Dover Athletic v Torquay United 22/4/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

fantastic result. well done to all, please don't mess it up now.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Reminds me of Carlisle away all those years ago.

Fantastic result - well done the players.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

They think it's all Dover............ it's not yet!!!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Honestly think I could cry, CLARKE OSBOURNE... THE GULLS ARE STAYING UP!!!

Two fingers to you and the fat man!!!!

COYYYYYYY
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Massive three points, and more importantly it is in our own hands going into next week.

Let's also hope Dover can win midweek so Aldershot still have something to play for against Braintree on the final day.

COYY!!!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Magnificent win. That was very hard to listen to, I was 62 when the game started, 86 now. Very proud of the team, brilliant.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 20 Apr 2017, 11:07 A win or draw would be great, if that couples with a loss for either Braintree or York or Gueisley we would be out of the bottom 4

That would be fantastic for the NF game, as simple as you like - win and you stay up.
Well got what I wanted!

Huge win, and praying to finish the job to prove all those who had written us off!

And the fat man osbourne duo

Someone lock brucie away so he can't jinx plainmoor next Saturday
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

I wouldn't listen and only had a sneaky peek on here at half time for fear of jinxing the score. Fantastic result, massive well done to Kev and the team.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 17:06 Reminds me of Carlisle away all those years ago.

Fantastic result - well done the players.
My thoughts as well. When we let in the goal that day to go 2-1 up I had to turn the radio off until full time. Today was the same result, but I put myself through the painful final 25 minutes.

This was all we could ask for from today. It's now in our own hands - go out and win next week and we stay up, it's that simple. At home, to an already relegated team, it's a kind fixture on paper at least, but we have to see the job home...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

What a great result and my fingers are firmly crossed for TUFC next weekend. However, do be careful - we at FGR managed to lose 1-0 at home to North Ferriby United and also lost 2-0 away at Southport, so the teams at the bottom won't just roll over. Mind you, FGR give us all as many anxious moments as the Gulls do and for all the wrong reasons too !

There will be a massive smile on my face next week should Torquay stay up (and I think they will). Very best of luck to the Yellows !!! :)
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Same. 50 years and it gets no easier!Sat in garden for half an hour in bits.If we pull this off, it's a greater escape than last year given the GI crap . Well done Nicho and the boys . Enjoy this and kindly finish the job off 😀
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Up to 19th and looking good tonight.

Wish I could be there next week but just over 100.00 for flights means that there's no chance, so will have to bite my finger nails and listen in again.

Cracking win, and surely we've done enough now.

The gulls are staying up!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

Well that's pissed on the GI box of fireworks!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I wonder if we will have GI in the directors box next Saturday now.. surely got to be biggest crowd of season and all of us in full voice..

**** OFF GI, TORQUAY IS OURS
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Every single year Torquay manage to surpass the last year's miraculous escape (occasionally push at promotion). Does anyone's know how many seasons we have gone into final games with secure mid table? I suspect not many. I guess that's why we are all, as much as we may deny it, hooked.

Today was a huge battle number one won. Getting through next weekend will be battle number two (Colchester away springs to mind and no chickens being counted by me). The third biggest of all battle will be the following weeks as we all wait to find out more about what Osborne's next move is going to be. The sad fact is that if he and his cronies / others in his pocket are so minded to screw the club for personal gain then there's nothing we can do. One thing today's result reinforced though is that that will not be with the almightiest of all fights and hey, even at the point we give up all hope of having lost let's just remember the number of times the team have come back from the absolute dead on the field and not stop until the Council hand the keys to Osborne.

Gordon Oliver and co. do the right thing and help preserve this incredible club for another 100 years and don't simply see the short term pound signs and throw that all away. Just look at the footage from after the game today. Please.