Torquay v Chester 01/04/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

I disagree.
We needed 3 points and looked the more likely team to score before and after the substitutions. Chester got lucky with a hopeful long shot that took a deflection while we missed the only really good chance of the game.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We will have to agree to disagree.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Looking back I think we should have tried to run at their defence more - especially that fat number 6 who was easily outpaced. High balls were never going to have a good success rate, especially once we were down to ten men.

And to add, I spoke to a Chester fan staying at our hotel this morning and he was most impressed with the noise and support from Torquay fans yesterday. The result is all the more frustrating given the effort and commitment both the players and fans put in.

We need the same superb support at Aldershot that we had last year - but hopefully make it a win this time.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Thanks for the replies Merse/Plainmoor78-re: Thea. I feel there's room for debate on this topic, but we would be running over old ground and the focus now must be the current enemy within - Clarke Osbourne. Or do you see him as friend rather than foe?