Torquay v Braintree Easter Monday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay v Braintree Easter Monday

Post by lucy6lucy »

Despite recent improvements in team performances/results over the last month,we have been sucker punched by our relegation rivals also winning unexpectedly. Which now leaves our destiny out of our control. If defeat yesterday was hard to take, seeing Woking, York and Braintree all win was like a nightmare of all nightmares. But we have to fight until it's officially over. Victory against Braintree, and we are in the mix. But our home form is awful and equally our form against lower placed clubs is worst again. Braintree will not roll up on Monday and concede defeat. This is probably their last chance to pick up points this season. It's going to be a very nervous but hopefully open game. I feel Solihull will go down, so it's between us and Braintree. COYY
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sadly I can not make this game, that's life. Stating the obvious here I know, but nothing less than a win will do now, even a draw would most likely see the team down at Dover, will be shouting from a far. COYY.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Forget the whole season, 3 games left and we need 3 wins,

turn up and support the lads for 90 mins and pray results go our way

No point giving up till its over - A its football and B its Torquay United - it's never the easy way

COYY!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Will be there, need to encourage when things aren't going well not critisise, we need to be that 12th man... COYY
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 15 Apr 2017, 20:04 Forget the whole season, 3 games left and we need 3 wins,

turn up and support the lads for 90 mins and pray results go our way

No point giving up till its over - A its football and B its Torquay United - it's never the easy way

COYY!
C Torquay never follow protocol
Lucy
Wraysburygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Welsh

Post by Wraysburygull »

Biggest game in years. Easter plans changed, travelling down tomorrow.Everything crossed 😀
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

A win, yes, but will it be enough?

TUFC (2) 5
Braintree (1) 1

Att: 2891.
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

I think we will do it, 2-1 win I think. Play like we did at Lincoln and we will be fine, problem is we don't play like that against the bottom sides. I think we will win this though.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

A turgid draw devoid of any quality that once again makes me wonder what the players get up to at training. 0-0.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

We need a big and partisan crowd to make up an extra man because I fear that our 11 men just won't be enough. If everyone does turn out then I think we could scrape a win.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Anybody got a dog you can bring!!
dazmangull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by dazmangull »

Been a long time lurker so hi all!!

I think it's imperative we have a drummer at the remaining 2 home game's to help create an atmosphere. Those last few home games last season made a huge difference to the atmosphere!! I know some don't like it but what can not be argued is the difference it makes. So please some one get him there.
TUST number 074
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I have thought long and hard about going to this game but have decided against it. Try as I might I just can't see us winning this one.

The pressure is firmly on us tomorrow and as has been said it is just the sort of game we have been losing all season. The issue for me is the sort of acceptance that we will beat Braintree because we have performed well in the last two games.

When poor teams play well but lose games from a winning position it has been proved since time began that they probably will fail in a so called easier game that follows.

I just hope we can get the result tomorrow, I really do. We are back in with a shout if we can do it. Get a win tomorrow and we have a one game cup final at Dover.

Two wins in the next two games and we will stay up
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Our destiny was decided by GI at the end of the Loan window period, to survive would be against all the odds.

Both teams to go down, whatever the result.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well said Bleeper, and well done to those of you who are making the effort to come.