Torquay v Eastleigh 21.3.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Dazza wrote: 20 Mar 2017, 18:22 I am not quite sure why we are currently blaming Nicholson and the players for something that hasn't happened yet. It's pretty clear who should be turning our anger on right now. Those who 'fiddle' while Rome burns...
If the players had beaten Sutton with a defender in goal or 10 man Guiseley while being a goal up, we'd be almost safe from relegation now. GI might be screwing the club over but lets not act as though the players have covered themselves in glory at any point during this season. At their worst they've looked absolutely no interesting and displayed all the mental strength of a wet sponge.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

The players have had it too easy for far too long, and Nicholson for that matter. Standing ovations and laps of honour after defeat? Do me a favour...it's a bloody ridiculous tradition we have seemed to adopt recently.

It was interesting that after the Guisely game, when they were quite rightly booed off, that there was a reaction the following game.

We were sending out the message that poor performances were somehow acceptable.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

At least the players and the manager were there to be booed at and as you say have reacted.

Since then we have sent two players out on loan and watched our relegation rivals strengthen. Unique ' club management' .
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

DevonYellow wrote: 20 Mar 2017, 19:42 The players have had it too easy for far too long, and Nicholson for that matter. Standing ovations and laps of honour after defeat? Do me a favour...it's a bloody ridiculous tradition we have seemed to adopt recently.

It was interesting that after the Guisely game, when they were quite rightly booed off, that there was a reaction the following game.

We were sending out the message that poor performances were somehow acceptable.
Agree with this totally. But it hasn't just been happening this season, it's being going on for years. I for one have never clapped a losing side (except for the 1989 Sherpa cup final team), but have never failed to be amazed when supporters on the grandstand \ bristows bench side have applauded some quite frankly mediocre performances down the years. It should be enough that we have paid our money to see this shower without having to venerate them for half arsed displays as well.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Contrast the easy-osy mood at Plainmoor and ambivalent attitude towards failure with this:
"I was warned by the manager (Gordon Bartlett) in one of our first ever conversations he said that if I didn't perform well and put the effort in, the fans would let me know!" ~ former Wealdstone player Peter Dean on playing for one of the most demanding crowds in non-league football.

Wealdstone players (and I was there on Saturday) know that they'll tear you to pieces if you don't give your last drop of blood for the shirt; they wouldn't be applauding some of the utter shite I have seen applauded by the Yellow Army this season.
GIorDIE
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Hargreaves

Post by GIorDIE »

Eastleigh set to rest 4 of the players who started last match. The manager stated he will settle for a point. Not sure what this means in terms of the attitude of the playing team. Chester played 5 players who you may consider 'not regulars' last Saturday so I wouldn't read into their two games unbeaten too much.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Eastleigh pay good wages and have a big squad so their fourth manager this season will change a few players http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/footba ... quay_trip/

Chris Todd their former manager at the beginning of the season might be an interested spectator tonight.I hope we get something out of the game and predict Giancarlo will score and do a baby celebration
Stewart
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Stewart »

merse btpir wrote: 20 Mar 2017, 14:46 If you read TFF you'll realise he has that miserable old bugger Stewart for a neighbour and had just been chatting to him!
I'm not sure if that comment is meant as a pathetic excuse for a joke, or if you have some other reason for being so bloody rude. I may be old (as can be seen via my profile on TFF), but I am certainly not miserable or a silly or annoying person. If I were you, I would stop insulting or belittling other people in such an arrogant manner, and just grow up.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

:rules: Stewart ~ you are old; so am I........just lighten up and stop being so po-faced!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm still 21........
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 18:05 I'm still 21........
+ 35 :lol:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ah well....

1-0 down... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Woking leads 2-1 and we are in the bottom-four again :(
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
+botts123
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +botts123 »

I see Plymouth Argyle's manager Derek Adams and his assistant at the game tonight
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

+botts123 wrote: 21 Mar 2017, 20:22 I see Plymouth Argyle's manager Derek Adams and his assistant at the game tonight
Eastleigh must have some whizzkid they're expecting to shine.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084