Final Game - North Ferriby @ 12:15

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I'm actually a bit disappointed about this, of course it makes common sense, but it does normally break up the atmospehere a bit, and Braintree was as good as it's been in a while. Are the singers staying put or moving to the end?
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Every time I've seen it opened before, they've moved to the away end, hard not to imagine them doing so again.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

stay in the middle - much better!
93SeanPrice
Trialist
Trialist

Post by 93SeanPrice »

MellowYellow wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 09:00 Did not know Joey Barton was Polish ?
Haha, that's nice;-)

To be honest, I chose some games from English III-V level leagues for this Saturday which I think they are 90% sure they'll win but the odds are strange for me. You know, I'm talking about games like team A vs team B, where team A HAS TO win and team B plays for 3 points which won't give them anyting.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

This will be the only home game that I have missed all season, absolutely gutted. I pray that I will still have a team to support next season and at a decent level. I think we will win but I have to say that I am nervous about it. An early goal would settle everyone down and really help to get the rowd going!! My starting X1:
Moore
GG Anderson McGinty LRT
Lathrope
Lee Young Sparkes
Williams
Keating
Reid to start on the bench and used as an impact sub.
Lathrope just about gets the nod for me. What does everyone else think?

http://torquayfans.com/posting.php?mode ... f=3&t=9367#
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

93SeanPrice wrote: 27 Apr 2017, 20:33 Haha, that's nice;-)

To be honest, I chose some games from English III-V level leagues for this Saturday which I think they are 90% sure they'll win but the odds are strange for me. You know, I'm talking about games like team A vs team B, where team A HAS TO win and team B plays for 3 points which won't give them anyting.
Torquay to win and both teams to score might be worth a punt 17/10 with one of the big bookmakers.
TUST No 278
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

At best Sparkes will be on the bench.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Surely Sparkes is worth risking for this one, probably our player of the season. Apart from Young, he's the only one that can deliver a decent cross. He has to play even of only 90% fit.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

We're all slipping into reverie about the past so let's get this thread back to the top of the list. It's the only one that matters in the next few hours. I've already polished my special match day shoes in the hope that it will help.
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

We've been invited out to lunch by some friends tomorrow, but even so, the nerves will be kicking in for me, and even as an FGR fan, I have such a soft spot for TUFC that I will be very upset if they go down. Our match against York City is impossible to predict sadly - we have been so inconsistent, winning when I least expect us to and then having some absolute shockers, like losing at home to North Ferriby United and away to Southport.

Please don't take a win against North Ferriby for granted, although our home defeat against them was more because of us playing very badly than anything special that they did, and was only our second home defeat of the season (the other was against Lincoln, where we blew a 2-0 lead towards the end and conceded the winner late in stoppage time). We hammered them 3-0 when we played at North Ferriby. Against Southport, we simply didn't turn up at all, yet we had beaten Tranmere away just six days earlier. It is very difficult to predict which FGR will turn up tomorrow, though I feel deep down that we should at least get a draw. I think that Braintree will definitely not beat Aldershot and will go down, but the Guiseley match is hard to predict and I will keep my fingers crossed that Solihull Moors beat them.

I imagine I'll be thinking about the matches throughout lunch and it will all be over before I see the results, but I truly believe (and hope) that United will do it by beating North Ferriby and that we can help you out by winning at York.

Come on you Yellows !!!!!

Good luck guys.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

So the big day is here. Enjoying excellent breakfast at Torcroft Hotel. 1988 Sherpa Van Final scarf at the ready (wore it at Dover so it's got to come out today). Will take any win but would it be greedy to hope it's straightforward and not the usual Torquay way.
Come on you Yellows!!!!!!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

GAME DAY!! nerves are setting in already, but I can't wait for this!!!

COYYYYYYYYYY
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

On the train up from Plymouth, like everyone else full of nerves but I'm also filled with hope. I just hope that KN talks to Brett Williams and gets him to harness that desire and drive that he seems to have had since the disallowed goal against Braintree, cos he is a bona fide match-winner. COYY!!!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I'm just off to open up now so come along early.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Best of luck to United.