Aldershot v Torquay 8/4/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

TruroFan wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 20:00 You know, I follow the progress of TUFC because I want to see football in the south west prosper. That's why I hope Argyle get promoted and TUFC escape relegation. I will continue with that hope as I am guessing that your sneering, superior attitude towards the 'favelas' that we in the National South play in is not typical of all TUFC fans. Just a suggestion. When you're staring down the barrel of relegation, a but of humility might be in order.
Yes, you're right. A 'sneering, superior attitiude' is not typical of TUFC fans - not even those who post on this Forum. Only the one or two ..... :whistle: I'm completely with you - I'd also like to see football in the south-west prosper.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think most supporters would want football in the South west prosper especially TORQUAY UNITED it's Sunday God help us.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Sneering?

Grounds constructed of scaffolding and corrugated iron (Wealdstone & Whitehawk) Hemel Hempsead is OK behind the goals but with a shed on one side and a miniature 'grandstand' on the other and then Truro where (as I said) only temporary removable stands you'd more likely find at a gymkhana hardly constitute what our travelling fans have been moaning about in the last two months.

I know my grounds ~ particularly at the lower end of the market and can be found at a ground on at least two if not three occasions a week ~ from the good, the bad and the ugly.

I'm not a 'typical Torquay fan' and tomogull doesn't like me anyway Trurofan. I've no feelings whatsoever about Truro City or Treyew Road; went to watch your team at Saint Albans City ~ a decent but very old school ground ~ this season and thought they were dire and know that your chairman would far sooner own Torquay United than carry on being lumbered with Truro City.
TruroFan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TruroFan »

You don't have any opinions about Truro City? You just think our ground is a 'favela', our team is 'dire' and the chairman is 'lumbered' with us. Wow, I can't wait to hear you talk about something you DO have opinions about...Anyway, good to hear that you're not a 'typical' Torquay fan. I'm sure the rest of the Plainmoor faithful will be delighted to have that put on public record.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

TruroFan wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 21:59 Wow, I can't wait to hear you talk about something you DO have opinions about...
WHOOA ! Don't encourage him. We've had three months of his incessant 'opinions' !!! :@
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Well, well, well,

If I can join the debate, on BTPIR I commented adversely on the arrangements for away fans at Aldershot mainly for the reason that we were given the option of standing in a small pen or paying a premium to sit down when it would have been easier to allow the standing fans to go into the covered area behind the goal.

I, too, like good old fashioned grounds such as at Aldershot, and, at the other end of the country, Carlisle. However, the raising of the bar regarding safety has meant that over the years they have become a rarity. The trouble is that the facilities for away fans can be dire, St James Park, Exeter comes to mind albeit that even though our ground looks reasonably modern to the casual observer, the toilets aren't anything to be proud of either.

By the way, what is a typical fan? I certainly don't think that I am one either! Firstly, I've supported the club for over 60 years and not many fans have lasted that long before they got fed up. Secondly, although my wife accompanied me to Aldershot yesterday (we took a detour on the way home from a holiday break), she refused point blank to go to the game with me.
TruroFan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TruroFan »

tomogull wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 22:10 WHOOA ! Don't encourage him. We've had three months of his incessant 'opinions' !!! :@
Ooh, I can well imagine. Every club has one, don't they?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

gateman49 wrote: 09 Apr 2017, 22:19 although my wife accompanied me to Aldershot yesterday (we took a detour on the way home from a holiday break), she refused point blank to go to the game with me.
Well had she; she needn't have watched the football because she could have queued ninety minutes for the singular ladies Portaloo Andy! :rofl:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pus ... OP&fsscr=0
Last edited by merse btpir on 09 Apr 2017, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Spot the difference.......... :clap:

TruroFan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TruroFan »

You don't get out much, do you?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

You'd be surprised matey! ;-)
TruroFan
New Signing
New Signing

Post by TruroFan »

Well if TUFC do find themselves in our league next season, do let us know if you're going to make a state visit to our humble Cornish favela. We'll get the prawn sandwiches in for you and perhaps some nice comfy velvet cushions for your seat.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Truro, he wouldn't find the ground, he'd be going up Camborne Hill going down.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

highlights start at 9.32

[youtube]pU4AOqTPb3c[/youtube]

That miss from verma! :O
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Or shagging a sheep.