Lincoln v Torquay 14/04

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

The slither of hope is, that by beating Braintree on Monday we can then go on to overhaul them and Solihull continue their collapse
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Get the cement mixers started and order the bricks. The only way we can survive is if we brick up the goal and the manager's door!
quantumleaper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by quantumleaper »

gateman49 wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 17:04 Come on folks,

I am as gutted as anybody but look, Guiseley and Solihull are still within reach and the goal difference is still ok
Clutching at very thin straws. We're down. :'(
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

some idiot on the Facebook calling for Nicho to go
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I have not been to a game all season and its easy to say that you are just not bothered anymore but its just not the case. It just still hurts like hell - listening to that, well it is just too much to take.

With results going against us, we just had to win and it looked for all the world that we had somehow pulled it off. The thing is that Lincoln didn't appear to be doing much either.

To go from that to complete despair in four minutes - I actually cannot believe that we have lost that game. I was actually going to go on Monday but cannot bear to witness us getting relegated.

I think its given Braintree a huge advantage for Monday - what an absolutely cruel end to the day that was. Still cannot believe we have lost that.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

When we took the lead I thought maybe, just maybe, we can hold out but when a team like Lincoln is top of the League playing in front of 9,000 fans and we are down the bottom , somehow you just know it will all go wrong.

We are on the canvas but we can still survive even if we lose at Dover.

50 points may still be good enough but as a minimum we must beat Braintree and North Ferriby.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

We were bloody good today. Especially the second half. Fully deserved our goal I thought. Then lathrope going off and gerring coming on messed it all up. Gerring didn't do anything wrong in particular but it ruined our rhythm. Was Lathrope injured??

That will have hurt the players a lot and I can't see us staying up now. They looked so dejected at the end of the game. We win that game and we'd have easily stayed up I think.

Few great performances; Keating, Lathrope and Moore to mention a few.
Kingston Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Kingston Gull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 17:12 some idiot on the Facebook calling for Nicho to go
Christ, you're an idiot if you think Nicho should have been appointed in the first place. He should have been sacked months ago. He was shit before GI took over and he's still shit now. So what if GI haven't given him the money to piss away like the old board did on players like Harrod, who can blame them! GI may screw us over but the rot set in well before they bought us. Still it's nice of have someone else to blame though isn't it.

It's just a shame we have to wait until the end of the season before he is put out of his misery.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Don't blame the players or manager today. We played very well after weathering Lincoln's initial onslaught and didn't deserve to lose. If we hadn't scored I don't think Lincoln would have done either but it spurred them to step up a gear.
Considering that Lincoln are going to win the league and have beaten Ipswich and Burnley this season, and had 8900 supporters to our 188, we did very well to match them for most of the game.
Obviously we have to beat Braintree and Ferriby but it's still possible that two wins might enable us to catch two of Braintree, Solihull and maybe Guisely. Woking and York seems less likely now as they are picking up points. Two wins and a point at Dover may we'll be enough.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Dose anybody think that if this group of players were kept together they could get us out of the national south,just that we seem to have been playing better these last few weeks?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

In 5 minutes the situation is completely turned around, a win and we would have still had a great chance,
now it looks highly unlikely, 7 points could well do it (but 3 of them must be monday) and 2 of the other 5
teams will not reach 52, but cant see us winning 2 out of 3 , Sparkes and Williams must play, we need more
goal threat, well done Ruari though , shame he wasnt given more game time as soon as he arrived instead
of being stuck on the bench for the first half dozen games
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

NO CHANCE! we are down, part time football next season, 700 crowds and even more shit football.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

F off gh
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Kingston Gull wrote: 14 Apr 2017, 17:38 Christ, you're an idiot if you think Nicho should have been appointed in the first place. He should have been sacked months ago. He was shit before GI took over and he's still shit now. So what if GI haven't given him the money to piss away like the old board did on players like Harrod, who can blame them! GI may screw us over but the rot set in well before they bought us. Still it's nice of have someone else to blame though isn't it.

It's just a shame we have to wait until the end of the season before he is put out of his misery.
:goodpost: