Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm not sure that the incident with the crowd was dealt with that well by the stewards to be quite honest. A few of them seemed to be up for a fight from what I could see but when it happened they didn't really seem to know what to do. The young steward in front of us seemed keen on bollocking anyone who encroached into the imaginary gap that your supposed to keep between the barriers - but when the middle aged buffoon departed the pitch having instigated a mini riot the steward stood aside and let him walk back into the crowd.

Could have sworn it was a criminal offence to encroach the field of play during the game, this idiot should have been ejected straight away. Another steward, a scrawny looking chav (response team) wearing blue mirrored sunglasses ended up high fiving a number of the other stewards when the incident had been eventually calmed. He just looked a complete plonker to be honest - just embarrassing.

As for the assistant safety officer - well he was strutting around like he had a bad smell under his nose and had a look on his face like world war three was about to erupt all game, yet the blonde haired trouble maker (with the young girl) should also have been ejected immediately after the incident occurred, not allowed to march half way around the ground doing what he liked

The trouble was more than just high jinks - At one stage Luke Young was appealing to those involved to desist - just what was needed.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Interesting to view the main United Facebook group where one of the idiotic scrotes who were responsible for throwing the flare on the pitch, has posted an image of him walking around with a lit flare in Plainmoor, with his real name on his account. Torquay Community College and Westlands really know how to make them these days...
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by Chorleygull »

Great day yesterday - well done to the lads and Nicho. Sorry to add a sour note but this is for the bloke who gave me such a hard time when I was trying to access the seat the CLUB had allocated to me. A hard time as in the 'You lot come here for one game...' variety. Well, there;s not much you can tell me about supporting Torquay since my Dad started following them around 1927 when they came into the League and I started going to Plainmoor in 1955, I make that 62 years a supporter. I have lived in Lancashire for many years and follow United away wherever and whenever I can at places like Barrow, Guiseley, Southport, Wrexham etc , all involving a fair drive. Yesterday involved a near 600 mile round trip. Last year I was nearly killed in an accident doing a similar trip. Not great to be subjected to a loud-mouthed rant in front of my nephew attending his first ( now maybe his last) game. Do these people not want new or distant supporters to come ? Do they think the club would not WELCOME them ?
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

brucie wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 17:41 I'm not sure that the incident with the crowd was dealt with that well by the stewards to be quite honest. A few of them seemed to be up for a fight from what I could see but when it happened they didn't really seem to know what to do. The young steward in front of us seemed keen on bollocking anyone who encroached into the imaginary gap that your supposed to keep bertween the barriers - but when the middle aged buffoon departed the pitch having instigated a mini riot the steward stood aside and let him walk back into the crowd.

Could have sworn it was a criminal offence to encroach the field of play during the game, this idiot should have been ejected straight away. Another steward, a scrawny looking chav (response team) wearing blue mirrored sunglasses ended up high fiving a number of the other stewards when the incident had been eventually calmed. He just looked a complete plonker to be honest - just embarrassing.

As for the assistant safety officer - well he was strutting around like he had a bad smell under his nose and had a look on his face like world war three was about to erupt all game, yet the blonde haired trouble maker (with the young girl) should also have been ejected immediately after the incident occurred, not allowed to march half way around the ground doing what he liked

The trouble was more than just high jinks - At one stage Luke Young was appealing to those involved to desist - just what was needed.
I was near the incident and a young girl, who was there with her Dad, was in tears. She was terrified and couldn't understand why a moment that was supposed to be happy had turned nasty and angry. If any of the cretins involved read this you should be ashamed of the effect your actions had on her.

Her Dad quite rightly pointed out to her that we hadn't seen many of those involved all season so should not be considered proper fans.

The stewards were crap too though. Steward 20 slapping a fan in the face which provoked further reaction. The club should launch a full enquiry into the matter examining the actions of both "fans" and stewards.

A real shame this tarnished the occasion where otherwise the support was immense.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Chorleygull wrote: 30 Apr 2017, 20:51 Great day yesterday - well done to the lads and Nicho. Sorry to add a sour note but this is for the bloke who gave me such a hard time when I was trying to access the seat the CLUB had allocated to me. A hard time as in the 'You lot come here for one game...' variety. Well, there;s not much you can tell me about supporting Torquay since my Dad started following them around 1927 when they came into the League and I started going to Plainmoor in 1955, I make that 62 years a supporter. I have lived in Lancashire for many years and follow United away wherever and whenever I can at places like Barrow, Guiseley, Southport, Wrexham etc , all involving a fair drive. Yesterday involved a near 600 mile round trip. Last year I was nearly killed in an accident doing a similar trip. Not great to be subjected to a loud-mouthed rant in front of my nephew attending his first ( now maybe his last) game. Do these people not want new or distant supporters to come ? Do they think the club would not WELCOME them ?
Should have smashed him into next week Chorley.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

By the way I see Reece Thompson played up front for them (nippy lad). Obviously the Gulls defence kept him at bay which i'm pleased about. How did he do generally anyone?
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chorleygull »

It wasn't all bad. Since there were four of us, two other guys who were sat 'where we always sit' moved for us without a problem, with a friendly word. I ended up sitting next to an ex-Sheffield guy, a 'Blade' and a real gent. He was really up for it though and his body language showed how much Torquay now means to him. I was so glad 4,00 plus turned out to show how much the club means, even though they aren't all there every match !
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chorleygull »

It wasn't all bad. Since there were four of us, two other guys who were sat 'where we always sit' moved for us without a problem, with a friendly word. I ended up sitting next to an ex-Sheffield guy, a 'Blade' and a real gent. He was really up for it though and his body language showed how much Torquay now means to him. I was so glad 4,000 plus turned out to show how much the club means, even though they aren't all there every match !
Chorleygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chorleygull »

Thompson was subbed towards the end, which I was glad about as I understand he is their leading scorer. I thought their midfield player, Connor Oliver, stood out, a class act. Tired towards the end, understandably.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Has anyone by an change made a table of our home/away attendances with our average home attendance for this season?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Bleeper wrote: 01 May 2017, 09:34 Has anyone by an change made a table of our home/away attendances with our average home attendance for this season?
http://www.torquayfanstats.com/201617-game-by-game
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I make that a revised home average including last match = 1,888
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Putting us 13th in the non-league attendance rankings.

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/

Interesting to see that half of the sides in National North averaged over 1000 per game whereas only 2 sides in National South managed this (the top 2).