Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Post by lucy6lucy »

4 points from our previous 2 games has given us a glimmer of hope in our quest to avoid the drop. We had favourable results go in our favour yesterday despite not playing. So whilst relegation is still on the cards, we are in control of our own destiny. Losing to Eastleigh will still have us in control of our destiny, but the games will soon be running out. There's something about home matches on a Tuesday night, we more often than not win. So a win on Tuesday will do nicely. It's looking more likely that no new additions will be coming, so Nicholson has to drum it into the lads to prove that they want to get us out of this mess. For those not on a FAT free diet, it's pie night in the restaurant :lol: My prediction 2-1 Torquay
Lucy
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We must look to win this, may need 4 wins and possibly a draw or two, so need to beat Eastleigh, Chester
and Ferriby, will need another away win probably as we wont win all 4 at home, 3 will be pushing it, not sure
where the away win will come, Wrexham may be our best chance as they are apparently giving some youngsters
a game. It won't work out logically of course, we will probably draw on tuesday, but saturday was Eastleighs 1st win
in 10 against a Chester team in freefall, so anything other than a win and I would say we will still be favourites to
go down
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Sorry, Eastleighs second win in ten, two in a row now,, hope Richard Hill is not working any magic
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

A win here will be very important but I just don't see it happen. GI aren't opening their chequebooks and we still don't have any new players in place and without those new players I don't see a win coming our way. This being said if we play like we did against Tranmere, I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a draw, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, however it does leave us having to win our matches against fellow strugglers and those are the ones that we've done worst at during these past three seasons in the conference.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

While the Torquay United podcast folk at the Herald Express still believe Nico is looking for a striker, 3 games later nothing has happened. BUT at least we have organised pie night for Tuesday in the No 10 restaurant.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

I was out for a run just now and went past Verma, in Victoria Park in Paignton. He was on his own, walking very slowly, and looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

& so he should do as one of the incompetent ones that is taking this club lower than it has ever been before.

Let's not go easy on these losers; they are steering our club towards oblivion and so I would hope he is giving the situation a great deal of thought and realises the importance of tomorrow night.

This is pressure time and people like him need to perform under pressure ~ that is of their own making by the way ~ or exit stage left and leave us to pick up the pieces.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

A possible point, I think. Thus:

TUFC (0) 1
Eastleigh (1) 1

Att: 1322.
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Merse, I agree. But if the players are so wound up that they can't play freely, that's not a good thing. I obviously have no idea if Verma is wound up or not - that was just my impression when I saw him, which was only for 5-10secs or so. For all I know he could just have been weighing up what to have for lunch.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Most of these guys haven't been playing for Nicho all season!
What's happened now, is that the players, with only a handful of games to go, have woken up to their own nightmare scenarios should we get relegated.

As for strengthening the team, I wait with baited breath!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

You're right kevgull; Nicholson's management has been naïve in the extreme........mollycoddling them and constantly referring to them as 'young men' ~ what the **** are any average playing squad but young men?

These tossers obviously don't live in the real world, will just move on at the end of the season and carry on ~ the only constant at any football club are the supporters. Players are not fans, they are employees of clubs and as such have themselves to look after.

Expect most of them to be featuring at a lower level than even this club will soon drop into with maybe just one or two managing to get a place at a second tier NL club. Not one of them is fit for purpose for the English Football League and if any of them manage to get another National League contract anywhere they will be very lucky indeed.

As for the management; well when you get sacked at Torquay United that's normally the end of your career for first time managers and what's Herrera going to get ~ a job as a penguin at Living Coasts or a traffic warden in the Model Village ?

as a former Gull, Robbie found acceptance hard to win amongst the penguins
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Terry Henry wrote: 20 Mar 2017, 09:15 I was out for a run just now and went past Verma, in Victoria Park in Paignton. He was on his own, walking very slowly, and looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.
If you read TFF you'll realise he has that miserable old bugger Stewart for a neighbour and had just been chatting to him!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: 19 Mar 2017, 17:27 For those not on a FAT free diet, it's pie night in the restaurant :lol: My prediction 2-1 Torquay
Don't tell Harrop, there might not be any pie's left
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Terry Henry wrote: 20 Mar 2017, 12:24 Merse, I agree. But if the players are so wound up that they can't play freely, that's not a good thing. I obviously have no idea if Verma is wound up or not - that was just my impression when I saw him, which was only for 5-10secs or so. For all I know he could just have been weighing up what to have for lunch.
Probably just had another visit from Harrop for a pep talk....................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I am not quite sure why we are currently blaming Nicholson and the players for something that hasn't happened yet. It's pretty clear who should be turning our anger on right now. Those who 'fiddle' while Rome burns...