Solihull v Torquay 28-3-17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Is anybody driving up to the game who could pick me up from Clevedon?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Midlandgull wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 21:10I would be interested in knowing the best way to get to the ground. Solihull train station seems far away and Birmingham international looks closer but it seems to be a little deceiving as you have to walk a very long route to get there according to Google maps.
Refer to the BTPIR thread on the game and you'll soon see.

Be aware the last bus back to Solihull Station leaves Damson park at 21.28 so you'll need to book a cab; fookin' God forsaken location!!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

merse btpir wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 22:38 Refer to the BTPIR thread on the game and you'll soon see.

Be aware the last bus back to Solihull Station leaves Damson park at 21.28 so you'll need to book a cab; fookin' God forsaken location!!

Thanks for the info! What is the BTPIR thread? Sorry!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Midlandgull wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 22:41Thanks for the info! What is the BTPIR thread? Sorry!

http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

:scarf: :scarf: So We go to Rodhull moors on Tuesday night to see if we can get a point or three. will I be there. I hope so but reliant on a lift. anyone from Bristol or Gloucester if my guy can't go?
Nico has got his work cut out and we have to get behind the boys as they have been told what the score is. the board expect (no want) them to fail, For some deluded reason they think we can be made to pay if they cut costs and go part time in the southern national league. yeah right.have you seen what some of those part timers earn. its not real.
I don't know if we are going to make our feelings known up there but it would be a good idea of some sort to make a verbal chant to let our lot know
1. we are right behind them,
2. we want the Solihull fans to know whats going on
3 we want the board or any of our execs know we are not at all happy.
4 we wamt to make so much noise it can be heard by radio Devon and the other radio station assuming the Moors are covered by the midlands lot.
is that not too much to ask?
it aint much but its a start. if we can't push ourselves to do that, we have no chance of raising enough money or gaining any sympathy
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Football in England has to change in format.

It cannot be right that I see more Man U fans in Torquay than Torquay United ones.

Another thing , there is life outside of Westminster, on the political side of things.

Torquay is just as important as London !!!...

Enough said.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Could this thread please be combined with the earlier Solihull v Torquay thread?

Otherwise I shall get a little confused and dizzy.. :|

Who said that...?? =Z
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Fred Perry wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 12:28 Football in England has to change in format.

It cannot be right that I see more Man U fans in Torquay than Torquay United ones.

That's always been the way down here. When I first started watching Torquay back in the 1970s I used to go with friends from school, they primarily supported first division clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd being the most popular. We just went to Torquay united because it was the local professional club.
Whenever I have been in York it has never ceased to amaze the number of kids wearing Leeds united shirts.
I expect in Solihull there are lots of Aston villa and Birmingham city fans.
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

Actually, thankfully more Birmingham and Villa fans now turning to lower league football.

We can now relate to footballers in the bar , mix with opposing fans etc etc.

Most grounds higher up are now like up market theatres.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Well of course there's lots of Birmingham City and Villa fans in Solihull; Solihull's in Birmingham isn't it; that's got nothing to do with there being lots of Man U td and Chelsea fans in Torbay really has it.!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 13:43 Could this thread please be combined with the earlier Solihull v Torquay thread?

Otherwise I shall get a little confused and dizzy.. :|

Who said that...?? =Z
What other match day Thread. I posted this because i didn't see one. now Im confused.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Not sure if it can be regarded as a genuine matchday thread, but here it is, it's definitely Solihull v Torquay and, yes, it is confusing: http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9306 :-/
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

How many do we reckon will be there in yellow tonight and which stand do we go to? Just dug my retro 1998 scarf out of the loft.

COYY!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

only other game of note tonight is Macclesfield v York

Come on Macclesfield!!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If we can extend the points difference between ourselves and York it will have been a good night for us.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: