Solihull v Torquay 28-3-17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 18:39 It was nothing of the sort ~ I was sitting right behind the Solihull technical area and thought initially the red card was harsh but on reflection the law does state that a reckless challenge should be punished this way. That's what it was reckless ~ a poorly executed challenge indeed ~ but neither malicious nor intentional.

The way that pitch was playing with the 'top' crumbling on top of a firm subsoil; the bounce of the ball was very erratic and with the late rain making it greasy too what happened was almost inevitable......one of those things I'm afraid.
I appreciate that merse....
I was listening on the radio and the commo's weren't happy.
Reckless and poor...well that says it all really...
As for the pitch - same for both teams....
The annoying thing is that we could be without Sparkes - and that challenge on him was totally unnecessary.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Why was the challenge 'totally unnecessary'?

The game was approaching it's close and Charles-Cook's team was one down; do you expect them to do, run up the white flag?

The pitch was the same for both teams obviously but when you get a skiddy surface on top of a rock hard sub surface, you have a skating rink.

I saw who was commentating it was Alan Richardson wasn't it ~ he's a ninny at the best of times ~ I wouldn't rust his judgement on something like that whatsoever.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 29 Mar 2017, 20:15 Why was the challenge 'totally unnecessary'?

The game was approaching it's close and Charles-Cook's team was one down; do you expect them to do, run up the white flag?

The pitch was the same for both teams obviously but when you get a skiddy surface on top of a rock hard sub surface, you have a skating rink.

I saw who was commentating it was Alan Richardson wasn't it ~ he's a ninny at the best of times ~ I wouldn't rust his judgement on something like that whatsoever.
The main thing is that sparkles has no breakage and will be back in action very soon
Lucy