Dover Athletic v Torquay United 22/4/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Would have gone but for a work commitment.Instead will listen to radio and avoid going into town as 5,000 Young Farmers invade the Bay for their Annual Convention/Piss-up.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

torregull wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 14:19 Would have gone but for a work commitment.Instead will listen to radio and avoid going into town as 5,000 Young Farmers invade the Bay for their Annual Convention/Piss-up.
To trash the pubs, surprised plainmoor has not been hired out, it would save costs on destruction costs
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm just about to sort out a train to Dover, not sure how far it is from the ground but hoping to make it tomorrow to see Nicholson and the lads stick two fingers up to Harrop and Osborne.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 09:08 Cheapest Gloucester (bus station) to Dover (bus station) £46 return same day (National Express).
. you might be able to afford £60 0dd quid but i can't Gullscorer. are you sure that a national express coach can get me there and then there is another one back after the match. I wasn't so sure they ran that often. but when you add the coach fare plus the admission and other costs into account its probably closer to the £70 mark. Assuming i need a taxi at Dover that could add another £10 to £12 plus if i get back really late I would need another £10. I can't walk that far on sticks
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Apr 2017, 22:55I'm just about to sort out a train to Dover, not sure how far it is from the ground but hoping to make it tomorrow
The nearest railway station is Kearsney which is around a 15 minute walk away from the ground. This station is served by trains from London Victoria and Dover Priory, although not all trains stop at this station, so check beforehand.

Dover Priory Railway Station is also served by trains from London St Pancras and Charing Cross. However, the station is over two miles away from the ground, so either take another train to Kearnsey or take a taxi up to the Crabble grounds....a fit young lad can do that Dave but be warned ~ like walking to Plainmoor from Torquay station; a lot of it is uphill ~ especially at the end!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thanks for that, I'm sure I can handle the physical bit, just passed my medical and fitness test for my close protection role at festivals and events ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Thankfully a solicitor and common friend of ours is giving me a lift so I've only got to get the train to Basingstoke now. COYY!!!
Dave

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 08:41 Thanks for that, I'm sure I can handle the physical bit, just passed my medical and fitness test for my close protection role at festivals and events ;-)
What's your BMI ? :)
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Segregation today. Quite a trek up hill to away end but glad we're all together under cover. Looks like there will be a good following.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Online commentary anywhere?
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

On radio kent at the.moment.
Scrub that they've gone to fecking Gillingham.
Last edited by DevonYellow on 22 Apr 2017, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

well lets hope the players respond to the support.
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Guiseley 1 down 😀
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Wraysburygull wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 15:08 Guiseley 1 down 😀
Chester too, even though they're probably just about safe.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

DevonYellow wrote: 22 Apr 2017, 14:52 Online commentary anywhere?
Yeah on Radio Devon, there's a radio commentary link for matchdays in the 'Useful Links' topic pinned to the top of All things Plainmoor.