Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
aaronernst
New Signing
New Signing

Post by aaronernst »

Gullscorer wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 21:08 A film without a budget. What a novel idea..!! :~D

Good luck with it anyway. I'm sure there will be a few among us who'll be able to help with information, or to point the way. :)
Many thanks! There is definitely a budget, just not formalized. Everyone has been very helpful, much appreciated, and again, hoping for the best.

Aaron
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

93SeanPrice wrote: 26 Apr 2017, 18:01 Hi guys,
I'm new in this forum. I am from Poland. I'm into betting for a coulpe of years and sometimes I tried to predict some games from English lower leagues. As we have a last games on Saturday, I chose some games which I think I'm almost sure.
Your team has to win. I think that you are able to do it. I didn't notice any information about something that can make Torqay doesn't win this Saturday.

Thank you.

Have a nice day:)
Did not know Joey Barton was Polish ?
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Have we got any news on whether the away end is being given over to home fans for this one yet?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You would think this would have been done by now wouldn't you? - no doubt those in charge are to busy dreaming up crap like "scarf day" than to do something that would actually give us another positive advantage.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I agree it would be a good idea, although if they don't (which looks likely), then the Popside will be the busiest it's been in years and hopefully will recreate an atmosphere at least as good as Braintree.

I have got a group of 12 coming up (usually we're a 3 or 4!). COYY.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The best price you can get on a Torquay win is around 11/4 on with Marathon Bet. NF are around 10/1 to win the game with the draw around 5/1.

Quite amazingly Torquay are as short as 5/1 on to win the game with some firms (Billy Hills) so the bookies are confident we are going to do it!

Elsewhere York are a staggeringly low 13/10 to beat FGR with the visitors better than 2/1. The noises coming out of FGR don't seem at all positive with Cooper saying he isn't fussed about whether they have home advantage in the second leg of the play offs. There are also some suggestions that he may field an understrength team on Saturday.

Can't see Braintree getting a result at Aldershot but with Guiseley at home to Solihull it looks like we are going to have to win. I so have a sneaking feeling the York match may end up a draw perhaps.

The main danger to our chances would appear to be either an injury to Moore during the game or a red card. I hope Nico is drumming it in to his players that we cannot risk a pro foul or anything stupid. Keep our heads (and eleven men on the pitch) and I am confident we will do it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not opening the away end to home supporters would be absolute lunacy . There is a clear advantage to getting some support at both ends of the pitch - any away supporters can be housed in the away end of Bristows Bench.

Its so obvious I doubt that anyone has even thought of it.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I hope they do open it or that is going to be one helluva squeeze in the popside if the figures reputed to be attending actually materialise.

Was nervous enough before the Dover game and honestly expecting to be walking away from Crabhole with a very dark cloud hanging over me. And then they go and do this to us.... f**king Torquay United why can't we just have mid-table mediocrity... I'm getting on in years and the stress this f**king team cause me is becoming unbearable!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

rickl wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 12:37 Away end is open to home fans http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 94778.aspx
Brucie will be delighted!!! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Good news. I reckon we try and fill that end for the half when we're shooting that way, then move back to the pop..
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie..... Oi, Oi, Oi....

Ozzie, Ozzie, Ozzie..... Oi, Oi, Oi....

Sorry..... :Oops:
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I still think that the drum and singers around the steps by the pop side should stay put and orchestrate the atmosphere from there because I can see it now with half staying, half going to the away end and the atmosphere being nothing like the Braintree game or even better..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There is going to be a few more than the Braintree game that's for sure. Common sense to open the away end - and support behind both goals will definitely a positive.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I agree with the support behind both goals but the drum and core of the singers who start the atmosphere should be in one area, not split between two areas