a very big test for our new look team.

Mike Fondop looks a potential signing. I liked the look of his play on the You Tube reel. Big lad and very mobile.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Of the players that played on Tuesday, James Gray was the more 'proven' of the strikers, having scored goals for Wrexham before a broken arm, some personal issues and a drink-driving conviction derailed his career. Fondop has never played at this level before, which does not mean he's not able to, but he's not proven by any measure.

It looks like we may be better off going down the loan route for the last few squad places - someone like McCoulsky or a similar youth record at a big side would be a safer gamble than the strange mixture of trialists we've had, especially as it appears like the better prospects have moved on already.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Still in the USA, but will be back in time for the first game of the season. Going to be a few players that I won't recognise.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Bristol City beat Bristol Manor Farm 0-11 today not bad for a start. Very friendly perhaps we should learn a few lessons.
Paignton green
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin stubbs

Post by Paignton green »

Should have pushed the boat out to keep williams yeah nico didn't like him and he's a lazy sod at training but I bet he scores loads for Bromley probably against us aswell grow up nico swallow ur pride u HAVNT got a clue
Rossi Martin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rossi Martin »

Paignton green wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 13:13 Should have pushed the boat out to keep williams yeah nico didn't like him and he's a lazy sod at training but I bet he scores loads for Bromley probably against us aswell grow up nico swallow ur pride u HAVNT got a clue
I agree he should of tried and kept willow their both professionals at the end of the day. However tad harsh to say he doesn't know what he is doing. I think he has recruited well this summer and looking forward to what happens this year for first time in a while
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

See the schools have broken up for the summer then :aww:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by arcadia »

Paignton green wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 13:13 Should have pushed the boat out to keep williams yeah nico didn't like him and he's a lazy sod at training but I bet he scores loads for Bromley probably against us aswell grow up nico swallow ur pride u HAVNT got a clue

Yes you don't win games unless you score I just hope Nicho has got someone lined up. Williams was class come the end of the season when Keating was playing with him.