Solihull v Torquay 28-3-17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Green Rory
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Really pleased for you guys tonight! Love the Popside atmosphere when I visit Plainmoor! - Most Argyle fans wish you well, as did most of you us during our dark days. Hope to get to Plainmoor before the end of the season.
:)
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Not a broken leg according to Nicho
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Well done guys. Really pleased for Nico. Now lets get a couple of home wins.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Still on the mire but we do have a chance and 3 points is vital.

No thanks to osborne and the blob miester general
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The difference with the Northampton game was that the injury to Bodin affected the result as their player didn't get red carded and we lost .

Tonight we won so no comparison whatsoever.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

First half not even worth talking about.

Second half the boys came out with more purpose and hunger, they definitely wanted those points!!
Few half chances and a very good chance for Keating (actually looks very good and lightning quick) who probably should have done better.
The goal was a scrappy one which I don't give a flying fig about, it counts!! Ball bobbled about a bit, got half cleared, then knocked back in and super sub Harrad was on hand to head/nose it in, cue pandemonium!! The boys were over the moon and you could see what it meant to them by the way they celebrated!

Absolute scenes
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Interesting tweet tonight from close friend of Nico and fitness trainer Simon Jeffries, who has been on our bench on matchdays a few times this season.

This siege mentality certainly has an air of two fingers up to the dreadful owners about it. "Wonder what the next challenge GI has in mind for tufc in the "we're property developers get the football team out of here" reality tv series"

https://x.com/Superfreak_81/status/846832979448152064
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Massive 3 points tonight especially as York won 3-1 at Macclesfield.

I followed game on BBC Football on my Ipad and BBC showed 91st minute red card before showing 88th minute goal by Sparkes.

Chester lost again so vital we ALL get to Plainmoor on Saturday and make it the biggest gate of the season.

COYY
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Rjc70 wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 22:40 Interesting tweet tonight from close friend of Nico and fitness trainer Simon Jeffries, who has been on our bench on matchdays a few times this season.

This siege mentality certainly has an air of two fingers up to the dreadful owners about it. "Wonder what the next challenge GI has in mind for tufc in the "we're property developers get the football team out of here" reality tv series"

https://x.com/Superfreak_81/status/846832979448152064
:goodpost:
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Just got in from the game. What an absolutely fantastic win. All in all I think we deserved it. Great support from our fans too - I'm lucky I only had to travel a short distance but I was so proud to see so many gulls who made the journey.

This club has so much potential in the right hands, which it appears it is not at the moment.

Still, what a great result tonight!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Fatman ain't singing yet :-D
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

On entering the FREE car parking and club house you could immediately feel this was a big occasion from the yellow army. Exiles or Torquay based, what a credit to the club we are, we made up over 30% of the crowd . Solihull fans where so quiet it was embarrassing. Onto the match, the 1st half was extremely dull, compared to Wrexham, however if your a plane enthusiast you would have been in your elements, the second half we edged, but Solihull where always dangerous on the counter. Keating chased any long ball, Reid was more vibrant and just when you would settle for the point(which would have taken us out of the relegation places), sparksie sends the couple of hundred fans wild with a deft close range header. I would personally have brought harrad and Williams on before the 83rd minute. Sounds like sparkles injury is not a break, so that's a Hugh sigh of relief. Well, the great escape 2 is on. Looking at the table it pulls others into the shit now, Solihull will be looking at that very closely.
Lucy
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Last night was my 'localist' game and even though we were soaked, cold and bored in the first half unless a plane was taking off, the win was welcome and the spirit at the end of the game was great to see. Supporters did us proud and it was worth the £14. That would be ten games at that price to match my single Guns n Roses ticket. Good value!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 21:38dirty f**ker has crocked Sparkes!! :@ Off on a stretcher....
It was nothing of the sort ~ I was sitting right behind the Solihull technical area and thought initially the red card was harsh but on reflection the law does state that a reckless challenge should be punished this way. That's what it was reckless ~ a poorly executed challenge indeed ~ but neither malicious nor intentional.

The way that pitch was playing with the 'top' crumbling on top of a firm subsoil; the bounce of the ball was very erratic and with the late rain making it greasy too what happened was almost inevitable......one of those things I'm afraid.