Solihull v Torquay 28-3-17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Solihull Moors v Torquay POSTPONED

Post by lucy6lucy »

Who would have thought 6 years ago this fixture would be a league fixture, and Solihull favourites to win :@ . I still stand by my prediction that relegation was confirmed when losing away at guiesley. Anyway as for the match, how will our professional players respond? 2-0 Solihull.
Lucy
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm going tomorrow night but I predict more misery and another outpouring of dismay on the forum after 10pm.

Solihull 2
United 1
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Here we go again. Before I assess our chances a word about Saturdays game. If you were to lay 9/2 shots @ 6/4 (Sutton) 100 times you couldn't really fail to make money. Given that they were 1-0 down and 2-1 down with a defender in goal I guess the in running price on a Sutton victory at both those stages of the match would have been in excess of 20/1 and probably bigger.
What that indicates is just how much of an almighty **** up Torquay made of this and a gilt edge chance of three points went right down the toilet. Nothing short of a catastrophe - that's for sure.

Another away game, Another part time and another game we should really be looking to get something out of. We should be buoyed by the expected "reaction" that Nico is looking for. In reality I think we know what the likely outcome will be. Can Teflon Kev survive another defeat? Will our owners actually do anything? Does anyone care?

Anyway fair odds/actual betfair odds to follow:

Solihull Moors 2.8/2.22 (-32%)

Torquay 4/3.35 (-22%)

Draw 2.55/3.65 (+ 71%)

So theres big value on the side of the draw here. There are a couple of reasons for this. Solihull have only drawn 2/17 at home this season (11.76%) or just over 1 in 10. They have scored in 12/17 home games (70.58%) Given that Torquay fail to find the net in less than 1 in every 2 away games you can probably see why the draw price is so big.

The home team have won 6/17 (35%) so in fact lose at least 1 out of every two home games. Perhaps the most telling statistic is that all their home wins have come against teams in the bottom half of the table. They don't fare so well against the top sides.

I am going for 1 point on the draw and a .25 point away win saver, more in hope than expectation.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Despite being an optimist I cannot see anything other than a narrow and ugly loss from this game. SM 1- TQ 0.
We can't score away from home and this will continue.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

About an hour away and is very, very, very wet! I think it's going to be a very miserable evening for us, both on and off the pitch...
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

tufc si wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 18:04 About an hour away and is very, very, very wet! I think it's going to be a very miserable evening for us, both on and off the pitch...
Awful pitches can often be a leveller. Normally when talking about teams like Solihull that'd make me worry as we'd be dragged down to their level. On this occasion it actually makes me a bit more optimistic, might mask our awfulness a little :}
ToffeeGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ToffeeGull »

I'm going to the game tonight as I'm working in Birmingham. Does anyone know where to park?
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Game called off!! To be fair it probably is the right decision.
ToffeeGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ToffeeGull »

It is absolutely hammering down , though I feel for those that have travelled up
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

We lost to a team with no goalie but I'm pretty sure even we aren't shit enough to lose a game that's been called off.

I think.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

The weather was appalling so the right decision was made. Spent the evening in a Wetherspoons in Yardley so not a total loss!

Try again when it's rearranged
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Going with a few mates to watch Torquay on Tuesday night at Solihull which is the nearest ground to me that Torquay will play at.

What do we reckon lads? I don't watch Torquay very often sadly, my last game was Kiddy away back in 2015! Really shocked and saddened to read of all of of the terrible things that seem to be going on both on and off the pitch at the moment. I sincerely hope this isn't the last time I'm able to watch Torquay United but from what I've been reading the club is not in the interests of the owners, it is merely a tool to generate substantial profit from the sale of the ground without providing a new one :(
Fred Perry
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Goalkeeper

Post by Fred Perry »

We ( Solihull ) want revenge , from last October.

Torquay is a nice place , but relegation beckons.

We are a friendly club - probably no segregation.

3 bars on site.

Football in England needs to change - hopefully based on the Germany concept of Safe Terracing and supporters having more of a say on how a club is run / more reasonable admission costs.

Have a safe journey.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Fred we need the points more than you. You are probably one win from safety with 7 games left to play. Put it another way, you said you enjoyed your visit to plainmoor this season, well if you want to visit it next season give us the points.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Fred I would be interested in knowing the best way to get to the ground. Solihull train station seems far away and Birmingham international looks closer but it seems to be a little deceiving as you have to walk a very long route to get there according to Google maps. Seems as though driving is the way forward. Where would be the best place to park? Are there free areas to park?

As Plainmoor78 says we need the points more than you but really pleased to see Solihull rise to the conference as someone who lives in the Midlands now. So hoping Solihull do well but just not on Tuesday please!