Southport v Torquay 11.03.17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Dutchgull wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 17:02 Danny Racchi was so good on the radio. Talks so much sense.
Yeah, he also said that we were poor and that this fixture was Southport's best chance out of the whole division to get 3 points... Says it all.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

notnow wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 00:33 Yeah, he also said that we were poor and that this fixture was Southport's best chance out of the whole division to get 3 points... Says it all.
I heard that, on a number of occasions he said we were disorganized. If true, I wasnt there so don't know first hand, but that is VERY worrying.

How can a professional football club be disorganized, they have all bloody week to "Organize" .

Pleased with the result but with football you don't know if this is the start of something or a blip, we will see.
TUST MEMBER
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

Great win, their equaliser was a good strike, it wasn't the prettiest match but we got the points we need.
Now onto a tough match against tranmere on Tuesday.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Regarding the performance yesterday, it was not great. But we have to remember this was 2 teams fighting for their lives. Win ugly in a relegation match is the way to do it, and to do it in injury time ticks the boxes for me. I and everyone else just went wild when it went in, it just meant so much to everyone connected to the club. Special mention to Brendan Moore, he kept us in the game with some fine saves in the last 15 minutes, ironically he saved a fierce strike in the 89th minute, 2 minutes later we score. Credit also to how we played those last 4 minutes, southport never had the ball in our box. Will this be the catalyst, I'm sceptical unless we add a defender and a tall no nonsense forward (someone like Rene Howe). Team spirit is there, they just need help. Anyway, that winning feeling was great, unlike my head this morning
Lucy
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Highlights from the game:

Got to say both goals were well taken.

90th minute, drawing 1-1 and to have the composure to take it past his man and score was awesome from Keating.