Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

A great win for the boys , I must of aged 10 years listening the commentary and following other scores as well.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

So we actually end up placing higher than last season.......

Great result today to keep ourselves clear of the shenanigans at the bottom. York must be sick with how it ended (plus hoping Orient go to the wall no doubt)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Great win for torquay....watched the York game on tv and they were poor.

Kind of feel sorry for York and any team that go down...

Will be interesting what will happen with orient
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

Really wanted York to stay up at the expense of cheats Guisley. Still hope for them, I guess but only if another league team with a great history ( Leton Orient ) are banished to obscurity
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

What a match; great atmosphere, a flare, a mini pitch invasion after our first goal and then a full pitch invasion after full time. After what must have been a crushing late defeat to Lincoln, to come back and win three crucial games on the bounce is an incredible achievement.

COYY!!!
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Well done lads, despite my criticism over the season they've come good right at the end and saved the club in the short term. Will be interesting to see how many of these players stay for the next season but that all comes down to Osborne actually setting a realistic budget which I highly doubt he will.

McGinty, Young, Williams, Moore, Keating, Sparkes should be retained in an ideal world.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Never in doubt for me, Nicho never stopped trying and it's eventually rubbed off on the players.

Fully deserved, credit in that game to Young/Lee especially as they were fantastic

But everyone in a yellow shirt was outstanding today!

Nicho to stay and fingers crossed a few from that group too
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Great result and credit must go to all the players and Kevin Nicolson,somehow after many terrible results throughout the season to win the last three matches something incredible must have happened.Some of these players must have turned the corner and should be retained for next season but of course the budget is the deciding factor.By the way a fantastic crowd today,best in the league (don't know the Aldershot crowd as I write ),but shows the love of Torquay is not dead.Shame it's going into the pocket of the undesirable.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Over 4000 there too, great crowd!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

In fairness this was a pretty one-sided affair - NF only had two attempts all game I think and the header against the post which anyway was offside. For us we were well into double figures for attempts (I stopped counting in the second half when it almost became one-way traffic). However, you just felt as the chances came and went that it would only take one lapse and that would have been it. Cue delirium when Verma scored and relief when Anderson got the second from an absolutely delightful floated cross by Young.

Young and Lee were outstanding today - Lee fully merited his MOTM award but eventually ran out of steam. All the team deserved credit though.

Crowd were brilliant and the atmosphere electric - this is what we all long for as supporters - full blooded entertainment. No need to mention the officials, hardly noticed them which is a sign they had a good game too.

Shame about the pitch invasion after the first goal - a hefty fine awaits for the Club - why can't the cretins behave? We will probably start next season with a further reduction in budget as a result. Talk about own-goals!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Well there we are then, thats that. Dont know what we were panicing about, I always knew we would be alright. :whistle:

Seriously though, not long after half time the nerves and anxiety started to kick in. Not going to analyse much just going to enjoy the win and the relief of safety. The support and atmosphere was pretty good apart from a few crazy fools who invaded the pitch after the first goal and the smoke bombs were let off. Tut, tut chaps you could have got us in trouble there.

Was impressed with Keating, lots of endevour and effort, geeting somethng out of nothing and unlucky a few times. Just the sort of player you need in the lower leagues and he could only improve. Give that lad a contract please.

Jordan Lee, man of the match.

Aman Verma, very neat and tidy, tried to play football.

Luke Young, good dead ball deliveries and looked well for passes.

Rowe Turner, from what I have read must have improved a lot as he looked pretty good at times.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

Just got in from our meal out and seen the result - FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased that Torquay have stayed up and it sounds like a well-deserved win - absolutely delighted !!!

Even we at FGR managed to draw at York, so think we did our bit to help you guys along, but you didn't really need our help at all. Fingers crossed that we can get past Dagenham over two legs this next week and make it to Wembley again, though I am not optimistic.

Have a great night down there and a huge well done to Kevin Nicholson, the whole team and all the supporters.
Scottygull1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by Scottygull1 »

So pleased for Kevin Nicholson and the players last three results excellent so from the north of Scotland many congratulations and hopefully harmony can breakout and get the financial backing to take the club forward. Once again congrats to Kevin and his staff for maintaining there league status and well done to all the loyal supporters associated with the club enjoy your night.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Ottery gull wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 14:38 Really wanted York to stay up at the expense of cheats Guisley. Still hope for them, I guess but only if another league team with a great history ( Leton Orient ) are banished to obscurity

Christ, somebody still going on about this. It was over 12 months ago. Anyway Guisley beat York 6-1 this season which does suggest guisley deservedly stayed up.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Today was very special. A few weeks ago, I thought we were down, so glad I was wrong. The atmosphere at Plainmoor was wonderful, I am so pleased for Nico and the players.