Torquay V Tranmere

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A hard earned point tonight and that has to be the sort of effort and determination that the fans and Nicho have to ask for the remaining nine games of the season if we are to stay up. A real team effort tonight and the 'team bonding' at the start of the second half seemed to have some effect. An entertaining 0 - 0 - a draw was probably a fair result. Both teams had chances and both teams suffered ridiculous decisions by an incompent ref.

A lively 20 minutes or so by Rauri Keating. He injected a bit of pace up front when he came on. He's quite strong as well - doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. More of Keating and less of Harrad please, Nicho !
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

BBC match report! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39188776 either they were reporting a different match or the reporter was still down the pub when the match was on. "Rovers predictably had the best of the contest" - how did they work that one out? "Torquay's Damon Lathrope hit the top of the bar with a 25-yard volley" I thought it was Luke Young? "Rovers dominated again after the break" dominated ? I think they mean Rovers were contained easily again after the break. What is more frustrating is the person who wrote this not only gets paid but is also misinforming the paying public licence holders?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

DevonYellow wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 22:00 A good effort from the lads tonight resulting in a hard earned point. Could easily have gone either way and would probably have taken the draw if offered before kick off.

Having said that there was a spell during the second half where it looked like we might nick a goal. It was a shame that Williams ran out of steam as he looked lively, was winning stuff in the air and the most likely to get behind their defence. I would like to see Keating given a start when fit in place of the horribly ineffective Harrad.

A useful point but it makes the next home game against Eastleigh a must win. The pressure is very much on...
Let's be honest Devon yellow, Not many really expected a point return from this game. So it's a massive point gained. But, yes the pressure is on, but something suggests the players mentality has changed in the last 2 games. I admit I thought we played Eastleigh Saturday, so to hear it's next Tuesday is great, we always seem to get results on a Tuesday home match. We could do with Gateshead beating Woking on Saturday. :)
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Not read so many positive comments for a while. Playing top half teams seems to inspire us, on the basis of our run in, we could yet avoid relegation.
Lucy
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Definitely Lathrope who hit the bar.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Highlights of Southport match if anyone interested - start at 13min 35 sec
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Hypnotherapy works wonders!
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 02:23 Let's be honest Devon yellow, Not many really expected a point return from this game. So it's a massive point gained. But, yes the pressure is on, but something suggests the players mentality has changed in the last 2 games. I admit I thought we played Eastleigh Saturday, so to hear it's next Tuesday is great, we always seem to get results on a Tuesday home match. We could do with Gateshead beating Woking on Saturday. :)
Absolutely. They were very good last night but it will count for nothing unless we start winning a few. We can take heart from this but my point is that there is no let off.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Glostergull wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 22:05 So maybe you will go out now and buy the complete catalogue of Westlife albums to celebrate. LOL
:lol: :lol: :clap: :bow: :rofl: :na: :whistle:
😂
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just to add to the comments already made, it has to be said last nights performance was as good, as we've seen since the FGR doubled header. The back four as tight as we've seen in a long time, and what was up with LRT last night, he had a stormer.

It is frustrating though, I've been one of a very few who've maintained this group of players are capable, they are capable of a comfortable mid table position, once again last night they proved what they are capable of, against what ahs to be said, a very good Tranmere side, the whole relegation issue should have put to bed by now.

Last night has to be the bench mark for the run-in, maintain those standards and we're going no where. As a side note, agree with above comments, the referee didn't take control of this game from the start, there were some sharp tackles going in, and ref didn't act, on his decision making, hypocrisy does come on here on fans view points, to fair the ref was, as equally bad in some of the free-kicks he gave for both us, and Tranmere.
Formerly known as forevertufc
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

The fine margin between mid table and possible relegation, might only be not being able to put teams to bed when we have had the upper hand.

Sutton and Guiseley spring to mind.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: