Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Dazza wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 21:37 The GI five year plan is working a treat...
5 year plan ...not seen it yet..we will be in southern premier before we know it...

(GI)VE UP NOW AND F*** OFF

INSULTING NOW WITH THE SILENCE...IT'S FEELS WORSE THAN NO CLUB TO BE HONEST.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Goal difference only positive :(
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Subs our best striker in Williams again for that useless waste of space Reid. Tactical bloody genius.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

And brings on Chaney. Only thing he did well was tackle someone then proceeds to loose it
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

A hugely frustrating game to watch. Thought we dominated large parts of the game but once again we are missing that final finish, and the weak back four seem to be letting us down more and more.
Frustrating to see that Eastleigh, a club with a decent budget and some quality players, have to resort to persistent time-wasting from 35 mins and playing the ref (who, by the way, lacked any kind of control tonight). As for Stack and his childish celebrations after the final whistle, grow up. You're embarrassing your club.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Goose9 wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 22:13 A hugely frustrating game to watch. Thought we dominated large parts of the game but once again we are missing that final finish, and the weak back four seem to be letting us down more and more.
Frustrating to see that Eastleigh, a club with a decent budget and some quality players, have to resort to persistent time-wasting from 35 mins and playing the ref (who, by the way, lacked any kind of control tonight). As for Stack and his childish celebrations after the final whistle, grow up. You're embarrassing your club.
Don't worry about Stack, he's always been a wind up merchant. As for time wasting, that's how the game works these days. Every club has done it but we're too nice and like to be fair so we never adopt a time wasting approach when leading in a game.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Why is it we can see that Williams is playing well and he gets subbed. Reid should not have got on until we needed him and it was not that early in the game. Bad defending again let us down I thought Moore might have done better with the first goal but I might be a bit harsh. :@
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Burnhamgull wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 22:16
Don't worry about Stack, he's always been a wind up merchant. As for time wasting, that's how the game works these days.
.......and nobody in the crowd was abusing Stack? Tell me please

......and Nicholson told you Eastleigh would do that ~ as Burnhamgull says every club does it so grow a pair and get used to it. It's called killing the game when you are ahead; it's professional and with the number one am of winning the game but then what do we know about that?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Said it before when we've moaned about an opposing teams tactics, and once again I say it 'they won, we lost' instead of moaning, maybe our team, club should grow a pair.

The thing is, they earned the right to time waste, if you don't want to see the opposing team do it, impose your game on them, take the lead and do it your self, and again, this whole time wasting thing is just so hypocritical, no fans minds it when it's their own team doing it.

After last weeks good performance, sadly reverted to type. Just can't understand why Keating can't get on from the start, every time he comes on, always looks like he's going make something happen, so he might be an impact player, we're never going to find out if the lad doesn't get the chance.

Don't know what to say anymore, I don't even bother cheering the goals these days, life supporting our club ahs just got so bad.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Don't hate the player....hate the game.

Ridiculous rule change allowing them to pick which side to kick from which, in massive irony, was supposed to speed the game up!

If we had few more seasoned pros we wouldn't be in this mess. Stack played the pantomime villain well and rightly enjoyed the win. Good luck to him.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

DevonYellow wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 22:36 Ridiculous rule change allowing them to pick which side to kick from which, in massive irony, was supposed to speed the game up! If we had few more seasoned pros we wouldn't be in this mess.
It was ~ and there are always people smart enough to manage a game effectively...until you look at our club that is!

As has been said; you have to earn the right to be in a position to do that and Eastleigh earned it.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It's that time of night when we all get to play "Nico Bingo"........."They owe me", "The players have got to stand up and be counted", "lack of intent"

HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Forget what you saw and whether we had the better of the game etc. - Eastleigh won this match at a tactical canter under the clever stewardship of the wily old fox Richard Hill . Take the lead, kill the game5 (we equalise) Eastleigh up the pace score again within 5 minutes then kill the game ( we equalise again) Eastleigh up the pace score again within 3 minutes then kill the game again and take all three points. Not pretty to watch but very effective. I am afraid we were again inept in our tactics on how to deal with Eastleigh's well though out game plan. Credit to Eastleigh, back to the drawing board for us!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I am pissed off with calling it "managing a game " or "gamesmanship " it is **** cheating pure and simple. If the keeper starts taking the piss from early in the first half then the referee should grow some balls and book the fecker for time wasting. Then send the little shit off if it continues.

Eastleigh have enough good and experienced players to PLAY FOOTBALL.

They did not need to resort to such crap.

I hate it but can understand a team doing it in the last few minutes if they have played out an honest game but not from the first minute.

THAT TONIGHT WAS NOT FOOTBALL.

People pay hard earned money to go to football and not to watch a bunch of dishonest cheats.

I have watched football for over forty years and only recently have teams started to do this to the extremes that they are taking it.

They are killing football as people will refuse to pay and watch this kind of shit.

We will then ALL be losers.

If this is the way forward then I do not want to be a part of it

As for Stack going down and pretending to be injured well I would have loved to be on the pitch to make sure the cnut was injured !

Eastleigh redefined the word "earned" tonight
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

But....................if it was Torquay playing that way and winning games, running the clock down, gaining advantages unfairly but giving us away wins........we'd all celebrate. Fact.

21st century football, if you don't like it, get off the bus.

Might sound harsh but it's true.