Torquay United v Guiseley

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Just heard KN's post-match interview on Radio Devon. Sounds as if he has given up on his players and is clueless as to what has gone wrong and how to turn things around. Time to go.
Last edited by Gullscorer on 04 Mar 2017, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Nicho must go...we need a manager with experience who can get the players playing for him.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Should have gone ages ago the writing has been on the wall for a long, long time. So angry tonight. That second half was shockingly bad.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

recalling GG for Hodgkiss was madness - Nicho to go please!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I would imagine, right now, he's on Facebook writing his sob story on how we've been so unlucky, no funds to improve, players aren't doing what I ask etc etc.....
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I have been going to Plainmoor since 1954 so I have seen a lot of games.
Football can be a very cruel game. Today we dominated Guiseley for 60 minutes but at 1-0 you never know. We hit the bar with a header from I think Williams just before half time and Sparkes brought a great save from Maxted around 55 minutes so we could have led 3-0 but just like last week awful defending gifted Guiseley an equaliser after they had been battered for 15 minutes and gone down to 10 men.
Such are the fine margins in sport but there is no doubt Nicho has to go after this as much as it saddens me to say this.
We simply cannot be relegated because that will be the end of the Club as we know it.
Clarke Osborne must know he has to act and I think he will.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

At 2-15 today Radio Devon said Hodgkiss was injured and GG was his replacement. A little strange therefore he was on the bench.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Blimey! This sounds worse than Sutton! Was it?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I have listened to Nicholson's bullshit on the way home. Yet gain he has absolved himself from blame. I don't care if we were winning at 60 minutes.

We were playing a part time with ten men for **** sake. Last week it was part time team with a camel in goal. Possibly the most two DISGRACEFUL results in Torquays history.

Guiseley have won four out of five - and they have a new manager.

Nicholson's position is untenable. If there is an ounce of credibility with the new owners he will be dismissed IMMEDIATELY. A new low (if that's possible)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Yes he must go ...I've been patient. ...please just f off
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

No post from him yet on Facebook, normally would be by now
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Nicholson will cling on to this job and bullshit his way from one game to the next.

Blame the Board room and Chairman as they are the only ones who can arrest this unforgivable drop into the abyss.

Mr Osborne, it's time you show your hand!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest, I didn't think our teams performance today, was any where near as bad as last weeks, we've played ok for 60 minutes, but haven't killed the game off.

It's hardly a surprise these players are not playing for their manager really, Nicho's FB postings full stop are an error. Last weeks posting where Nicho said these players owe me a performance was arrogant in my view, trouble is if he went this week it could well, already be to late to make a difference, I think a better course of action now, would be for the club to see if there's an experienced manger that could be, or willing to come in as a consultant to help Nicho out.

I've lost most of the sympathy I had for Nicho now, what's happened to Cricthlow, was he injured, has he gone back, anyone know ?, and we're bringing on the likes of Harrod and Chaney, and poor young Keating who looks like he's got something about him doesn't get a look in again.

We needed to win these last two home games, the big problem is, with Sutton last week having no spare keeper, and Guiseley today, going down to 10 men with us winning, we have had the vital 6 points gift wrapped, with a tag that said happy Christmas TUFC here's the points, but we've looked the gift horse in the mouth a shot it.

Something has to change this week. Looking at the league table it isn't to late to save ourselves, but if we keep doing the same old same old, we're going down.
Formerly known as forevertufc
M_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: None

Post by M_Gull »

We have to beat southport and Solihull, but of course it won't happen.
Tranmere will be a defeat.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

Just somebody to help fill the bench..re Hodgkiss..