Aldershot v Torquay 8/4/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 08 Apr 2017, 16:45 Luke young had cramp
I heard he had cramp SNW ...but why Hancox before,say, Harrad?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Aldershots goalie stretched off....they are down to 10 and Scott Rendell has gone in goal
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

FT 1-1
Well done one and all
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Good result one more point than expected but other teams around us winning doesn't make things any easier for us.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Braintree are falling fast thats a bad loss for them today, and Solihull, lost 5 on the bounce including 9 -0 today!

Certainly isnt over yet!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

That win for Tranmere has done some pretty hefty damage to solihull's goal difference. Win the two home games, avoid heavy defeats on road and we might just pull it off.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Very good battling performance away from home and well worthy of our point and on the balance of play probably deserved more from the game.

Moore looked composed and assured but seemed to react very late to the free kick and it somehow went in. Decent enough strike but I think he should have saved it and his reaction seemed to back up that opinion.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Congratulations - that's a battling point in the circumstances. Anyone know whats wrong with Sparkes. It seemed like we played ok as well and restricted them to only a few chances.

We are looking worryingly thin though. Anderson back for next game. We could do with Sparkes as well. Really need to avoid any red cards/injuries at Lincoln.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Sparkes had a training ground injury in midweek apparently. Chaney took his place on the wing.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Good point in the circustances. Three subs plus Nicholson. GI can put on as many staged one way TV shows as they want. No other owners in the Football and the National leagues has stitched their club like that. No other owner would even dream of such antics. And we are meant to believe Nicholson has a top half of the league budget and they have introduced £500k into the club. Don't just say Mr Clark prove it. You said it- now take us through it line by line...
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well that result today surprised me and no doubt others. It may feel slightly depressing having conceded late on, but the bigger picture is that we matched aldershot, and wasn't a lucky draw. Just need to avoid injuries and red cards at Lincoln. It's a shame Braintree isn't good Friday and Lincoln Easter Monday, but hey ho. Boy, do Torquay put their fans through hell. Well done to the playing staff and management. The owners probably don't even know the result.
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

A gutsy and battling performance deserving of all three points.
With Chaney off with a hamstring strain we could be down to 14 players.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Interesting stat on Radio Devon this pm, via Dave Thomas but actually from Gary Waddock who had stated
that Torquay had only lost 3 games this season out of 17 against teams in the top ten. You have to ask why
this lack of motivation against the lower half teams has happened
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

Not wishing to divert attention from a great point today well done nico and the boys but a couple of posts earlier I feel I need to answer and state the facts... Dave Phillips did not receive a penny back from g I from any investment he made into the club neither did the Balsons or the kerswells they all did there cash plain and simple in fact dave Phillips would actually have been better off putting the club into administration as he then would have been classed as a creditor and would have had a chance to get a small percentage of his money back. Dave is a decent man who did the only thing that was possible to him sadly g I now own the club and as been pointed out on this thread we as fans have to like it or lump it. I don't deny I have serious misgivings about these people and the obvious lies that have been told but until there is another viable option there really is nothing anyone of us can do about it.. anyway onwards to Lincoln for the lads
stephen breed
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: fowler

Post by stephen breed »

Sorry put that last post on wrong thread and don't know how.to.move it