Torquay United v Guiseley

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Torquay United v Guiseley

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Well Friday night and no thread.

Here we are. Discuss.

See you all at Plainmoor tomorrow for a well needed victory.

TTID.
COYY.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

This is so hard to predict. Guiesley are a bogey team(amongst the many others) against us. They are bang in form. But, we simply have to win this game. Sorry to say but 2-0 guiesley.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Exspecting an utter shite performance and a 5 nil hammering with 2 sending offs.

Anything better than this will be a bonus 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

kevgull wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 20:57 Exspecting an utter shite performance and a 5 nil hammering with 2 sending offs.

Anything better than this will be a bonus 😉
Fingers crossed then kevgull...... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We've two choices if we don't want to lose we play Lathrop and if we want to win we play Chaney. Keating should start instead of Reid.
I would stick to 4-2-3-1 which they stayed with last week with Keating Chaney and Sparkes the three forward midfield players. Williams is the only choice up front and links well with Chaney but Nicho took Williams off last week so it did not happen. Young and Verma the deeper midfield players.
If we play 4-4-2 it's like throwing a dice anything can happen. As I always say I trust my judgement. :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

After last weeks appalling 'performance', I'm hoping Nico will ring some changes. Definitely Keating to start and I would like to see Gallifuoco brought in place of Lathrope. I used to rate Lathrope highly but he's nowhere near the player he once was which is a shame. And some game time, more than the last five minutes, for Critchlow. It's about time we beat Guiseley so I will go for a 2 -1 victory. If we're still in the bottom four at 5 pm tomorrow night, I shall be worried. Really worried for the club's future.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

tomogull wrote: 03 Mar 2017, 22:21 After last weeks appalling 'performance', I'm hoping Nico will ring some changes. Definitely Keating to start and I would like to see Gallifuoco brought in place of Lathrope. I used to rate Lathrope highly but he's nowhere near the player he once was which is a shame. And some game time, more than the last five minutes, for Critchlow. It's about time we beat Guiseley so I will go for a 2 -1 victory. If we're still in the bottom four at 5 pm tomorrow night, I shall be worried. Really worried for the club's future.
I'm not shouting for it but any other club would have sacked the manager months ago just to get a reaction from the players as we are getting the same excuses every week and it's getting easier to lose.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

There's no easy game and formations can hinder as much as help. All I ask is the lads come out on Sat with a bit of self-belief, play to their footballing instincts and show no respect to the opposition and play to our home advantage. No disrespect but its only Guiesley, not Chelsea! As it appears few are expecting us to win we have nothing to lose but throw caution to the wind and press right from the start with a attacking 4-2-4 formation e.g.

Moore
Hodgkiss
McGinty
Gallifuoco
Verma

Chaney
Young

Sparks
Williams/Reid
Keating,
Critchlow
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Arcadia - In normal circumstances, I would agree. But the club is such a shambolic mess off the field, is it any surprise that it is failing on the field ? Under Nico for the final third of last season, our form was second only to promoted Cheltenham. Does Nico suddenly become a poor manager? I wonder how many of the fans who are now calling for him to go were amongst those chanting "Nich-ol-son, Nich-ol-son" at the end of last season and saying he should be given the freedom of Torbay? I don't know. A new manager might make a difference but I really hope Nico can turn things around.

As for young Sam Chaney, I like him as a player because he shows some urgency and moves the ball quickly to feet. There are aspects of his game that he has to work on but I think he is a good prospect. I think if the team was better placed, he would have been given more game time but Nico seems to like to play it safe by sticking with experience which in my view is not always the best tactic. It is a pity that Sam is at Plainmoor and not part of the Exeter youth set up. I'm sure he would be an even better prospect with the coaching he would have received there. He reminds me of another young midfield player who those of us who saw him play, thought he had something about him. He was released by the club and has gone on to play in several successful sides and is now in the Dagenham & Redbridge side challenging for a play off place. Name? Luke Guttridge.
Last edited by tomogull on 04 Mar 2017, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

where you stopping supes?? whats your success rate at home since you flew the nest? i know out away ratio is shocking since we've known each other? have we ever even seen a win? i'm home next weekend, bad timing, or good??!!
still keeping the faith
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Could someone make the MOTM thread please. I am at a wedding in the Lake District so won't be online tomorrow afternoon.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Gulliball wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 00:21 Could someone make the MOTM thread please. I am at a wedding in the Lake District so won't be online tomorrow afternoon.
I'll be online tomorrow, so I'll do it.

3-0 Torquay

Williams x2
Sparkes

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Cant lose this can we
TUST MEMBER
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

More optimistic today!

We have been averaging a point a game all season so that's my prediction.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 00:03 where you stopping supes?? whats your success rate at home since you flew the nest? i know out away ratio is shocking since we've known each other? have we ever even seen a win? i'm home next weekend, bad timing, or good??!!
In South Brent Bixie!!!! =D
Actually, I hope my home form continues.....as since moving ooop north I've yet to see them lose on the hallowed Plainmoor turf.... :)

Even if one of those was a dire 0-0 midweeker v Accrington!!!!! =D

TUST Member 468