Lincoln v Torquay 14/04

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Lincoln away - Tickets

Post by standupsitdown »

I just called Lincoln.
They said they've sent tickets to Torquay although I can't see anything on the website.
They said there will also be a cash turnstile on the day.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I just called Torquay.
They don't know anything about tickets coming from Lincoln!
He's going to call me back.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Well seeing as Lincoln reckon that the tickets for the away fans are at Plainmoor; at 'close of play' tonight there is still nothing on the OS and still the online ticket purchasing facility for that game is not working.

What a bunch of incompetents!
teignmouth54
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by teignmouth54 »

On Good Friday evening the National League table could provide interesting reading.

At present, it would appear that 4 clubs are fighting to avoid the 2 remaining relegation places, assuming that North Ferriby and Southport are already doomed. However, this could easily rise to 2 out of 6 due to the fixture arrangements as follows:

Braintree v Guiseley
Lincoln v Torquay
Solihull Moors v York
Woking v Macclesfield

Predicting results at this time of the season can be a lottery but I would expect Braintree and York to win. If Woking beat Macclesfield, it would mean that only 1 point separates Guiseley, Solihull Moors, York, Woking and Braintree, with 3 games to play.

Now comes the tricky part as Torquay must win at Sincil Bank. If Woking win and my other 2 predictions are correct, the 4 teams immediately above Torquay would each have 48 points, with Guiseley on 49. Defeat for Torquay would result in a deficit of 4 points but a victory followed by a win at home to Braintree on Easter Monday would give them a realistic chance of staying up. Torquay’s goal difference is currently superior to each of the other 5 clubs and this could prove vital at the end of the season.

On current form this is clearly stretching optimism to the limit. However, a draw at Dover followed by victory in Torquay’s final match at home to North Ferriby would give them 52 points, which should be enough.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I posted the following message on the other forum earlier:

This is hardly the game we want next is it? Lets be fair Chester are no great shakes at all but having scraped a win in this and with a big crowd behind them its going to be an almighty ask to get anything there.

With Braintree at home to Guiseley and Woking at home to Macclesfield the situation could look a lot worse come Friday teatime. I think the best we could hope for would be to match Woking/Braintrees results (even defeats for both teams and us probably wouldn't be the worst results in the world)

Any swing in our favour on the day although unlikely would be amazing. A 3 point swing for the other teams and it would look like curtains for us really.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A defeat for us and wins for Woking/Braintree is probably going to need us finishing with 3 wins - however results don't normally go to plan. I still think that anything close to matching the formers results on Friday wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yes, i think matching their results is the best we can hope for, i think yorks form since parkin arriverd will probably see them safe, if we could get a draw at lincoln it would be excellent, altho we hardly have a good track record there and they will be wanting to keep that top spot grabbed back last night, could be a good time to play them, they've had so many games, and dont seem to be winning many by more than one goal, who knows we could sneak one like we did at aldershot, and then hopefully defend it?
personally i think we'll lose 1-0, i'll be there roaring my support
still keeping the faith
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Personally, I always regard the habitual '1-0 winners' as extremely good at game management. After all if you're leading 1-0 you don't need a second!

Unfortunately that was not Torquay United on Saturday ~ leading one-nil and the goalkeeper undoes all his good work by chucking one in from a free kick........I bet Lincoln's goalie won't be doing that.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair, he's kept us in the game with two very good but different examples of skillful goalkeeping before that, so I would hardly castigate him. If he didn't make the odd mistake he'd be playing a higher level.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

True; you get what you get at this level and you get what you get within the club's budget
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

I'm not so sure that Braintree will beat Guiseley - a defeat for Guiseley would see them back in trouble, as they then have tranmere (h) and Bromley (a).
as for York, well it depends which Solihull turns up - them getting rinsed 9-0, you think that it would cause a positive reaction.
and Macclesfield still have an outside chance of the play-offs and had a good result last night.
bottom line is its what TUFC can do......
Looking forward to (seeing everyone) Friday. COYY.

also, Gerring has returned from his loan and LRT is up for it......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39579870
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote: 12 Apr 2017, 15:02 Is Anderson available?
he sure is. :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

on the OS - we can purchase tickets from the Lincoln ticket office and there will be a cash turnstile.

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 71612.aspx

TUST Member 468

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

We're are deep in the shit, the pending results will decide the depth!

Braintree, Lincoln,York win
Woking draw
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: