Southport v Torquay 11.03.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Glostergull wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 17:54 I doubt it matters much,. you can buy them all. it won't make much difference. he wasn't in Westlife. Now if your going to buy a Boyzone album that would be different !
Well done Glostergull, not really into Boy bands.
I bow to your knowledge😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This lad Keating must be given more game time, in the 5 minute cameos he has looked sharp and lively and shows
anticipation which is so important. Seems like he can finish too.Not expecting him to start ahead of Harrad with
Nichos thinking but would like to see him get 20-30 minutes on tuesday. Would be happy with a point , and look
to beat Eastleigh the game after, at least we are still in there with a chance after todays results
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

kevgull wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 17:12 I said to my mate that if Keating scored the winner I would go and buy a Westlife Album.

Does anyone know which one I should buy? 😜
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Well, as usual after a good result its all quiet, about 4 or 5 times as many posts when we lose as
when we win. As the man who sang my user name , also sang " people love it when you lose ,
they love dirty laundry"
Long way to go I know, but I am happy tonight with a rare victory, our first away win on a saturday this season
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

desperado wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 19:35 Well, as usual after a good result its all quiet, about 4 or 5 times as many posts when we lose as
when we win. As the man who sang my user name , also sang " people love it when you lose ,
they love dirty laundry"
Long way to go I know, but I am happy tonight with a rare victory, our first away win on a saturday this season
I think it's more to do with when we win you can have a beer, relax and enjoy your evening.

When we suffer absolute garbage like the last couple of weeks I owe it to my family, friends and cat to sound off on here rather than them.

Chill man. We won. Easy now!

Great win let's hope it's not another false dawn. Huge game Tuesday....but they all are now I suppose.

Now where's the bottle opener....
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonYellow wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 19:43 I think it's more to do with when we win you can have a beer, relax and enjoy your evening.

When we suffer absolute garbage like the last couple of weeks I owe it to my family, friends and cat to sound off on here rather than them.

Chill man. We won. Easy now!

Great win let's hope it's not another false dawn. Huge game Tuesday....but they all are now I suppose.

Now where's the bottle opener....
Agree DevonYellow.

Sat here now chillin with a glass of red. Smiling.
....as opposed to last week when I was sat in boots and laces, p155ed off and then went down town and had a few drinks (still cursing and moaning) in Yates' and then The Hole in the Wall...... :@
Even the curry didn't cheer me up.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Think another problem is, many of us didn't go to the game today so can't really comment, other than to say well done, great and much needed win and congratulations to all. However, we just can't win a game, and then go 6-7 games with out a win now, there's no time left.

We have 10 games left and need to win at least 4 of them, and maybe a couple of draws, been out all day today, but reading through the forums, and picking up on things that Racchi seems to have, does make me wonder.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

We needed a break today and we got it. Just look at the picture on the club website to see what it meant to Nicholson and Herrera ....

Does anyone know when the loan etc window closes.? I still think the quality of the signings we can make will dictate the Division we play in next year.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

We needed a break today and we got it. Just look at the picture on the club website to see what it meant to Nicholson and Herrera ....

Does anyone know when the loan etc window closes.? I still think the quality of the signings we can make will dictate the Division we play in next year.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

A vital 3 points today but I suspect a lot of fans aren't getting too carried away after all, it was a last minute winner and not a comfortable victory. What's important now is to put in a decent performance on Tuesday night and not go on a run of games without a win as Forever says.

However, it's Saturday night and we're 3 points better off than we were at 3pm so raise a glass and enjoy your Sundays everybody!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Apparently Keating travelled up to Southport this morning with the club physio as he has been ill. A priceless win.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Must win game..won! Didn't sound pretty on the radio but grinding out results is what we need to do now with 10 games to go!

A signing or two before Tranmere on Tuesday and our form against the higher placed teams might help towards at least a point!

Onwards and Upwards!! :clap:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 20:49 We needed a break today and we got it. Just look at the picture on the club website to see what it meant to Nicholson and Herrera ....

March 28?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

There are no transfer/loan windows below the EFL.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

There's no longer windows in the National League, but there is still a transfer deadline - the last Thursday in March, which would be 30th March.

It could potentially make for an interesting situation, with clubs at both ends splashing the cash. Anybody signed that week would only be there a month or so, so why wouldn't you fund a month's wages if it means going up or staying safe. We have 4 games before that and 6 afterwards, so it'll probably get interesting pretty quickly.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats