Wrexham v Torquay 25.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You couldn't really argue that was an excellent point yesterday against a side with infinitely more resources than we have.

Whatever you think about the manager and players, after the events of the last week it is impossible not to feel some sympathy working under a **** like Harrop and a shyster like Osborne. These people are nothing more than a disgrace. How they can sleep at nights is beyond me - I can accept that they have bugger all interest in the football club, but they are quite happy to downright lie to the fanbase and treat them with contempt.

These **** have no place at our club - in fact I would rather not have a club with these kind of people associated with it. Its criminal that the team is now actually weaker than when Harrop and co took over, and Nicholson wasn't allowed any scope to strengthen last week.

How anyone can seriously think that these people have an ounce of credibility is beyond me.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

brucie wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 12:25 You couldn't really argue that was an excellent point yesterday against a side with infinitely more resources than we have.

Whatever you think about the manager and players, after the events of the last week it is impossible not to feel some sympathy working under a **** like Harrop and a shyster like Osborne. These people are nothing more than a disgrace. How they can sleep at nights is beyond me - I can accept that they have bugger all interest in the football club, but they are quite happy to downright lie to the fanbase and treat them with contempt.

These **** have no place at our club - in fact I would rather not have a club with these kind of people associated with it. Its criminal that the team is now actually weaker than when Harrop and co took over, and Nicholson wasn't allowed any scope to strengthen last week.

How anyone can seriously think that these people have an ounce of credibility is beyond me.
I agree with brucie!😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Well said Brucie, saying what a lot of us feel.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 11:00
The one thing I've always been impressed with about fans of TUFC as a whole, we might have our fair share of morons but we have a plethora of talented and intelligent people. We seldom seem to make much use of them for some strange reason but now is the time for all that knowledge to come together and stop these vultures from adding the name Torquay United to the likes of Hereford, Scarborough etc etc.

Now is the time for everyone to do whatever they can to galvanise the support like never before and send this mob back to where they came from. They can dump Harrop at the first McDonalds on their way.
Totally agree Dave.
I'm so incensed with this.
Going to speak to an old school mate tomorrow who's a solicitor at (the renowned) Irwin Mitchell in Sheffield.
He's a football fan too so hopefully will be able to give us some help.
Also considering driving down for the game on Easter Monday to give these Gareth Hunts some vocal stick. :@

Up the Gulls.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just like to say, I also agree with Brucie. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

kevgull wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 12:36 I agree with brucie!😉
Me too.

And that is unbelievable (Jeff) :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 12:25 You couldn't really argue that was an excellent point yesterday against a side with infinitely more resources than we have.

Excellent post
TUST MEMBER
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A question for those who were at the Wrexham match - how did Lee, the young full back from Bournemouth, do when he came on? I know he wasn't on for very long but he seemed to be quite involved judging from the Radio Devon commentary. He had a torrid time in his first match for us but I think he is highly thought of in Bournemouth.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tomogull wrote: 26 Mar 2017, 22:50 A question for those who were at the Wrexham match - how did Lee, the young full back from Bournemouth, do when he came on? I know he wasn't on for very long but he seemed to be quite involved judging from the Radio Devon commentary. He had a torrid time in his first match for us but I think he is highly thought of in Bournemouth.
I was there, but to be fair, the game at the end when he came on was so end to end, the match kind of took over player performance if you know what I mean? What I can say is that every Torquay player played their hearts out yesterday, best I've seen in a long while.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 02:02 I was there, but to be fair, the game at the end when he came on was so end to end, the match kind of took over player performance if you know what I mean? What I can say is that every Torquay player played their hearts out yesterday, best I've seen in a long while.
Cheers ! Thanks for that. It sounds as if the players are fully behind Nicho which is going to be very important in these final seven games of the season.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Good to hear from Lucy that it was a performance full of fight, passion, desire commitment etc , and I know
its the time to get behind the team now but have to say that sort of performance is what should have been
happening in every match. If it had we wouldnt be in this mess on the field and be 10-15 points better off
This is partly down to the manager and partly the players pride in their own performance and desire to improve
and better themselves, so in that respect, the manager didnt sign the players with the right character that he
said was so important to him at the start of the season
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

desperado wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 18:21 Good to hear from Lucy that it was a performance full of fight, passion, desire commitment etc , and I know
its the time to get behind the team now but have to say that sort of performance is what should have been
happening in every match. If it had we wouldnt be in this mess on the field and be 10-15 points better off
This is partly down to the manager and partly the players pride in their own performance and desire to improve
and better themselves, so in that respect, the manager couldn't afford the players with the right character that he
said was so important to him at the start of the season and lost two pivotal players and was given none of the proceeds to replace them

This is closer to the truth ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com