Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Is LaPotato wivelgull in disguise? (see favourite player).
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Usual bullsh!t from Nicholson on the official site. Apparently the defeat wasn't down to tactics, formation or preparation but a lack of desire from the players. Its never teflon Nicholson's fault. He would have been sacked long ago at most clubs, which is why we are heading to the Conference South.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

I said we would be relegated after the away match at guiesley but got so much shit for saying it, I was admittedly overwhelmed after the southport game that it even gave me a glimpse of belief, but as GI or Riveria limited have not invested/recruite in the playing staff we are basically ****. I feel for Nicholson he has no room for manoeuvre with a 16 man squad, where 12 are not fit for purpose. As frustrating as it is, why should he quit he has a 2.5 year contract to run, if he feels screwed up let them sack him and pay him off, don't quit. The whole scenario we face is actually what SG said and indeed what I didn't want to come true. The club is in turmoil and has no identity as to the solution.as no one seems to either care or know what's going on.
Lucy
Terry Henry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Terry Henry »

Lucy, I agree. If I was Nicho, I wouldn't quit. I wonder what he'll do when we get relegated, though?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Lucy it might not be that easy just to hang on for the money. This situation cannot be doing Nico any good mentally or physically health wise. However he could quit now and sue for constructive dismissal, because after all that's what this is.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nicholson has too much honour, pride and love for the club to walk. He also has a young family to support so can anyone blame him for trying to stand by what he's doing. He's tried his best to get performances out of his players but we all know that hasn't happened. Is it his fault that the club has been run into the ground? No, GI knew how to manipulate the situation they were presented with and they proved to be experts at that. Nicholson has been promised help, what he's been given is an overbearing buffoon masking himself as the man in charge.

If I was in Nicholsons boots I'd have stuck one on Fat Harrops snout and walked away. I credit Nico with more common sense than I have and he's carrying on regardless while still getting most of the flak on social media. He's not even hiding from that and still the criticism is unabated. He's a rookie manager who happens to have his dream job, with just a little help and a modest budget we wouldn't be in this mess and his dream wouldn't have become a nightmare.

Get off your fat arse, Harrop. Give the manager some support rather than trying to knife him in the back.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Meanwhile the clock's ticking towards today's 5pm deadline.....
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Mar 2017, 09:32 Nicholson has too much honour, pride and love for the club to walk. He also has a young family to support so can anyone blame him for trying to stand by what he's doing. He's tried his best to get performances out of his players but we all know that hasn't happened. Is it his fault that the club has been run into the ground? No, GI knew how to manipulate the situation they were presented with and they proved to be experts at that ... I credit Nico with more common sense than I have and he's carrying on regardless while still getting most of the flak on social media. He's not even hiding from that and still the criticism is unabated. He's a rookie manager who happens to have his dream job, with just a little help and a modest budget we wouldn't be in this mess and his dream wouldn't have become a nightmare.

:goodpost:
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

He hardly gets any flak on social media. Most of his posts get a load of "We love you Kev" replies and I wonder how many of those people have actually been at the game!

For a manager who is taking us to regional football I would say he gets amazingly little stick.

Granted its not all his fault but he isn't, and shouldn't, be immune from criticism.